It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#StopWhitePeople2K16 ,,,,wow thats not racist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Jahari

I have to ask you ... this course is a real thing with that real name.

Do you agree it should be allowed to exist?

If it had a different name, like #StopBlackPeople2K16 would you think differently about it?

The problem some of us have isn't that we think white people are so awesome but it's backlash to things like this happening more and more often. The problem is that things like this are allowed to exist at all in a country that is supposed to be about equal treatment.

Increasingly, we are all racist simply for being who and what we are. Our way of life is racist. Our religion is often racist. The base values of our country that many of us were raised with and are raising our children with are racist. Everything about the very fabric of our existence has been labeled as racist.

I work hard ... RACIST!

I have a family and have never been divorced ... RACIST!

I am American and believe in the COTUS ... RACIST!

I believe in education ... RACIST!

I believe in individualism ... RACIST!

I believe in personal liberty and responsibility ... RACIST!

The list goes on, but none of those things, not one, is actually in any way racist.

No i dont think the class should be allowed to exist. No i dont think just because someone post a thread about it that its ok to take shots at other groups of people. You guys are intelligent people. You read the replies. Its upsetting. Who started the class? What were the race of the people that started it? Where do minorities come into play concerning the class?

Question for you. Are all the things you listed that you believe in things only white people want? Who says they are racist? I see the same things you see through different eyes of course but none of those things you mentioned are labeled racist. Unless your implying that minorities dont want those things also.

Oh btw, this is america our track record speaks for itself. Since when have we stood by our stance of equal treatment? Welcome to the club bro!

edit on 25-8-2016 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2016 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Alien Abduct

No, white folk built the Collusium (sp) of Rome. Viaducts. Megalithic structures. etc...

You sound just as bad as some of those you're mocking.
Oh I thought they built those big rocket thingy's that put men on the moon, shall I call it "Tower of Babel"? But whatever they also built the atom bomb. Anyways its irrelevant, I was just picking.

I think what is going on here is more of a cultural clash than a race thing. I think some people get race and culture mixed up.

I agree with another poster (forgot name) humans should be looking at skin color like hair color or eye color or whatever. We humans are looking pretty dumb through the eyes of those watching us from afar.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beeyotch

This course is for RA's so they can better explain white privilege and is the result of a few dolts trying to out PC the other dolts who also have too much time on their hands. My guess is that they are majoring in Communications, Marketing, or that most useful of topics, Black Studies. This last is the educational crime of the century as it only prepares the student to indoctrinate and alienate the next generation of minority students.

This collection of "demands" will astound you.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Oh please do educate me about my privilege.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have yet to see this guy be beat by a liberal. This basically sums up the White Privilege myth.

edit on 26-8-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I am Mexican and Native American Indian. My grandfather on my mothers side was born Cherokee, and my grandfather on my father's side is an actual 'wetback'. He swam across the border 8 times for work and quickly began to support my grandmother. Each time he fathered a another child, 7 children in total. They married soon after, and by the 50s had moved to Los Angeles from Texas. It took him 30 more years to earn his citizenship. He is a Baptist deacon, he is a smart, funny, and good man. America benifits from my grandfather. He was a 14 year old orphan when they had their first child.

With that little bit about my family's background said...

Nationalism is very often parlayed into a form of racism.

Protecting our "borders" IS racist when your platform readily admits you are only talking about closing the borders to certain nationalities, as opposed to an englishman, or a french canadian. (We all know that we are talking about keeping people you dont like out of America, not protecting a line, I wish people would stop saying that)

Building a wall is NOT racist, but building a wall because you believe that most of the people on the other side are rapists or murderers or otherwise beneath you IS racist.

Confronting the "problems within Islam" is racist when you are grouping it in with thoughts about closing borders. Radical fundamentalism exists in Christianity and Catholicism as well, just take a look at Ireland to get a good look at western fundamentalism. If you want to make that argument without it turning racist you must also admit that Christianity and Catholicism share those issues, otherwise you are very clearly referring to a specific nationality, as that would not have even been on your radar had 9/11 not gone down.

Discussing issues within minority communities is racist simply because the people you are referring to aren't minorities anymore, but you surely are not talking about Beverly Hills, but Compton and Watts.

Supporting Trump wouldn't be racist if you weren't projecting racism onto it. I've never once thought that supporting trump was racist, but if you believe people are calling you racist because you support Trump, then you are probably being racist and being called out on it.

