It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey and US unite to oust Isis and curb Kurds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

In a pointed concession to Turkey, Joe Biden demanded that Kurdish forces, who had been a central US proxy in the battle against the terrorist group, “move back across the Euphrates river”, to the east of Jarablus. The US vice-president also said that the Kurds, who have won a series of recent battles against Isis, would be abandoned if they advanced. US jets gave cover to the Turkish push, one of the first times in the war that the two allies have conducted a joint operation

Turkey and US unite to oust Isis and curb Kurds

Looks like we're feeling the heat from one of our NATO allies distancing themselves from us. Flipping side on our troops used in our proxy war. How will the Kurds trust us now.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It's not like Obama interfered with Israel's election or the exit of Britain from the European Union.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

He says sarcastically and I love it. Kind of ironic Russia has been supposedly interfering with our election in light of these developments.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Turkish armor supported by US air support invade Syria.

Saying Turkey and US "united" to cross the border is disingenuous. Turkey and US are both member states of NATO.

Headline should read:

NATO Invades Syria
edit on 25-8-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, because we have been conducting missions in Syria for some time. Training and air strikes. We have been backing the Kurds for a few years now. I think the headline is accurate seeing as we just backstabbed the tip of our proxy spear. Though what you said isn't wrong it wasn't right either.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Wow so we stick it to the Kurds again...

It astonishes me that they still give us any benefit of the doubt...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

God forbid we support an ethnic group in the Middle East that doesn't rally around religion (America is guilty of rallying around that as well). And yes, Kurds deserve more than the benefit of a doubt. If Isreal is a thing Kurdistan should be one. And it shouldn't be us who decides. No wounder no one trusts the US right now.
edit on 25-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree... we should have given the Iraqi govt 1 shot to straighten up and then moved on to supporting the only group that seems organized, willing to fight for what they feel is right... and over all seem willing to let people that think/worship differently in areas they control. (yes there are exceptions, in every area)

but what do I know..

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

We have no place meddling or determining how the region should be governered. How can we tell other countries the correct way to run a "democracy" when ours is a circus and an oligarchy.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I am an odd thinker Ill admit... I was outraged when we didn't assist Afghanistan when the soviets pulled out, even though we didn't start that problem we were a piece of the puzzle that broke that country.

Out of the groups in Iraq the Kurds seemed to be the only ones willing to work with their neighbors to stabilize things, and since we are responsible for breaking their country we should work with those that seem to want to help fix their region.

Those Jack holes in Baghdad are more concerned about personal power and prestige than rebuilding their country, also at this point Kurdistan is going to happen, better if we work with the countries in the area to find a peaceful way to have it happen versus the Kurdish people finally saying screw it with one voice and true war breaks out.

top topics

join