It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany: Citizens Start Hoarding Food & Water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
No source on this yet, just what I'm hearing through the grapevine:

"...we have friends from here working and living in Germany. They said this is really strange. They have people who are from there, telling them, this isn't something they have ever had to do."

This in in regards to the Government telling people to prepare for "emergencies".

I will update if I find anything.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Is this referencing to this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

So OP you're telling us someones reaction to the initial article?
And that's it?

edit on Rpm82416v04201600000018 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr. Moonlight

Thanks. Disregard. Close this this then.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Have the Mods move it into the Survival forum.

Should be a version in there, while not enough new stuff goes in there these days it dont look like.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Thanks. Disregard. Close this this then.

No worries. I'd love to know what the man on the ground is thinking...only so much to learn from an article. Have your friends spoken about general attitudes of the people?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is just a follow up from the recent recommendation to store enough food & water
For rural regions water is not a big problem, because most homes do have a central heater and it stores enough drinkable water, those are in the 500-1000L regions. I don´t know for other regions here in germany, but here people have always enough on the shelf, like 5-10kg flour, a sack potatoes.

No one is rushing the supermarkets, except for the ones freaked out by it because they have small homes and are not used to that (economical) type of living. I can buy 500g Spätle premade for 2,69€. Or I buy wheat flour&eggs for ~3€ and make 2.5kg freshest quality and freeze it in packages. Toss them in hot water like freshly made.

I could buy vegetables for cooking each time. But I have a garden where I can just walk out and have the carrots almost still living while I cut them.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
For us it became a running gag, if i meet friends, the first question is:

Have you been in the supermarket today, to prepare yourself?

I really know nobody that has only food for one or two days at home. What if somebody visits you, what will you cook if you have that less food at home? Things like noodles, rice, mached potatoe powder, spices, salt, sugar, flour, tomatoes, fruits, tuna and stuff in cans, is average stuff most people have everytime at home. With that stuff in my kitchen cabinet i have food for more then ten days at everytime at home, so i could invite others to eat with me, like family members or neighbours. But there is no need for this, as i said, nobody has that less food at home, even the people with the lowest space and money have build up stocks, because some of them don´t have the time (and money)to buy everyday everything fresh.

It´s again a media hype to fear the people.
When politicians open their mouths, it´s rare that there will leave words of truth.

And when i heared from the officials that it was "pure coincidence" that this advice came out while the security freaks go postal here in germany...

edit on 25 8 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I saw a photo of a filled freezer and the proud text (translated) "This is how my fridge looks everyday!".
It was stuffed with processed food to the top and the first thing I thought was:

If your power goes out, 70% will spoil before you get the chance to eat it, if you´re even able to prepare it without power.

I, for myself, can cook and heat without external power/gas... I invest three/four weekends yearly to make enough wood for a very long winter. Yes it´s work and you need the machines and people. 25. December 2003, when there was a huge power blackout in south germany, we did not freeze and were able to cook, the whole time.

The oil/gas central heaters and ovens were useless without electricity. Wood does not need electricity and my gas stove can be lighted with a match.

new topics

top topics

join