It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary FINALLY responds to a hard question.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh, you're gonna love this. Get popcorn.

This is from an audio interview between Hillary Clinton & Anderson Cooper from CNN today. It goes for 10 minutes and I am not going to spoil it for anyone except for this humdinger from 6.13 to 7.49 in the video below.

Cooper asks Hills to explain herself in regards to the suggestion that then-Secretary of State Colin Powell advised her to use a private email account.

Here is Hillarys response.

Well, I have the utmost respect for Secretary Powell, and he was incredibly gracious and helpful after I was nominated and before I took the job and I appreciated the time he took when I was preparing to become Secretary and I value his advice.

I'm not going to re-litigate in public my private conversations with him. I've been asked [giggles] many many questions in the past year about emails and what I've learned is that when I try to explain what happened it can sound like I'm trying to excuse what I did and there are no excuses and I want people to know that the decision to have a single email account was mine, I take responsibility for it, I've apologized for it, I would certainly do differently if I could, but obviously I'm grateful the Justice Department concluded there was no basis to pursue this matter further and I believe the public will be and is considering my full record and experience as they consider their choice for President

This is what we can expect from the next POTUS???
Did you catch the zero #'s given Meh comment about doing a press conference right at the end??

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Does she think this a F*ing game, or what? Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
" I would certainly do differently if I could, but obviously I'm grateful the Justice Department concluded there was no basis to pursue this matter further"

-(pats Loretta lynch on the back)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Sounds to me like she is taking personal responsibility for the email fiasco and not pushing it off on to others.

Isn't that what we would want?

Or perhaps anything she could/would have said would of been a "humdinger" no matter what?

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sounds to me like she is taking personal responsibility for the email fiasco and not pushing it off on to others.

It's a 10 minute video, watch it all to get a feel of the entire 'flavor' of her attitude, you won't be disappointed.

Also, can you point out where she answered the question about what she said last week that Powell told her to use the private account because I sure as hell can't find it, and I've listened to it twice?? She deflected by taking general responsibility for it's use, nothing said about the allegation last week that Powell told her to use it.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

That is not the way Trump would have done it, so they are surprised. Trump would have blamed someone else!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Or perhaps anything she could/would have said would of been a "humdinger" no matter what?

It's a 10 minute video, watch it all to get a feel of the entire 'flavor' of her attitude, you won't be disappointed.

I was responding to the "humdinger" you highlighted in the OP. Wouldn't you say that it appears she took personal responsibility? Why do you call it a "humdinger"?

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Taking personal responsibility would be dropping from the race and being charged with the crimes she commited. FYI I hate Trump so this isn't some Hillary Bashing it's just me expressing the desire for HRC to be held accountable for her actions just like the rest of us would be.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sounds to me like she completely chose to avoid addressing what Colin Powell said...or didn't say to her.
In other words she ignored Cooper's question.

Sounds as if she figured it was okay to lie about Powell...until Powell chose to refute her statement.
edit on 25-8-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just as long as we confine the questions to Emails.

'Hard' questions?

Madame secretary, why did you laugh and quote Cesar when you heard Qaddafi was dead?

+55 more 
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

"Mrs. Clinton, is the sky blue?"

"The sky is a wonderful thing that holds the clouds and gives us sunshine. My opponent hates the sky and wishes that we would live in caves. As I've stated repeatedly, I don't agree with living in caves. Caves are dark and nasty places that have bears and spiders. I like bears and spiders and hope that everyone listening will join me in attempts to preserve bears and spiders, which my opponent hates."

+2 more 
link   
She has changed her position on every single issues to include illegal aliens. Her whole career all over the place.
I'm find with that, all politicians do it and so do I over time but attacking someone else for doing it when she herself lives by the same code is beyond being a hypocrite. Anderson knows this fact but says nothing.

+16 more 
link   
I saw this. It was so flippant and dismissive, especially in the face of the facts that prove the timing of her claims was totally wrong.

This is so typical of the Clintons - when they step in #, they just grab a handful and start throwing it around so no one is sure where the stink is coming from. This time they picked Colin Powell as a target, probably because he's so non-political and polite, they thought he wouldn't likely rebut her claim out of some sort of loyalty or affinity among former Secretaries of State. It's awesome that he wasn't having it.

Her comments to Cooper simply underscore her hubris and entitlement.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

Taking personal responsibility would be dropping from the race and being charged with the crimes she commited. FYI I hate Trump so this isn't some Hillary Bashing it's just me expressing the desire for HRC to be held accountable for her actions just like the rest of us would be.

That's incorrect. You or I would not be charged either.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why, oh why does she not want to do an actual press conference? Why just one on one interviews? What difference does it make?

The only difference I see is one has multiple people throwing unfiltered questions at her. The interviews are with one single person who has a prepared script as she can be prepared to answer.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

masterful deflection... she must have taken her meds today since she's on her game.

You do have to hand it to her, she's very talented at lying and deceiving.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Perfectly scripted and acted out.

CNN writers work well with the Campaign "suggestions committee".

Counts as 1/3 of a press conference !!!

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: introvert

noo she hasn`t, taking responsibility requires some type of action or paying some type of consequences,what has she done to take responsibility?
merely speaking the words " i take responsibility" is NOT taking responsibility.

+9 more 
link   

Cheesus Christ.

I could barely see Anderson behind the kid gloves he was wearing for this interview. The molly-coddling is real.

Compare this interview with Don Lemon's grilling of anybody that supports the Donald. Maybe if Anderson had taken off his glasses to show how serious he was about his questioning, some impact would have been gleaned.

My takeaway from this is the line of questioning, and the pursuit of real answers is as soft as Cooper's and Lemon's manhood.

CNN is a freaking joke.

+14 more 
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

That's incorrect. You or I would not be charged either.

You cant possibly really believe that can you?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join