It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Hillary Clinton Attacking ‘Millions of Decent Americans’ with Racism Charge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: xuenchen

Klan members and many other White Supremacists are ON THE RECORD in supporting DJT.

Are you denying that fact?

Please pull up a Logical Fallacy List, and then go about explaining how even if some person of x viewpoint supports somebody / something, how then the noun being supported is therefore like the advocate.

Meanwhile....

Progressives are the Nu-Nazi's, while Hillary is no saint...

But following your logic sshe must be a racist too:

This whole topic she is initiating is absurd.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: too slow

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Duke, who disavowed the klan after leaving decades ago, did not actually endorse Trump.

he did, then like trump he said he didnt.

Trump disavowed anyway.

not straight away, first he claimed to have never heard of david duke, or white supremacists, then friday he tweeted he had heard of them now, and didn't like them. pretty weak.

You are ignoring that fact.

appears you are.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Klan members and many other White Supremacists are ON THE RECORD in supporting DJT.

Please pull up a Logical Fallacy List, and then go about explaining how even if some person of x viewpoint supports somebody / something, how then the noun being supported is therefore like the advocate.

Meanwhile....

Progressives are the Nu-Nazi's, while Hillary is no saint...

But following your logic sshe must be a racist too:

This whole topic she is initiating is absurd.

OMFG HER MENTOR?

And she has the balls to call anyone else racist?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I know, crazy. I wasn't even expecting all that, I just went and did a 'hillary kkk leader' youtube search and that came up.

Here goes some Wikipedia about her beloved "mentor":

In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in Sophia, West Virginia.[12][13]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "Suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[19] Byrd became a recruiter and leader of his chapter.[13] When it came time to elect the top officer (Exalted Cyclops) in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[13]

In December 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944[13][20]

In 1946, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."[21] However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist.[13]

In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[22] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision — a jejune and immature outlook — seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[23] Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."[13]
en.wikipedia.org...

link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Trump repudiated Duke back in 2000.

''So the Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. Buchanan, and a communist, Ms. Fulani. This is not company I wish to keep.''

DONALD J. TRUMP, noncandidate for president. [A18]

Source

link   

They're OVERJOYED that some of their most heartfelt values are being embraced by the republican party

mediamatters.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Please pull up a Logical Fallacy List, so you can then realize how irrelevant that point is. They live here too, and they're likely going to support somebody. When they do it doesn't inherently;y mean the people they endorse actually have the same brain they do.

And here now we can see that there are random Grand Dragons that support each of the Big 2.

So what's your point?

If you can show that DJT's "mentor" was a KKK leader, now that would be something worth talking about.
edit on 25-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Wrong.

Duke never endorsed Trump.

Staight from the horses mouth:

David Duke Responds To CNN LIE I Never endorsed Trump

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Something strange to me about this election is that the Hillary "camp" and her cronies in the media have chosen to play the same race card that was used in the Obama elections, i.e., "Only racists oppose Obama because he's black; all those who oppose Obama are racists".

So the HRC campaign chooses to pull the same gag? "All white people who support Trump are racists/white supremacists, etc."

That's really kind of weird. I don't see it accomplishes anything. Is the idea that they're trying to shame the average white voter into at a minimum staying home and not voting so they can't be accused of being a racist white supremacist?

But what's even stranger is that I don't much see HRC playing the "feminst" card, "First Female POTUS". And in that she could claim anyone not supporting her is a misogynist.

The more I think about it, the whole HRC campaign technique is kind of odd, it has an "off" feel to it. And, its so "canned". A card board cutout could deliver her speeches.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Not only that, but Trump has welcomed the support by agreeing with them, re-tweeting them, and refusing to denounce them.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You can't even name the "logical fallacy" you think you want to charge me with?

LOL ... that's just funny.

Robert Byrd was in the Klan in the 40s for one year. He was 23.

He spent the next 60 years working for all of the people in his State, and further, repudiating the Klan.

These kinds of obvious blundering beliefs are what make the right-wing's tripe so rancid, these days.

Next.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The news reports are that Hillary Clinton is going to try to accuse this campaign, and the millions of decent Americans who support this campaign, of being racists. It’s the oldest play in the Democratic playbook. When Democratic policies fail, they are left with only this one tired argument. It’s the last refuge of the discredited politician. They keep going back to this same well, but the well has run dry.

The well is dry but they keep on dipping in for more nonetheless.

One good thing about about the guilty by association fallacy. People who condemn others for the company they keep are often found to be in bad company themselves.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Not only that, but Trump has welcomed the support by agreeing with them, re-tweeting them, and refusing to denounce them.

Again, you're dealing with facts and evidence ... the Trumpites deal with neither.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So, since racist white people want to vote for someone I am supposed to not vote for them and also call that person running a bigot? They are voting for his policies. You are making it that they are voting because he is white. Hillary is white. So, it is a choice they are making since we know her ties.

So, when Obama pulled 99% of the vote...from blacks...and the Black Panthers celebrated....do I call them racist? No, I call them the winners.

Trump still has not made a racist statement once this campaign...not once.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here is the beauty of Hillary's new ad....she only used Trump's own words and his supporters own words.

Enjoy

Good luck distancing yourselves from this Trump supporters.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

COME ON.

Voting Against Donald Trump is Voting Against Your Heritage - David Duke

David Duke Urgers His Volunteers to Vote for Donald Trump

Trump: “Sure, I would do that, if it made you feel better. I don’t know anything about him. Somebody told me yesterday, whoever he is, he did endorse me. Actually I don’t think it was an endorsement. He said I was absolutely the best of all of the candidates.”

Washington Post
edit on 25-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Something strange to me about this election is that the Hillary "camp" and her cronies in the media have chosen to play the same race card that was used in the Obama elections, i.e., "Only racists oppose Obama because he's black; all those who oppose Obama are racists".

So the HRC campaign chooses to pull the same gag? "All white people who support Trump are racists/white supremacists, etc."

Right. They're definitely well practiced in such.

Meanwhile, when any person votes for, say, a black person specifically because the person is (supposedly) black, that is racism.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join