It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it Jesus's wedding?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

And they probably were not talking about who wears the fisherman's ring. I'll stop there, otherwise i'll be into measurements.

maybe that is what the ring is for?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There is a quote in the bible where at the wedding in caanan the mother of Jesus says to one of the servants "and you will serve my son as you would serve me"...for the mother of a poor carpentar whos she to be giving order to the servants...

She gives the orders because the wedding is of her son...Where reportedly by the ancient measurments they drink over 600 litres of wine:w:

This was the wedding between him and the magdala..the joining of the houses of David and Benjamin..a strategic alliance sufficiently strong enogh to threaten the roman occupation of Judea

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
There is a quote in the bible where at the wedding in caanan the mother of Jesus says to one of the servants "and you will serve my son as you would serve me"...for the mother of a poor carpentar whos she to be giving order to the servants...

A carpenter in Roman occupied Israel, would not have been poor. Carpenters were craftsmen, they owned tools, they were fairly wealthy by the standards of the day.

Nonetheless, I agree with your basic point which is that Mary, Mother of Jesus, wouldn't have been giving orders at someone else's wedding.

I'm still not sure why this thread got moved out of the religious conspiracy forum on ATS... seems like the biggest conspiracy ever has been the distortion of the true history of Jesus's life.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolfmaybe that is what the ring is for?
Please don't ever write anything like this again...

before warning me

to not have a glass to my lips while reading same.

Puts a whole new meaning on a size 7.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

To prevent any similar deception, it is said, every newly elected pope has his genitals felt by the electing cardinals, groping through a hole in a ceremonial porphyry chair.

and people wonder about priests and little boys. maybe they are just practicing
to be cardinals?

The confirmation of gender procedure that I had read only required that some of the cardinals approached the specially made chair, which was set on an elevated platform, and make a visual check to see that there was in fact proof of the pontiff's gender visible through the aperture which was specifically cut into the seat for that purpose. I haven't read that a tactile confirmation was also performed. As for the abuse of authority that has too often been discovered regarding the children entrusted to the care of some adult church leaders, my view is that the forced celibacy is a major contributing factor. Voluntary celibacy is one thing, but forced adherence to abstinence is bound to cause problems with some people who may not be totally willingly celibate.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I am sure I am not alone in wondering how, where, and when you saw her arm, and how you knew it was her arm if that was all you saw. My view that she may have been black was not so much a guess as a conclusion based on my studies. I really don't care what her skin tone was, it makes no difference to me, I just like to learn as much as I can about things that interest me, and her relationship with Yehoshua is one of those things.

How do I know it is her arm? Well, have I sat around since the time of her death and watched her arm to make sure someone did not switch it? No.
At some point evidence must have an effect on you? You are claiming Jesus was married! How do you know that? Please, do not be so contrary as to put me under some extreme burden of proof, while you can dance around in fantasy. Saying she was black, how could you think this? Not that being black is a problem, many saints are black, but I do not call them Chinese, off the top of my head.

THE FACTS:
It is an arm. It appears, to be the arm of a woman. It is uncorrupted, it is body temperature. It casts out demons and heals people. I am one of those people, there are many more. It smells very nice, which is odd for dead things. The Orthodox Church claims that it is her arm. They have documentation, going back hundreds of years.

A Bit of reason: We know it is very old. We know this is not normal. We know it must be someone’s arm, right? When you come close to her arm, something wonderful happens to your heart, you feel incredible amounts of love, and peace. Like you never felt before. The first time they placed her relics upon me I did not know who or what it was, but the demons which possessed me sure did, they cried out her name, she is a Holy Woman of God. I would gladly die to protect her honor. Whereas others seem hell bent on disrespecting persons they have never met.

I have all of that and more, which is far greater then a fictional book, the Da Vinci Code and maybe a couple of others. The Da Vinci Code, is full of lies, and a writing of one man.

So, if was not her Holy arm, who's was it? It has to be somebodies? Yes, is true at some point you have to just belive, but I think I have given some good reasons to belive. Don't you? You would have to have some good reasons not to belive, do you have those reasons?