I would like to make clear, quickly, that it is not the fact that people are racist that bothers myself, and others. It is the fact that people are saying very racist stuff and covering for it by claiming it's 'just the truth' instead of owning their own racist thoughts and ideas. If you aren't ashamed of your ideas, then factually pointing out that something you desire is racist wouldn't be an issue with you.

Using the words true or false while listing opinions is very naive.

So if things are being labeled racist and you don't see why, well maybe that's because from where you are sitting it is impossible to try on those other shoes, therefore you are protesting something you don't even fully understand and comprehend.

Most people judge me as white. Sometimes Italian. Sometimes Arabic. Rarely, though, Mexican. I have family on my mothers side who are racist towards my Mexican heritage. My own sister denies our Native American heritage. When I was a young gutter punk with a 10 year heroin addiction, I hung out with a group of skinheads. I thought they were traditional skinheads, in over a year race, color, or creed did not come up. Then, one day, the hate speech started. Fully on their way to becoming SHARPs, I attempted to ignore it and keep my friendship in tact. Then one day, stuck in traffic on the freeway, sitting in the back middle seat between two fairly large men with two more in the front seats they began talking specifically about Mexicans. After everyone had their say, I asked them if they knew I was Mexican. You could have cut the tension with a straw it was so thick. But sure enough, I was told, 'yeah, but...your not like one of Them'.

I lost all respect for them and never spoke to them again. If they had been able to even discuss their opinions with me, I would have been willing to listen and respected their opinions. Doing nothing more than stating my opinions in response.

So, hopefully it's clear to you now why any discussion about migration or civil rights with certain people is impossible. In my experience, racist people are not able to defend their opinions unless they are in a mob, at a keyboard, or actively talking about how it's simply a "truth".

Being in a place, mentally, where one can call out an opinion they don't understand it and then say they are talking about facts is a very rich privledge.

There are no stakes for that person. They risk nothing. Sure, maybe someone calls them racist or says something they don't agree with. At least they don't feel threatened, as I do when my uncle talks about physically hurting 'stupid Mexicans' or when a dude with a swastika tattooed on his face followed me through a grocery store for 45 minutes then actually drove up onto the sidewalk to play a game of chicken with me, a pedestrian, while he was laughing in his truck.

Some people risk much just to get here, let alone live here. But I'm all for everyone going back to where they came from, I'd have dual citizenship to America and Spain!

The real issues are that people need to be more accepting and just stop lashing out at one another. Whether it is Western Europe, the Middle East, Asia, El Salvador, Mexico, Brazil, Africa, Eastern Europe, India, Bangladesh, Australia, or the United States, one could argue the real issue is the inability for humanity to accept actual truth.

We are, ultimately, all equal, and no one culture can be credited with doing "more" than another. In fact, without India inventing the idea of Zero, (yes, Arabic numerals were actually from India) Western Europe would have had a very difficult time getting any sort of modernized economy off the ground. The oldest pay stub we have discovered comes from Iraq. The Chinese wiped out Tibet because they were too peaceful to fight back.

Western culture is a mix of many cultures and forms of government. A great deal was borrowed, and racism is very much alive in every corner of the globe, so, trust me when I say that anyone who can claim that the most it affects them is being upset that people say this or that is racist..then you indeed have a privledged life.

As for the hashtags, BLM is simply an attempt to make themselves matter to you, if you believe BLM is racist then that thought is a projection. As far as #StopWhitePeople2k16, well, that's just an ignorant idea on general.

And globalism has only to do with economy. Nothing to do with race, aside from a few nationalities claiming that it is intended to destroy their culture. Maybe if the arrest statistics were skewed in a different direction I could entertain the idea that any white culture or nationality is under attack on a mass scale. There have been racist hash tags for a long time, if you're only now tuning into that knowledge due to BLM or this new # I won't bother even repeating again, then maybe you very much should take a closer look at your life and opinions.

Until white people start trying to stamp out organized racism and shunning the people who practice it...you really are having your cake and eating it too. If the KKK still exists, can America really say all of that died out years ago?

#justsayin #OnlyTheTruth #sorrynotsorry

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch
Well, The State University of New York (SUNY) at Binghamton reportedly hosted a training course for residential assistants on how to “stop white people.” Stop us from what ? Working all day ? Being fanatics about our lawns ? What ? The tax payers and the people who fund this school are mainly white, just sayin. OMG what if it was stopblackpeople ? that would be racist, but stopwhitepeople is cultural, freedom of expression and condoned, sad. Personally even though its racist just like blacklivesmatter, doesn't bother me at all, gonna have to try harder folks to upset me with your racism.

www.washingtontimes.com...

