It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.a times poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So I was just browsing RealClearPolitics for the latest polls and noticed they've removed the l.a times polling from the listing.

Now I'm just finding it a bit strange that the only Poll showing Trump was ahead is now not being displayed anymore on this website and every other time before today it was clearly displayed. Maybe I'm missing something here if not it just seems a bit "off" why they wouldn't include it anymore.
edit on 25-8-2016 by justneo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: justneo

they havent at all, have a look.
august 21st, august 13th are both showing, id imagine next will be august 28th.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Makes sense. Isn't the MSM the spawn of Satan? Lies, deception and such?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Are you talking "Operation Mockingbird" and the CIA involvement in the media since the 1950's?

or

were you trying to be funny, and I missed it? ATS does need a sarcasm fount

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

This thread is a lie.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I did say if I missed something which seems I did, however when I click what you showed me. It doesn't say trumps in the lead any more it says its a tie? Even though it says his up 2 points before you click on it.

Do polls usually change after the date the Poll has finished?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You are looking at a different thing than the OP. You are looking at the

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Latest Polls for the 21st.

If you look at this one on the same site...

The average shows they are tied for the 18th to the 21st.

The POLL is a lie.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You were very correct in pointing this out. It is showing how polls can be BS....

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I see you haven't been to LA Time's politics page where it also shows the race at a tie:
www.latimes.com...

I guess LA Times is lying about their own poll.

The average shows they are tied for the 18th to the 21st.

Learn to read. It says 18th - 24th.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Come on now...I know this poll. It is a rolling poll not a cumulative poll. It changes each day. So yes, today it is a 'tie' but actually a part of a pct to one candidate. Within margin of error also.

Fact is, the RCP polls were incorrect based on it's own data for the time frame.

Learn to read...Ok...hold on, let me go do that.....

edit on 08am31amf0000002016-08-25T09:25:13-05:000913 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They just got the wrong poll.

They stopped posting the results of the Rasmussen reports.

Ps. They did it the week the media did the big "Clinton is surging" meme. Rcp had been posting them like clockwork before that. You can go back in the history and see for yourselves.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: justneo

I did say if I missed something which seems I did, however when I click what you showed me. It doesn't say trumps in the lead any more it says its a tie? Even though it says his up 2 points before you click on it.

Do polls usually change after the date the Poll has finished?

Well the poll on realclearpolitics is from the 21st. The poll date on LA Times' website is for the 24th. Why would LA Times lie about their own polling?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Come on now...I know this poll. It is a rolling poll not a cumulative poll. It changes each day. So yes, today it is a 'tie' but actually a part of a pct to one candidate. Within margin of error also.

Fact is, the RCP polls were incorrect based on it's own data for the time frame.

Learn to read...Ok...hold on, let me go do that.....

Fact is that you cannot read. It says the average between the polls from 18th to 24th is a tie. The poll dated the 21st put Trump 2 points up. Hell this WHOLE point that you fail at comprehending is pushing the goal posts back on the original thread's premise which was that Trump wasn't being reported as 2 up on that poll on the 21st, which has been proven wrong.

The fact you are defending this travesty of a thread even after the OP has admitted his wrongness is so insane that I cannot even begin to understand it.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Furthermore, go read it youyrself. That is why I gave you the link. RCP shows averages of the polls that are presented on their site. Go look for a LA Times poll on this page from the 18th till today.

Since the 18th there is ONE poll represented. ONE. So, the average should show +2.

We are looking to two different things here and if a person was only checking on they would see them as tied. WTF do you not understand about that...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I see you still haven't clicked on that LA Times politics page that also puts the race at a tie.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

No one apologized. He asked a question because you accused him of being wrong and he was right. Travesty? Of what. You farked up and did not read it correctly wanting to smash Trump. All I did was point out to the OP what RCP has in 2 different places as well as the rolling poll at the LA Times.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Whatever. This thread is dumb. I'm tired of lowering my intelligence arguing with you. Enjoy your snipe hunt.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

www.latimes.com...

It is right here. It shows Trump ahead. I already mentioned it in another post but again, you must not be able to read it all. Just what you want to.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The LA Times poll is different than most. It's not random from what I read on their site. They pick a few thousands voters I believe and keep those same ones the whole election is how I understand it. Nothing wrong with that method, it may even prove to be very accurate. I know many of the left leaning polls proved to be off by a larger margin in 2012. Also in 2012 internet polling was more accurate than anything else.

The polls overall though will likely be way off this year. For one, phone polling is down by 5% and only .09% of people even pick up. Then a lot of people will be voting who never vote. Nobody really knows that curve ball or if voter fraud will uptick. These two elements are not on the polling radar but have the potential to really shake things up. I imagine in the next election they won't even be using phone polls. Waste of time and the data is getting less accurate.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
One thing I have been hearing from some people is they answer the phone polls and give wrong information on purpose just to add their own wrench to the system. I have not been called but I would do the same thing. If you hate the media like me it's one way to put some real egg on their face if it starts catching on. I would love to see those segments of them trying to understand what happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join