Something like, you saw her last week and she is fine, or the romans wrote she was burned to a crisp, or eaten by loins. You know, something like that, to be contrary to the claim, some facts. Got facts?

On the Da Vinci code and location of her arm.
www.stpaulsirvine.org...

Course you do have to remember that thr RCC from its inception did everthing in is power to remove anything feminine from its beliefs. The "Holy Mother" isnt relative as she is of relative late model inclusion and was incerted as the RCC answer to Magdalene worship.

wolf?????
I would suggest, you check out things you read, before making these things public. What you wrote is so wrong, it is unbelievable? You might as well say the moon is made of green cheese. I am sorry to be so hard on you but your mean spirited and false claims cannot sit, without contest.

Lastly Wolf you never give any support for you claims. Why in the world should I belive anything you ever say? You must support your claims with something. Yes, I went to the link you posted, and found nothing to referance, your claims.

Here is my supported refute to your claims:
1) the Mother of God is a late modeled idea.
2) the Chruch does not honor women

THE BIBLE:

The Bible lifts women up to a height that is above human. Mary is becomes the Mother of the Lord.
Luke 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
St. Mary Magdalene is called the Apostle to the Apostles, as she told the men of the risen Christ, what an honor. She is the one who was given the honor of telling Cesar about the risen Christ, and the crime of Pilate, whom Casar had punished.
Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Matthew 28:7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
Matthew 28:10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

Now look at this verse, notice how the Lord says "born of women" not sons of men. He gives honor to the mothers of good children.
Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Here is a small story of St. Mary Magdalenes Life.
www.roca.org...

Services of the Chruch:

THE AKATHIST HYMN is one of the most well-loved services of devotion in the Orthodox Church. Akathist was composed in the imperial city of Constantinople, "the city of the Virgin," by St. Romanos the Melodist, who reposed in the year 556.

(excerpt)
Priest: An archangel was sent from Heaven to say to the Theotokos: Rejoice! And beholding Thee, O Lord, taking bodily form, he was amazed and with his bodiless voice he stood crying to Her such things as these:

Rejoice, Thou through whom joy will shine forth:
Rejoice, Thou through whom the curse will cease!
Rejoice, recall of fallen Adam:
Rejoice, redemption of the tears of Eve!
Rejoice, height inaccessible to human thoughts:
Rejoice, depth undiscernible even for the eyes of angels!
Rejoice, for Thou art the throne of the King:
Rejoice, for Thou bearest Him Who beareth all!
Rejoice, womb of the Divine Incarnation!
Rejoice, Thou through whom creation is renewed:
Rejoice, Thou through whom we worship the Creator!
Rejoice, O Bride Unwedded!

Kontakion 2

Priest: Seeing herself to be chaste, the holy one said boldly to Gabriel: The marvel of thy speech is difficult for my soul to accept. How canst thou speak of a birth from a seedless conception? And She cried: Alleluia!

The Holy Fathers of the Chruch:

ST. JOHN CHRYOSOTOM, 300 a.d.
COMMENTARY ON THE EPISTLE OF ST.PAUL TO THE ROMANS
HOMILY XXXI, ROM XVI. 5

(Romans 16:6 Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us.)

Vet. 6. "Greet Mary, who bestowed much labor on us."
How is this? a woman again is honored and proclaimed victorious! Again are we men put to shame. Or rather, we are not put to shame only, but have even an honor conferred upon us. For an honor we have, in that there are such women amongst us, but we are put to shame, in that we men are left so far behind by them. But if we come to know whence it comes, that they are so adorned, we too shall speedily overtake them. Whence then is their adorning? Let both men and women listen. It is not from bracelets, or from necklaces, nor from their eunuchs either, and their maid-servants, and gold-broidered dresses, but from their toils in behalf of the truth.

