It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer surpasses heart disease as the leading cause of death in 21 US states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Cancer has surpassed heart disease as the leading cause of death in California and 21 other states, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That total is in stark contrast to the situation at the start of this century, when only two states — Alaska and Minnesota — lost more people to cancer than heart disease.

And it’s a huge departure from the situation in the 1950s, when the number of heart disease deaths was 2½ times bigger than the number of cancer fatalities.

Nationwide, heart disease still edges out cancer as the top killer of Americans. In 2014, 614,348 U.S. residents died of heart disease, compared with 591,699 who succumbed to cancer, according to the CDC tally of death certificates from the 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Source

For those who think the Fukushima disaster isn't relevant for Americans, this should be a wake-up call. The thread linked to below is also a relevant issue.

Fukushima in New York? This Nuclear Plant Has Regulators Nervous.

My prediction is that cancers will become increasingly common due to the effects of the Fukushima disaster and other problems with the nuclear industry. I wish proponents of the nuclear industry would offer another theory as to why cancer rates are increasing so fast (if they're going to claim that it's not a result of the nuclear industry).
edit on 24-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Both closely followed by meds

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I was talking to a cancer researcher the other day and I mentioned that I thought the incidence of cancer is much higher than it used to be. To her it was not blaringly obvious; nor did she think that was even the case. I was surprised at her view.

I don't think its Fukushima though. I suspect it is due to certain chemicals in put into personal hygiene products and perfumes. Call me crazy..
edit on 25-8-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm not a medical professional, but it looks to me like cancer is aggressively sought after and aggressively treated. How many people die from the "cure" ? How many people would have been naturally healed by their immune systems if the cancer had been let alone? It is a mystery that can't be solved.

A relative of mine has been treated for cancer for many years. He has a couple of spots on a x-ray which the doctors are ASSUMING is cancer. Again, aggressive treatment. So far his teeth have been ruined by the treatment and he had to have them all pulled. His quality of life is greatly reduced due to medication-related nausea and fatigue.

Sal

a reply to: Profusion

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Agreed.When I hear about people dying from cancer and then I dig a little deeper,a lot of times it ends up being from complications from cancer.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Have you ever thought of leading death causes statistics being used wrongly?
e.g. scare tactics by insurance agents or medical industry.

Why?

Do you find a death cause named 'old age' or 'natural' in the statistics?

Because medically speaking, no one dies 'naturally'.
If an old person dies peacefully in his sleep, it is probably a heart or lung 'failure'.

Don't be fool by the conspiracy!
edit on 26-8-2016 by everyonedies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: everyonedies

Heart or lung failure seems like something that would be natural as long as there is no heart or lung disease.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is not a surprise. Cancer has been on the rise since we corrupted our food supply and became sedentary. Chemicals, GMOs, acidic diet, and lack of oxygen in your system all make the body ripe to develop and grow cancer. It is a multi-billion dollar industry, so the natural cures which work much better statistically than medical remedies (chemo and radiation, if you can really call them remedies) are suppressed. In the 50's, Dr. Joanna Ludwig from Germany had an 85% success rate curing cancer with an organic, pH balanced diet mixed with good oils and exercise. They tried to put her in jail. She was a chemist and they charged her with practicing medicine without a license. She was acquitted, and then showed them by getting her medical degree. But since her work couldn't be patented, she was made out to be a quack. There will never be a cure for cancer in this country. It is too lucrative for doctors, big pharma, and hospitals.

top topics

join