What's the matter with you!! Don't you know that it is illegal for "white" people to feel discriminated against in this f-ed up world!!! Lmao.

Now if it said #StopBlackPeople2K16, then you have the right to feel discriminated against!!

Jeezez, this is basic economic principle!!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ibatom

Until white people start trying to stamp out organized racism and shunning the people who practice it...you really are having your cake and eating it too. If the KKK still exists, can America really say all of that died out years ago?

Until so called moderate muslims start trying to stamp out radical islamic extremists they are really having there cake and eating it too. If Isis still exists can Muslims really say Islam is a religion of peace?

See what I did there?

BTW look at some of the Hebrew Israelite videos. They stand on the corner and spew pure hatred of the white man and call for the white races genocide. They are as toxic as any KKK rhetoric ive ever seen. Funny how in such a racist society the oppressed black man can call for the death of whites, harass them when they walk by but no one bats a eye lid. Why?

Oh because only white people can be racists. Could you imagine if WHITE PEOPLE stood on the corner and said what these guys are saying?

ENJOY:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The way you talk about the civil rights movements in America is insane.

It was a long, long fight that included a war, the demeaning of women, as well as assassination of certain public figures.

No ONE white man did anything to change anything in some fell swoop of an action, just as no ONE white man invented racism. A white man did not end slavery. American Men did. No one man gave a woman the right to vote, American Men and Women did.

And if you can talk about those actions and say "you should thank us", well, shouldn't you then also accept responsibility for the BAD things your ancestors did? Or is it only something you will own if it makes you feel correct?

This has been entertaining, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Im not Sorry....

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Until so called moderate muslims start trying to stamp out radical islamic extremists they are really having there cake and eating it too. If Isis still exists can Muslims really say Islam is a religion of peace?

See what I did there?

BTW look at some of the Hebrew Israelite videos. They stand on the corner and spew pure hatred of the white man and call for the white races genocide. They are as toxic as any KKK rhetoric ive ever seen. Funny how in such a racist society the oppressed black man can call for the death of whites, harass them when they walk by but no one bats a eye lid. Why?

Oh because only white people can be racists.

ENJOY:

Moderate Muslims are already denouncing and standing up to ISIS. So...no...I don't see what you did there. Unless not answering what I said and trying to redirect the flow of conversation was what you were pointing to? And I completely agree that racism exists in other cultures, as I said in my post, though this thread was about western white people and their perceived, misunderstood, or casual racism.

Your'e derailing at this point.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Moderate Muslims are already denouncing and standing up to ISIS. So...no...I don't see what you did there. Unless not answering what I said and trying to redirect the flow of conversation was what you were pointing to? And I completely agree that racism exists in other cultures, as I said in my post, though this thread was about western white people and their perceived, misunderstood, or casual racism. Your'e derailing at this point.

HAHAHA I was born and raised in the south. 42 freaking years. I never seen one white person support the KKK. Ive never seen a clansman my whole life. The KKK hasn't been relevant in almost 30 years!!!

I did see two racists white trash skinheads at the bar i bounced at once though. Other than that nope haven't seen all these racist white groups here.

BTW whens the last time Christians or the KKK bombed a church or ran a truck through a 100+ people? Not in this decade?

Racism is not wide spread like you SJW claim it is . Lets see what Morgan Freeman says about racism in America today..

You know who keeps racism going today? Liberals, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, the MSM and certain people who want to play the victim card.... Everyone has the same rights and opportunists as anyone in AMERICA..

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Moderate Muslims are already denouncing and standing up to ISIS. So...no...I don't see what you did there. Unless not answering what I said and trying to redirect the flow of conversation was what you were pointing to? And I completely agree that racism exists in other cultures, as I said in my post, though this thread was about western white people and their perceived, misunderstood, or casual racism. Your'e derailing at this point.

HAHAHA I was born and raised in the south. 42 freaking years. I never seen one white person support the KKK. Ive never seen a clansman my whole life. The KKK hasn't been relevant in almost 30 years!!!

I did see two racists white trash skinheads at the bar i bounced at once though. Other than that nope haven't seen all these racist white groups here.

BTW whens the last time Christians or the KKK bombed a church or ran a truck through a 100+ people? Not in this decade?

Racism is not wide spread like you SJW claim it is . Lets see what Morgan Freeman says about racism in America today..

You know who keeps racism going today? Liberals, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, the MSM and certain people who want to play the victim card.... Everyone has the same rights and opportunists as anyone in AMERICA..

It has already been stated in this thread, as fact, on page 5 of this thread, that white people are a superior race.

