It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more boring than ufology these days?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There is simply nothing of note for many years now happening

its always a blurry light over lake eerie, or some random weird orb, or a story in the Sun magazine about two people walking out of the pub at 2am and seeing a ufo

The supposed crown jewels of ufology are all simply witness testimony, sometimes 2nd or 3rd hand
there is nothing in pictures or videos of any of them

There is simply nothing happening anymore, even Billy Meier`s fake alien handguns stopped being pictured 30 years ago

UFOLOGY is just so boring nowadays, what do they even discuss at conferences these days? a re-run of roswell 70 years on?

I have come to the conclusion that even if there was some alternate species visitation in the past, it clearly isnt happening nowadays, maybe the aliens decided we are too dumb a species to deal with, and moved on.

Either way, who wants to read through some boring mufon report, or read the roswell case for the 9 millionth time.

And please - dont get me started on those boring youtube videos showing a flashing light in the sky with no point of reference whatsoever.

Does anyone else think that ufology is just one big yawn these days?!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am not arguing your point of view as I agree

But to me, this is exactly what those trying to cover it all up (If there's anything to cover up) were aiming for all along. Flood the topic with nonsense so that anything legit is laughed away, thereby making the whole topic redundant.

It's a shame it's boring and so frowned upon now. But if I was trying to cover something up, that's exactly how I'd like it.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
@brace
i agree
when i started following ufology i was so excited i had never heard of all these classic cases before

a the time there were lots of media stories - current ones too ie the ohaire airport, then the norway spiral etc

sure some of those turned out to be hoaxes,

but there was always things happening

nowadays there is nothing, zero, zilch, happening.

its so boring

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

Could just be that we aren't being visited by extraterrestrials. I'm pretty certain the governments just ran with that crap to cover their testing of classified craft/technologies and to obfuscate the facts.

Everyone has a camera in their pocket now and wouldn't ya know ... less crazy things happen now. We don't see extraterrestrial activity or even things like miracles now, and nobody has seen them since technology and communication evolved to a point where we can quickly sniff out BS collectively. Funny how that works. Now that we are in a position as a species where most people could provide at least photographic or video proof if such a thing happened, it doesn't happen. I'm not saying people are liars but ... nah I am, people are liars, for all kinds of reasons.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yeah, i have not read much of the new ufo stuff, but some new sightings are interesting,

i have not seen one for a few years,,, still looking up, every night. eventually i will see one again,, would be number five or something.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't agree. There is a ton of things going on if you dig a little, and remember, the military spends millions annually to quash ufology like it has been. They don't want the public asking a lot of questions about this, and that has not gone away.

Look at how afraid academia and science is about dipping their feet into UFO materials, they are running scared. One well known guy on this site actively tries to explain away every UFO report, but he won't go near any of the really puzzling cases. Mr. Prosaic explanation is his new nick name. (unofficially).

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The US election.

Ufology is a bit like archaeology , it's only boring is your unwilling to dig , even some of the hoaxes can be interesting.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Maybe it's because there are no aliens visiting the earth.
Two billion phones with cameras and nothing.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The US election.

Ufology is a bit like archaeology , it's only boring is your unwilling to dig , even some of the hoaxes can be interesting.

i disagree
i love archeology

even the digging bit which can be long and monotonous

you know you will get something in the end, as we KNOW about old customs and civilisations,which is where the digs tend to be

ufology is more clutching at straws to be honest

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

exactly,
what sucks too is that supposed famous belgian triangle ufo which was everywhere credited as `the most credible ufo picture ever`

a few years back was admitted to being a hoax

lets be realistic

there is nothing tangible, nothing -

sorry, there really isnt, im not interested in mufon reports, or a youtube video of a dot of light. sorry

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Lol, I made a thread with similar thoughts in mind a couple of years ago...
So where is all the cellphone footage if we're visited so often?

...I want to believe

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The picture was a hoax but the incident that the picture was based on was real , the picture doesn't affect the veracity of the case.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

There is an ample supply of cell phone video to examine. The problem comes when the whole world needs to debunk what the witness knows to be anomalous. Too many hoaxes and too many wannabe experts converging on too few witnesses.

I think most serious witnesses just don't put it out there any longer.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
has anyone heard the famous case of the `virgin mary` appearing over churches in Egypt over several years, supposedly witnessed by millions?

if not

there is a documentary on it here

www.youtube.com...

www.egyptindependent.com...

there are many stories on it

i mention it because the alien conspiracy is it was actually an alien/ or a chalky white alien as they are called (the whites)

my arguement is - you telling me there was no colour cameras or tv stations willing to actually be there to shoot this on camera?

this is late 60s we are talking about, not the 1920s!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: Bluntone22

There is an ample supply of cell phone video to examine.

Strange how when a meteor or 'shooting star' goes over the UK then there is multiple pics from folk on Twitter and it 'trends' or whatever, but the UFO's are all lone posters.
Care to share some trending social media sighting of strangeness? I'd be very grateful, and hope you are not the type on ATS who says Do your own research!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess
has anyone heard the famous case of the `virgin mary` appearing over churches in Egypt

Sorry, I stopped there.
Religious folk are already predisposed toward believing unverifiable stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: PandaPrincess
has anyone heard the famous case of the `virgin mary` appearing over churches in Egypt

Sorry, I stopped there.
Religious folk are already predisposed toward believing unverifiable stuff.

to be honest i dont care wether you stopped there or not, i really dont

my point was how this was a paranormal event supposedly happening in front of millions many times over several years

and not one camera crew was there to film it!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Debunkers are still working over the Phoenix lights. If you type "mass UFO sighting" into your search you should come up with some interesting stuff. I see good cell phone video fairly often. I also check casebook and other sites that collect data. I've seen pretty interesting stuff right here.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: grainofsand

Debunkers are still working over the Phoenix lights. If you type "mass UFO sighting" into your search you should come up with some interesting stuff. I see good cell phone video fairly often. I also check casebook and other sites that collect data. I've seen pretty interesting stuff right here.

GOOD cellphone footage

something clearly showing a ufo, a around big ufo in the sky?
or a dot of blinking light

maybe a camera footage of a real alien walking around?

as i thought so, because `good` would define just that

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Oh we are in close agreement, the lack of film evidence is obviously an indicator it was BS.

...and I don't care whatever you care about either. Why bring issues of possible caring emotion into a discussion which requires no emotion?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join