It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary FINALLY responds to a hard question.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

She's starting to believe her own bull*#, that she is untouchable. the US is finished. If she gets the Prez job, more money for the MIC, more drugs from Afghanistan for their slush accounts, more wars,

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

So, the statements I've been making all along are true. Thanks for admitting that.

You want to focus on the NSA, that's fine. We could talk about the fact that each Administration adopts procedures for dealing with sensitive information, that these procedures are not set in stone, etc., but that is not and has not been any part of the contention I have been making.

Several posters here want to compare the different ways that military personnel who have mishandled classified information are treated compared with civil cases compared with Clinton. That is what my remarks were directed to.

You are the one that, instead, wants to talk about where the definitions, categories, etc. where rules of classification come from, which actually is from a series of Executive Orders (the latest being Executive Order 13526 issued by Barack Obama in 2009), NOT the NSA.

This has been pointed out to you so many times it's simply pathetic, at this point, that you keep making the same ludicrously ignorant arguments.

edit on 26-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Sublimecraft

She's starting to believe her own bull*#, that she is untouchable. the US is finished. If she gets the Prez job, more money for the MIC, more drugs from Afghanistan for their slush accounts, more wars,

Yes, unlike Mr. Trump, who innocently wonders exactly why we can't use more nuclear weapons.

I don't give a crap how arrogant Hillary is, at least she's not an utterly incompetent dumbass like Trump.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sorry folks... but for those of you who keep trying to compare a soldier being charged under UCMJ to a civilian being charged with the exact same thing are wasting your time.

Soldiers do not have the same rights as civilians and trying to compare the two has no merit what so ever.

As I have said repeatedly, when it comes to mishandling of classified information, there is not one set of rules for military and there is not one set of rules for civilians in the mishandling of classified information.

There are only one set of rules, and those rules and policies and requirements, et. al. are the exact same for EVERYBODY and they are mandated by NSA as per National Security Directive 42.

Done with this discussion.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"So, the statements I've been making all along are true"

Wrong... you made a false statement....go back and read your original statement:

"There are extraordinary differences between civilian and military laws, policies, requirements, et. al. in these matters.""

That is a false statement. No point in discussing it further, doesn't mean you win, I am afraid if I argue with an idiot much longer they will drag me down to their level and beat me with experience. You already got me two steps closer to your level just by trying to explain to you why what you said was wrong.

You won't listen so it is pointless to continue.
edit on R272016-08-26T14:27:37-05:00k278Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R282016-08-26T14:28:46-05:00k288Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R292016-08-26T14:29:06-05:00k298Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

So, the statements I've been making all along are true

Wrong... you lied....go back and read your original statement:

"There are extraordinary differences between civilian and military laws, policies, requirements, et. al. in these matters.""

That is a false statement.

You just admitted that the statements were true. Additionally, you just made a post confirming what I and others have been saying, and now, you want to try to make it seem like you aren't ... because ... you can't stop trying to disagree with patently obvious facts that don't fit your agenda.

You seem confused. Perhaps you should take that break you keep threatening to take?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Several posters here want to compare the different ways that military personnel who have mishandled classified information are treated compared with civil cases compared with Clinton. That is what my remarks were directed to.

I didn't want to butt in, but I did notice this seems to be the disconnect in your debate with Rick. Same rules, but different system of justice.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Same rules, but different system of justice.

Exactly... that is all I am trying to get them to see.... one set of rules for everybody.

Soldiers do not get charged with a military version of mishandling of classified information.
Civilians do not get charged with a civilain version of mishandling of classified information.

Everybody get charged with mishandling of classified information. How and why that classified information was mishandled is strictly governed by the rules and regulations set forth by NSA under National Security Directive 42.

Trying to compare UCMJ to civilian law is pointless....mainly due to the fact that military members do not have the same rights a civilian does in a regular court of law.
edit on R382016-08-26T14:38:20-05:00k388Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I didn't want to butt in, but I did notice this seems to be the disconnect in your debate with Rick. Same rules, but different system of justice.

Thanks MME, but honestly, there is no disconnect. Rick wants to argue from several false positions, the primary one being, that the NSA determines how to handle classified information. I've shown here and repeatedly that is incorrect.

As to the other, the only assertion I've made here is that military personnel and civilian personnel are subject to different sets of laws, rules, etc. Rick clearly admitted this above, while continuing these silly ad hominems calling me a liar, etc.

Thanks for trying to clarify though.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Trying to compare UCMJ to civilian law is pointless....mainly due to the fact that military members do not have the same rights a civilian does in a regular court of law.

Maybe I need to go back and reread...because it sounds like this is a point you two agree on.

Not that I want to mediate this debate.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Thanks MME, but honestly, there is no disconnect. Rick wants to argue from several false positions, the primary one being, that the NSA determines how to handle classified information. I've shown here and repeatedly that is incorrect.

As to the other, the only assertion I've made here is that military personnel and civilian personnel are subject to different sets of laws, rules, etc. Rick clearly admitted this above, while continuing these silly ad hominems calling me a liar, etc.

Thanks for trying to clarify though.

I must have not read throughly enough...

Butting out again.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No, I wouldn't want to mediate the "debate" either, because it's mostly me saying the same thing I've been saying for pages, with Rick first agreeing with me and then calling me a liar in the same paragraph.

