It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help identifying equipment assumed to be for power distribution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'd snip my pants if i were the guy getting my mail at that box when it purges! 😆

Or if the breakers open under load. Not quite as impressive as this, but...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Prey standard substation around here due to the large number of solar farms. They'll place transformers underneath at some point probably 4 of them by the size. I'll try to post some pics of them if I get a chance.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
It looks like circuit breakers being used in a novel way. There seems to be a dirt track or lane almost underneath, so they'd hardly build a substation there.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
it's a fuse holder with lightning protect
edit on 25-8-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Looks like a future junction point and maybe a future step up voltage substation,
right now it only has the structure and breakers on the line, maybe 220Kv. or lower

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Could also be a future grid-level flow battery home. The surge protectors would work two ways--going in and coming out hence the ground fault (looks like) loops.

If you have ever seen a ground fault loop blow on a power line then you know why they are there! Man, thought a nuclear explosion happened as it lit the inside of my apartment. And I was kind of bummed when I did not bother to check to see if I could see my skeleton (lol)!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join