THE EPISTLE OF IGNATIUS TO ST. JOHN THE APOSTLE a.d.
Born in Syria, around the year 25; died at Rome between 98 and 117

Ignatius, and the brethren who are with him, John the holy presbyter.
…. There are also many of our women here, who are desirous to see Mary [the mother] of Jesus, and wish day by day to run off from us to you, that they may meet with her, ... But, as we are informed by those who are worthy of credit, there is in Mary the mother of Jesus an angelic purity of nature allied with the nature of humanity.(3) And such reports as these have greatly excited our emotions, and urge us eagerly to desire a sight of this (if it be lawful so to speak) heavenly prodigy and most sacred marvel. But do thou in haste comply with this our desire; and fare thou well. Amen.

A SECOND EPISTLE OF IGNATIUS TO ST. JOHN. 90 a.d.
His friend(1) Ignatius to John the holy presbyter.
IF thou wilt give me leave, I desire to go up to Jerusalem, and see the faithful(2) saints who are there, especially Mary the mother, whom they report to be an object of admiration and of affection to all. For who would not rejoice to behold and to address her who bore the true God from hers own womb, provided he is a friend of our faith and religion?....

THE BOOK OF JOHN CONCERNING THE FALLING ASLEEP OF MARY 95 a.d.
THE ACCOUNT OF ST. JOHN THE THEOLOGIAN(1) OF THE FALLING ASLEEP OF THE HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.
….And after all these wonderful things had come to pass through the mother of God, and ever-virgin Mary the mother of the Lord, while we the apostles were with her in Jerusalem, the Holy Spirit said to us: You know that on the Lord's day the good news was brought to the Virgin Mary by the archangel Gabriel; and on the Lord's day the Saviour was born in Bethlehem; and on the Lord's day the children of Jerusalem came forth with palm branches to meet him, saying, Hosanna in the highest, blessed is(1) He that cometh in the name of the Lord;(2)…..

THEODORET OF CYRUS:
Bishop of Cyrus and theologian, born at Antioch in Syria about 393; died about 457

CLI. Letter or address of Theodoret to the monks of the Euphratensian, the Osrhoene, Syria, Phoenicia, and Cilicia.

And I call the holy Virgin "Mother of God"(4) because she has given birth to the Emmanuel, which means "God with us."(1) But the prophet who predicted the Emmanuel a little further on has written of him that "Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulders; and his name is called Angel of great counsel, wonderful, counsellor, mighty God, powerful, Prince of peace, Father of the age to come."(2) Now if the babe born of the Virgin is styled "Mighty God," then it is only with reason that the mother is called "Mother of God." For the mother shares the honour of her offspring, and the Virgin is both mother of the Lord Christ as man, and again is His servant as Lord and Creator and God.

SECOND ECUMENICAL COUNCIL: 379 a.d.
VI.
IF anyone shall not call in a true acceptation, but only in a false acceptation, the holy, glorious, and ever-virgin Mary, the Mother of God, or shall call her so only in a relative sense, believing that she bare only a simple man and that God the word was not incarnate of her, but that the incarnation of God the Word resulted only from the fact that he united himself to that man who was born [of her];(1) if he shall calumniate the Holy Synod of Chalcedon as though it had asserted the Virgin to be Mother of God according to the impious sense of Theodore; or if anyone shall call her the mother of a man anqrwpoto'kon or the Mother of Christ (Chrisristo'tokon), as if Christ were not God, and shall not confess that she is exactly and truly the Mother of God, because that God the Word who before all ages was begotten of the Father was in these last days made flesh and born of her, and if anyone shall not confess that in this sense the holy Synod of Chalcedon acknowledged her to be the Mother of God: let him be anathema.

So I will let you read the words of the Holy Fathers:

O intolerable tongue! O the depravity of the man! O that high hand he lifted up against his Creator! For the wretched man who had promised to know the Scriptures, had no recollection of the words of the Prophet Hosea, "Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: they are become famous because they were impious as touching me; they spake iniquities against me, and when they had thought them out, they spake the violent things against me. Therefore shall they fall in the snare by reason of the wickedness of their own tongues. Their contempt shall turn into their own bosom: because they have transgressed my covenant and have acted impiously against my laws."

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
There is a quote in the bible where at the wedding in caanan the mother of Jesus says to one of the servants "and you will serve my son as you would serve me"...

Please give the reference in the Bible, because I have no recollection of this being said and I have read the gospels many times.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join