The KKK have always been secretive, we aren't supposed to know who they are but yes, they do still exist.

I'm simply stating that indeed, I have been on the receiving end of racism from a swastika-faced skinhead, whom I believe anyone would label a nazi. You're anecdotal evidence simply reflects on who you are. It does not matter if you haven't seen a man with a hood on at the mall, or a man with a red band on his arm.

You guys have already stated in multiple posts that you believe white people, or men, to be superior to everyone else. Even as far as stating a black people and women owe you a thank you.

There is nothing left to debate. In the very thread that was started to show how white people are discriminated against, a lot of people jumped in to make fun of, or just make racist comments. I'd clap for you, but you'd just keep talking...

As of now, you'll be talking to yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ibatom

Cry a little more, thats entertaining. Using white guilt to further agendas. Not anymore.

I have been subjected to racism by black people more than twice, and they always came in groups, even mixed with other white people who just laughed and supported them, that says a lot. Not even once, I have attacked or made any remarks about black people, to offend and get a reaction, no.
edit on 26-8-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: beeyotch

Don't you know? We're the devils. Whites aren't behind most innovations or much of the world's culture. We are evil devils. Of course I say this sarcastically. But no, officially it isn't racist because you can't racist against white people.

I understand what youre saying but theres so much wrong with that culture i cant be too proud of that tbh. So a bad example i'd say.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: ketsuko
I really like the how to deal with uneducated people. So all white people are stupid or just the ones at that college?

In liberal-speak, an "uneducated person" is anyone who hasn't yet adopted the same opinion, view or position offered by the left. It is irrelevant if that position is factually wrong or a lie...in their utopia, it must be accepted as fact. Other synonyms for "uneducated person" are "racist", "redneck", "idiot", "ignorant", "climate change denier", "Obama hater", "hater", "Islamophobia", "homophobe", "2nd Amendment Supporter", "America lover", "American", "white", "religious nut", "gun nut", etc.

Unfortunately, this "agenda of lies" is being accepted by certain groups. LGBTQ, BLM, many black communities, some Muslim communities, etc. When you consider that bulk of who subscribe to this agenda, knowing that it is false, is likely the majority of our country...or at least close.

So the question becomes...why support a lie? They know it is...and they still support it. The reason is the left believes that by forcing a result upon people, you automatically change the situation. For example...if you force people to accept "man-made climate change", they get to instigate their agenda of control and greater power over the people and the companies. They can shut businesses down if they don't comply with their wishes. They can tax you to death if you don't support their agenda. In essence...they believe that if they can force everyone to accept something, that it will automatically work.

The problem is...accepting a lie doesn't make things work. If the majority of people accept the lie that fewer legal guns means less crime...it won't make it happen and therefore, it won't work. This applies to most left agendas. Either they don't work (see Bernie Sanders) or they are a lie to force another situation they don't tell you about.

At the root of this is one simple concept. "The end justifies the means". This is why liberals are liars, cheaters, thieves...this is why the Clintons actually believe they have done nothing wrong. Because as long as their crimes are in pursuit of the ultimate "end", they are by definition "right".

But in the end...if allowed to achieve their goals, they will have people accept ideas that can't, don't or won't work. Sure...the goals (in some cases) are valid, but the technology, willingness and the math simply don't work...yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Double post...that was weird.
edit on 8/26/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Sarcasm?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

White culture is described as such because minority cultures like to separate themselves from their of their respective western culture.
There is always talk about black culture, or hispanic culture. It is a slur inside these call cultures to say another one is "acting white" by doing normal behavior in western culture.

If black culture and hispanic culture exist, a white culture also does exist.

It is called white culture instead of western culture because of a stereotype. Yet stereotypes are typically very accurate(see psychology studies).
We cannot call this culture American culture because that would be racist and discriminatory because we would leave out the other cultures in our mulitcultural dystopia.
We cannot call this culture english or french culture, because white american culture is a mixture of european cultures.
Lastly labeling it western culture would possibly include black and hispanic cultures which is not what we are talking about thus white culture gets the idea across better.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

No, I don't believe they are only things for white people, but that's the point. People who do this don't care.

There very much are groups of people out there who do and have labeled them as racist things. Here, for example, is the clip of Melissa Harris Perry telling us that "hard worker" is racist.

So, there you go. That's one American value right there that's been labeled. So now I can't talk about people being hard workers or working hard because people like her and others like her have labeled that as racist language associated with slaves and their forced labor not working hard because you want to get ahead and doing so voluntarily.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join