As I said, I think Rick is confused.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

" Rick wants to argue from several false positions, the primary one being, that the NSA determines how to handle classified information. I've shown here and repeatedly that is incorrect. "

LOL LOL LOL really?

It is a false position that NSA determines how to handle classified information?

I introduce you to National Security Directive 42:

And I quote:

The Director, National Security Agency, is designated the National Manager for National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security and is responsible to the Secretary of Defense as Executive Agent for carrying out the foregoing responsibilities. In fulfilling these responsibilities the National Manager shall:

Specifically section d and i:

d. Review and approve all standards, techniques, systems, and equipment related to the security of national security systems;

PS: You might want to spend a couple of minutes and read through National Security Directive 42 and stop making your self look stupid.

fas.org...

For extra credit, go here:

www.nsa.gov...

The Information Assurance (IA) mission at the National Security Agency (NSA) serves a role unlike that of any other U.S. Government entity. National Security Directive (NSD) 42 authorizes NSA to secure National Security Systems, which includes systems that handle classified information or are otherwise critical to military or intelligence activities. IA has a pivotal leadership role in performing this responsibility, and partners with government, industry, and academia to execute the IA mission.

Your turn

edit on R512016-08-26T14:51:58-05:00k518Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R542016-08-26T14:54:18-05:00k548Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R572016-08-26T14:57:03-05:00k578Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm not the one who looks stupid, Rick.

A long string of Executive Orders, with 13526 being the latest, issued by Obama in 2009, sets the standards for classified material.

I've linked it to you in numerous threads. Stop while you have some semblance of respectability.

What is Executive Order 13526? Start there.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Okay. You really are either confused or lying.

Here is a PDF of "National Security Directive 42"

Issued by President Bush in 1990, it specifically addresses classification requirements for computer systems and electronic media.

Read it.

As far as your link to "fas.org" ... or the Federation of American Scientists ... do you think that's a government agency?

About FAS

The Federation of American Scientists (FAS) provides science-based analysis of and solutions to protect against catastrophic threats to national and international security. Specifically, FAS works to reduce the spread and number of nuclear weapons, prevent nuclear and radiological terrorism, promote high standards for nuclear energy’s safety and security, illuminate government secrecy practices, as well as prevent the use of biological and chemical weapons. FAS was founded as the Federation of Atomic Scientists in November 1945 (and was rebranded as the Federation of American Scientists in February 1946) by many of the Manhattan Project scientists who wanted to prevent nuclear war, and it is one of the longest serving organizations in the world dedicated to reducing nuclear and other catastrophic threats and informing the public debate by providing technically-based research and analysis on these issues.

Hoo boy. Do you just post the first thing that comes up on your Google search?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

A long string of Executive Orders, with 13526 being the latest, issued by Obama in 2009, sets the standards for classified material.

I've linked it to you in numerous threads. Stop while you have some semblance of respectability.

Nope.. The Executive Order determines what information may be classified.. thats it.

The National Security Directive 42 gives NSA the sole power to set forth the standards for the storage, safeguarding, and transmittal of classified information.

In other words for the learning impaired, the Executive Order sets forth guide lines on what information may be classified and why. Once that information has been determined to fall under the guidelines and is classified... its storage, transmittal, and safeguarding become the domain of the NSA... been like that for years.

You are severely confused.

Sorry... but the wording of the NSD 42 is not different because it is on FAS...same thing you will anywhere that has a copy of it... nice try though.
edit on R052016-08-26T15:05:21-05:00k058Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Nope.. The Executive Order determines what information may be classified.. thats it.

The National Security Directive 42 gives NSA the sole power to set forth the standards for the storage, safeguarding, and transmittal of classified information.

In other words for the learning impaired, the Executive Order sets forth guide lines on what information may be classified and why. Once that information has been determined to fall under the guidelines and is classified... its storage, transmittal, and safeguarding become the domain of the NSA... been like that for years.

Might want to read above, Ricky. Guess who issued National Security Directive 42?

That's right President Bush in 1990.

Stop while you're ahead.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Might want to read above, Ricky. Guess who issued National Security Directive 42?

Stop while you're ahead.

and we are talking in 2016..

The NSA has been writing the rules for the last 26 years at least just like I said..whats your point? You do realize there were other standards in place prior to 1990... the NSD just put NSA in charge of it all.

So once again I proclaim that the National Security Agency is the sole agency that issues the rules and regulations for all classified information, both military and civilian, despite your claim that there are different standards.
edit on R122016-08-26T15:12:19-05:00k128Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You're lying.

Again the text of Executive Order 13526.

Quoting from that.

First line:

This order prescribes a uniform system for classifying, safeguarding, and declassifying national security information, including information relating to defense against transnational terrorism.

Sec. 1.1. Classification Standards.

Sec. 1.2. Classification Levels. 

Sec. 1.3. Classification Authority.

Sec. 1.4. Classification Categories. 

Sec. 1.5. Duration of Classification. 

etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Stop while you're ahead.

and we are talking in 2016..

The NSA has been writing the rules for the last 26 years at least just like I said..whats your point? You do realize there were other standards in place prior to 1990... the NSD just put NSA in charge of it all.

But the NSA doesn't "write the rules" the President does. You know, the President that issued "National Security Directive 42" and "Executive Order 13526" etc.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join