It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorists Invited To Check Out HAARP. Any Takers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
As many of regular users of ATS know, HAARP has been a source of countless conspiracy theories including:

- A Russian military journal wrote that ionospheric testing would "trigger a cascade of electrons that could flip Earth's magnetic poles".
- The European Parliament and the Alaska state legislature held hearings about HAARP, the former citing "environmental concerns".
- Nick Begich Jr., the son of former U.S. Representative Nick Begich and brother of U.S. Senator Mark Begich, author of Angels Don't Play This
HAARP, has claimed that HAARP could trigger earthquakes and turn the upper atmosphere into a giant lens so that "the sky would literally appear
to burn", and maintains a website that claims HAARP is a mind control device.
- Former Governor of Minnesota and noted conspiracy theorist Jesse Ventura questioned whether the government is using the site to manipulate the
weather or to bombard people with mind-controlling radio waves. An Air Force spokeswoman said Ventura made an official request to visit the
research station but was rejected - "He and his crew showed up at HAARP anyway and were denied access".
- Physicist Bernard Eastlund claimed that HAARP includes technology based on his own patents that has the capability to modify weather and
neutralize satellites.
- It has been proposed as a cause of low frequency background hums said to be heard in various locales.

Well, it may be a little harder to support those claims now. On Saturday, the "secret weapon" will be holding an open house.

“We hope that people will be able to see the actual science of it,” a spokesperson from the University of Alaska, which now operates the facility, told Alaska Dispatch News. “We hope to show people that it is not capable of mind control and not capable of weather control and all the other things it’s been accused of.”

According to KTVF, the university expects both scientists and conspiracy theorists to show up at the event. With any luck, that will include former Minnesota governor and professional wrestler Jesse Ventura, who questioned whether HAARP was being used for mind control in 2009 after being turned away at the facility’s gates.

“This thing can knock planes out of the air,” said Ventura at the time. “It can control the weather. And it’s a very dangerous, dangerous weapon.”

Ventura and his ilk should find themselves more than welcome: According to the university, children of all ages are invited and refreshments will be provided.

So, any ATSers up for a field trip? I'd be interested to hear a first hand account of the open house. How much information will be presented? How much access will they give? I'm neutral on the HAARP conspiracies, but this is interesting to me.

Source: Gizmodo
edit on 25-8-2016 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Not likely! You turn up they either start tracking you or you are never seen again and become a FishmanMonkey or something.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks theyre getting actual access into HAARP is insane.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

is this the source you used?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Nope, but thanks for reminding me to add the source. Got it from Gizmodo.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Not likely! You turn up they either start tracking you or you are never seen again and become a FishmanMonkey or something.

Maybe that is the master plan. Gather all of the conspiracy theorists and wipe their minds? IT'S A TRAP!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Meh,

everyone knows CERN is the new thing to be concerned about in the conspiracy field

Opening portals to hell and changing timelines.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

No prob!

P.S. your avatar is freaking the hell out of me lol

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Why not the University of Alaska owns it now...unless your saying they are in on the conspiracy that never was?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Not to put any credibility to WIKI-anything...wasnt HAARP closed, moved...gone a couple years ago? Ive seen a few shows where theyve gone to Alaska, flown around and the place is empty.

c/o wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...

"In May 2014, the Air Force announced that the HAARP program would be shut down later in 2014.[3][11] While experiments ended in the summer of 2014, the complete shutdown and dismantling of the facility was postponed until at least May 2015.[12] In mid-August 2015 control of the facility and its equipment was given to the University of Alaska Fairbanks. The University plan to make the facilities available for researchers on a pay-per-use basis."

Of course...that doesnt necessarily mean......

edit on 25-8-2016 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm sure most of the good (mind-controlling) stuff is gutted.... they even added a petting zoo lol... that right there is a small form of mind control to show of no evil intent.

But anyway buy me plane ticket!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Anyone who thinkswe can control hurricanes with a radar stations is the ACTUAL insane person in this discussion.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

Maybe that is the master plan. Gather all of the conspiracy theorists and wipe their minds? IT'S A TRAP!

i know you are not being serious, but the thought that tptb give a tiny rats ass to conspiracy theorists makes me chuckle.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

i know you are not being serious, but the thought that tptb give a tiny rats ass to conspiracy theorists makes me chuckle.

Unless we are right....

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
All that listed by the OP has always been Bravo Sierra.
I got tired of arguing with people about it years ago.
If it was anything, it was just a waste of tax payers money.
The entire debacle was / is nothing more than the continuation of the divide and conquer strategy.
A lot of well known people lost all of there somewhat limited credibility with their absurd and ridicules accusations.

Buck

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Unless we are right....

But you're not.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The place isn't that big. You could see everything in an hour or so, with explanations.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I would totally go to check it out just so I can prove my brother an idjut, he swears it's a weather control machine and will not budge on it.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Anyone who thinkswe can control hurricanes with a radar stations is the ACTUAL insane person in this discussion.

Funny, never said that.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: bknapple32

Why not the University of Alaska owns it now...unless your saying they are in on the conspiracy that never was?

I just assume theres going to be ( at least) one door with a key entry and a big red light next to it. " Oh sorry, that section isnt on the tour"

Not hard to imagine if youve ever toured a govt facility

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join