It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Proof From South Africa Of Mandela's First Death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I've found that with certain "fringe" topics, it's helpful to look for multiple sources, and any well-respected science/technology publications that can back up the theory is always beneficial for communicating your message effectively. This also typically means it will be received better by your audience as well. Just some thoughts!

link   
Mandela mind melds by internet. Repeat something enough times people begin to get a glazed look....

They start repeating mantras in a sing song voice as they,

walk off cliffs and wander into traffic looking for Pokemans.

I beleeeve...

link   

link   

For Mandela to have died in jail, it would have had to have been before February 1990. I was in South Africa from 1986 to late 1990 working for the military with MI and CI against the ANC and foreign actors. If Mandela had of died in prison, I would have known and i would have stayed in South Africa.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/25.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I didn't say when it was published, the article I posted did.

But you did.. just above your quoted material from in5d, you said:

In one of their official publications from '91...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As if the argument for the Mandela Effect couldn't get any more ridiculous. Jumping on high school-grade literature to support their theories... I'm sorry, but that's pretty hilarious.

I can understand if the use of high school projects stem from a lapse of research, but those who want to present this theory as a serious one must ensure that their arguments are supported by adequate research and information.

At this rate, no one in their right mind would seriously consider the theory, especially when there are other arguments which are much more compelling, such as incorrect memories and misinterpretations.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Right - the text is based on the article.

I thought that was obvious. I should of stated it in a much simpler way.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would love to know the reason why people choose to believe the ME.
Ideas?.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: Agartha

Do the same search for "1991" in the book and you'll see several examples. The examples talk about events that have already taken place (you can look them up).

ETA: Added Agartha to reply list.

It's fiction, it's a fictional story written by a high school student. No proof of anything. See on my previous post what the editor told me on an email, you can ask him yourself.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Annoying people but they do explain why we remember things wrong.

www.wired.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The ME conversation has gone past faulty memory and common mistakes.

Yes it sure has.

This thread is a great example how ignorant the idea has become.

PROOF?

You know you can still change your thread title.

I am wondering if you are going address the facts brought up by others in this thread about this publication, you know, how its fictional and in a book of stories written by high schoolers?

Let me quote this again

The ME conversation has gone past faulty memory and common mistakes.

are you really that sure?

So this wasn't a mistake and you purposely tried to fool others or was it simply a lack of research and mistake you made?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Ideas?.

Because it's a fantastic, mind-blowing idea that people are desperate to believe in. Believers want it so badly to be true and that thwarts them from facing logical explanations. It stops them for thinking critically about it.

I love conspiracies. I research them a lot. It feels good to have outlandish ideas floating around my head. I researched the Mandala Effect pretty much and there isn't enough there by far. It's clear to me how these discrepancies happen.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Right - the text is based on the article. I thought that was obvious. I should of stated it in a much simpler way.

You didn't need to "state it in a simpler way", you just needed to clarify more.

It's good to use language like "according to the article", and distance yourself from the claims so that it doesn't appear that you are repeating the same claims (instead you are reporting on what another source is claiming).

See the difference?
It makes quite a difference.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Ideas?.

I don't think many do, they sort of go along if asked, maybe. The way people will tell you which religion they are with. Oh, I was raised Catholic, even though they don't practice.

They are campaigning this idea hoping it will stick and grow on you.

Just another Bermuda triangle, ancient alien, Hillary is winning, disinformation campaign.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: donktheclown

So this was a book, apparently written in 1990, that discusses Nelson Mandela dying more than a year later, in 1991? So the authors could see into the future, and incorrectly at that? Interesting premise.

OP, you are claiming this book was written in October of '91 but I can't seem to find that information anywhere. Everything seems to indicate this was written sometime in 1990, before the 1991 date it claims Mandela even died on.

From the google books link you posted, near the bottom of the page:

Publisher Western Cape Branch of the South African Council for English Education, 1990
(1990 - date of publication)

That gave me somewhat of an online orgasm.

Thanks FamCore. What's the charge ?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

eww.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Really...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This proof says otherwise...

www.mandela.gov.za...

Can we please stop with a coined phrase from a kook from 2010...she even knows the truth why can't you understand it?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Wait, George W. Bush was President? I distinctly remember AL Gore winning and within the first 4 years of his presidency solved global warming and global hunger.

In my time line Gore created a paradise for all the world's people and we abolished government.

Maybe there is something to this Mandela Effect.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No...I remember him when he got OUT of prison...and participated in the government for a few years after. Additionally he travel the world a bit and was well received in more than several countries.

And no...this was not a one time delusion..he was taped out of prison, a year later and more further...so...nonsense. His funeral was televised in 2013 I believe.

I question those who are too young to remember the reality of when things happen because they read some book or watch youtube...seriously...wow...

edit on 25-8-2016 by mysterioustranger because: wow

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join