It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Carlos Curbelo: Trump Not Trying to Beat Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Trump admits to getting most of his info from the internet, which likely means Breitbart, PrisonPlanet and the like. He's been on the air with Alex Jones, and hired the editor of Breitbart to run his campaign. Unless you think that's smart, he's demonstrating his lack of intelligence right there. He's easily influenced by whoever's he's talking with, (just ask V. Putin). And, since he only seems to speak with those of a certain mind-set, receiving only one variety of 'news', (ultra-right wing propaganda), his positions are basically determined by his advisers, who clearly have an agenda. Perhaps his persona of being a completely out-of-touch, racist old man is just part of his charade of a campaign. I don't know. I'll have to check in with Breitbart to see what they think.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's obvious Trump doesn't want to win or has no idea how to win. Either way, he's a big loser. What Trump has been doing all along was rebranding his name. This has all been about him and increasing his wealth. When he loses in November don't be surprised to see him in business with right wing media nut jobs promoting a new Fox News type channel.

In any case, I almost feel bad for Trump supporters. Almost.

"Winning" means "work." He's stirred up a crowd into a foaming rage and he KNOWS he can't deliver on his "promises" and after his briefing, he KNOWS he's out of his depth.

He's trying, in my opinion, to 1) save face by claiming "crooked Hillary" beat him unfairly due to a "rigged" system,

2) to keep the mob from turning on HIM when they realize he's full of crap and / or

3) he's realized the REAL money will be in stirring the pot via lucrative speaking fees and television deals where he gets to spout off his mouth and not actually have to DO anything...

OR he's just diddling around until Assange chooses to display whatever documents he's cleverly held onto for maximum impact, assuming he actually has anything, and relying on her being taken out of his way through some sort of legal default.

In any case, his lack of strategy and impulsive scatter-shot oddness should be a bit worrying to all those who want to see a well-managed country.

edit on 25-8-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not that polls mean a lot right now but Trump is gaining ground again in the polls and he still has not done a lot of advertising and whatnot. Hillary's corruption/lack of common sense is doing her in. All the money spent and biased media helping Clinton is only barely keeping her ahead.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Honestly, the way in which our presidents lose approval from the populace whenever anything goes wrong, I don't agree with you. I think he has way more to gain by this uuuge publicity stunt, followed by business as usual. Imagine the work that goes along with the presidency.. no time to focus on any of his money-making ventures. If it's any consolation, I think he was put up to it by the shadow govt.. perhaps he even thought he was running on his own volition, doing what was best for the country.. who knows?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Trump already has the nomination. Yet he still is holding huge rallies, and assisting Louisiana when none of the other "leaders" will.

Doesn't look like he's throwing it to me.

Sounds more like GOP establishment trying to sabotage Trump.

Even more reason to support him. Dems don't want him, GOP establishment doesn't want him... times are changing!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So what if the real plan is:

They plan to let Hillary run for office as long as possible, until it's so close to the election and she gets buried by scandals and has to drop out.

OR

If the scandals don't stick she'll have to drop out for health reasons.

Not enough time to mount another Democratic Campaign.

Election postponed.

Obama stays in office.

Keeps Trump out of office.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
He goes to red states because this is the Trump Show and that's where his fans are.

He's only interested in packing an auditorium because he thinks packed seats indicate how popular he is . A sure sign according to him that he's going to win..
There's a reason he doesn't rally in black neighborhoods. The seats would be empty and anyone who did show up wouldn't be a fan.
The audience wouldn't be the happy cheering he loves so much.

He's going to lose.

To a girl. We know what that's doing to him.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Apparently it's normal if a candidate has written a book that the book is gifted to convention attendees.
As long as the author doesn't receive royalties. But he purchased these retail so he will get the royalties.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is an absurd tactic. Who the hell thought it up?

Its been a two pronged attack.

Say he is behind when he is not.
Say he doesnt want to win.

My response :The silent majority tuned out long ago. Its wasted millions on a flawed tactic.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I believe Trump is doing exactly what many GOP candidates have done in in these elections. They use a run for the White House as a way to build-up their "brand" knowing full well that they are not going to win, but they capitalize off of the exposure to sell books, speaking engagements and paid spots in the media, such as Fox News.

