It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

smokestack on the moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
some beleive that this picture is a smoke stack on the moon which is over a mile high, and that there is a subterranean city on the moon. what do you think?

it is the black dot on the bottom left of the picture

shadowboxent.brinkster.net...

[edit on 20-1-2005 by waltzonthesun]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think the picture is inconclusive. how do you make the leap to smokestack and underground city ?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
ummm thats a stretch. all i see is a black dot. also, it appears to be shot at low height. a mile is pretty tall. to put it in perpective, a mile is a bout 5 empire state buildings end on end. thats a black dot......

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It is kinda hard to tell what that is as the picture is taken from too far away.

What has a smokestack got to do with a subterranean city anyway?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I prefer Richard Hoagland's glass towers and structures theory compared to a dot being a smokestack theory.

but why a smokestack? wouldn't we have noticed smoke coming from moon?

maybe it's an ancient lighthouse or a lookout tower? Or a telephone pole?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In order to have a smoke stack, one must have smoke. In order to have smoke, one must have fire. in order to have fire, one must have oxygen. In order to have oxygen, one must have an atmosphere.

Now ask yourself...does the moon have an atmosphere and you'll get the answer to " Are there smokestacks on the moon?"

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Who knows what they could be, hoaxes, or real.

This is supposed to be a base on the moon?

[edit on 20/1/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
ok so we can't rule out the fact they might be hoaxe. and i dont think it would ne hard to fake stuff like that on the moon... i mean... about the "lack off" atmosphere and the flag was waving on the moon when the americans stuck a flag on it.. i think kinda say alot for hoaxes.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Saw this pic series a year or two back. If you watch carefully as the camera advances on the "smokestack" there is, what appears to be, a "puff" of smoke that shoots out of the top of it. That would begin about the 4th frame/blink into the series.

Inconclusive. It's something ... But what? As my 6 year old grandson says, "I dunno"....

edited after counting frames in....

[edit on 20-1-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by carbon_black
ok so we can't rule out the fact they might be hoaxe. and i dont think it would ne hard to fake stuff like that on the moon... i mean... about the "lack off" atmosphere and the flag was waving on the moon when the americans stuck a flag on it.. i think kinda say alot for hoaxes.

Sooooo, you saw the flag blowin in the wind on the moon huh?..are you sure you didnt see the flag on a pole in a place wheres theres little gravity? because then it would stand up like its blowing....but im sure you didnt see the flag "blowing"

BTW--- theres is NO atmosphere on the moon.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
there is something coming out of whatever that is though.
good eyes Sigung

and who says it is smoke from a fire?
who is also to say it has not been added to the frames?

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Tahlen]

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Tahlen]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Sooooo, you saw the flag blowin in the wind on the moon huh?..are you sure you didnt see the flag on a pole in a place wheres theres little gravity? because then it would stand up like its blowing....but im sure you didnt see the flag "blowing"

I beleive a horizontal crossbar was used through the horizontal seem of the flag, this was brushed by one of the astronauts causing the horizontal aluminium crossbar to vibrate, much like a tuning fork and making the flag appear to blow. Funniest thing is it fell over when they took off !

I think for moon hoax conpiracy beleivers the best evidence would be current shots of gear left behind on the moon, flag, vehical etc.
Could be no arguing with that.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Who knows what they could be, hoaxes, or real.

[edit on 20/1/2005 by Sauron]

That one pic with square base is real it comes off navy's clemintime sattelite imaging systems, and its obviously a made structure or what u would call a "base"
heres real site:
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
put in -2 Latitude: then 311 Longitude:
then 1 kilometer, boo!

and yes its mostly under. go look up gravity anomilies on moon, or missing material under surface as nasa says.
Or ask any nasa person why moons density is so light.
it would float in water like a hollow ball !

all facts.....

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

[edit on 21-1-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I will have to agree with Worldwatcher. there are many coverups and things going on , on our moon. From Hoaglands glass towers, to astronauts reports, there is something there, or at least was. Hopefully we will learn more as time goes by, and maybe from the new ESA photos.
Arthur C Clarke had some insight.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I couldn't see anything but a black dot as well.
Just a thought, if the technology is there to build an underground
city on the moon, I would think that the good old smokestack would be
obsolete.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I prefer Richard Hoagland's glass towers and structures theory compared to a dot being a smokestack theory.

but why a smokestack? wouldn't we have noticed smoke coming from moon?

maybe it's an ancient lighthouse or a lookout tower? Or a telephone pole?

Wasn't Richard C. Hoaglund's theories completely full of loopholes, and practically scientifically nonsense? I've seen be debunking on a few sites.

www.badastronomy.com...

That I have on hand bookmarked. If you read his site enterprisemisson, he makes wild claims and claims people are out to discredit him for no apparent reason.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
You have to have a really good imagination to turn that black speck into a smokestack on the Moon!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Scientist have found that some planets and moons and asteroids (if not all) give off dust particle streams and some gasses. Not too much has been studied apparently on any of the planets close to us in relation to us as they only noticed when exploring the more distant planets. Long shot but a plausible explanation.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Wow, this clementine photo is very astonishing. Looks definitively a lunar base. What really say nasa about that ?
Thanks for bringing it here

Another evidence...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

If you alter the contrast of this image you can clearly see the undulations of the surface of the moon within the square area that is supposed to be a 'base'.

This would lead me to suspect that this is no more than an image artefact.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join