For an example, look at Huckabee or Santorum.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

$55,000.00

That's how much the books were. He should have purchased these wholesale to avoid the royalties kick back.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I believe Trump is doing exactly what many GOP candidates have done in in these elections. They use a run for the White House as a way to build-up their "brand" knowing full well that they are not going to win, but they capitalize off of the exposure to sell books, speaking engagements and paid spots in the media, such as Fox News.

For an example, look at Huckabee or Santorum.

Huckabee had his own show on fox. That's why he's on there a lot.

Where does Santorum hang out?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

$55,000.00

That's how much the books were. He should have purchased these wholesale to avoid the royalties kick back.

How many books? What do you think he would have made off of them?

I say, $3k. Now prove he got the royalties.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Alright alright he's not trying to lose on purpose.
It's happening all on its own because Hillary is the superior candidate.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21168094]jjkenobi[/post

There are no Hillary health issues. Breitbart (BB) and PrisonPlanet (PP) are lying to you, which is what they do. If you don't believe that the MSM is telling you the truth, why do you accept anything BB or PP tell you? If media lies, and BB and PP are part of the media, they lie too. They all lie, for their own reasons. BB and PP are almost universally recognized as right-wing propaganda spreaders. Neither of those 'news' organizations have much credibility at all, except among themselves, (maybe that's a badge of 'honor', in your eyes?). Do you think that's because the whole world, except BB and PP, are in on some massive conspiracy to delude us? That seems unlikely. Left-wing news sources produce left-wing stories to benefit their left-wing benefactors. Right-wing news source produce right-wing stories to benefit their right-wing benefactors. But, it's a free country, and you can think what you want. If you're waiting for some November bomb-shell re: Hillary's health though, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed, just like you'll be when the election results roll in.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I can't prove he got paid royalties. I don't know how many books. The story is he bought them at Barnes and Nobel If he buys them retail he gets paid just like if you or I went in and bought them.
Do you have to argue every little thing burgerbuddy?

No detail is too petty to get picked apart huh?

I don't happen to think he's throwing the election.
I think he's losing the election.
Big difference.
edit on 8252016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think he started out not seriously thinking he could win, but after he did so well on super Tuesdays, he began to believe that maybe he could.

But now, he seems to have forgotten that "you can't please all of the people, all of the time" as far as his supporters, and that's what he's trying to do. He's telling each group what they want to hear, with no substance to back any of it up, and people can see that.

I've noticed too lately, any time anybody says anything negative about him, he fires back with the same accusations which is funny really, it's so childish.

"Trump is emotionally unfit"
"NO, Clinton is emotionally unfit! She's unstable!"
And the last couple of days "Trump is a racist and a bigot", then yesterday, all day, he was saying "CLINTON is a BIGOT".
It's like, insults are his last defense.

It's amusing to watch, but gets frustrating after a while when his supporters refuse to demand any depth or substance from him. They just let him slide, and slide, and...

I mean, his policies are "To Be Announced" ?????

I guess they depend on which group he's talking to.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
What an absolute load of bullplop.

Why would Trump ruin his reputation by running a fake candidacy?
Why would Trump waste all his money and his time on a fake candidacy?

If Trump was a Clinton stooge, why does he keep hammering home how corrupt she is? why does he point out her lies, the media manipulation, the Clinton Foundation?

His reputation will be fine. Most people will never admit his candidacy was a sham planned by him & the Clintons.

He loaned his campaign money and so he will not waste any of it.

Sure he calls her crooked and corrupt, but he does it in such a way that it's him that looks bad. He doesn't offer any substantive evidence. He just throws out what seems like 'wild' accusations.

...And then he follows it all up with gaffes that actually distract from Hillary's corruption and ethical problems...all week, every week.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Not that polls mean a lot right now but Trump is gaining ground again in the polls and he still has not done a lot of advertising and whatnot. Hillary's corruption/lack of common sense is doing her in. All the money spent and biased media helping Clinton is only barely keeping her ahead.

What polls show him gaining ground.? LOL..

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Assisting louisana ? When the other leaders wouldn't? WTF are you talking about?
FEMA was there while the rain was still falling. The govt sent aid immediately. Well run well organized help.
Trump disrupted rescue efforts for a freaking photo OP. He was asked NOT to come. The spoils child had to do it anyway.
Everybody knows it and holds it against him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join