It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Hillary supporters, Al Capone was NOT a gangster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Umm you know Hitler was NEVER tried or convicted of any crime.

(OK after he being elected in Germany.
)

So I guess he was a great guy also?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hitler was never tried or convicted after he was elected in Germany.

So I guess legally we can't blame him for anything ethier.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Vector99
That was for contempt of court.

Who cares? He still served time and did not meet this description:

HOWEVER, he was only ever convicted of tax evasion...

He was also sentenced to prison on another count but was permitted to remain out while it was being appealed.

Except you don't have to be convicted of ANYTHING to be sentenced to contemp of court. It is completely up to the judges discretion on that.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

OK but lets flip the table here.

Has he been CONVICTED of any of these?

If not; he stands on the same level that liberials say Clinton stands on. All these are just haters tring to distract people from him.

You can't have it both ways and hold him up on non-proven accusations while allowing Hillary to slide on the same thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Does go to show you that Hillary's speach writes know more of the buss words to make people feel good.

Trumps words on the other hand much better reflect the state of the world today.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
Hitler was never tried or convicted after he was elected in Germany.

So I guess legally we can't blame him for anything ethier.

Take it up with the Original Poster, this is his logic, not mine.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
Except you don't have to be convicted of ANYTHING to be sentenced to contemp of court. It is completely up to the judges discretion on that.

Al Capone was convicted of other crimes besides tax evasion. It was in the link I provided.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Vector99

Capone is not a great example of that, he was convicted several times and imprisoned prior to the tax evasion charge.

Come on, do not bring facts to another "let me whine about Hillary" thread!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
Come on, do not bring facts to another "let me whine about Hillary" thread!

Sorry man.

Although if Hillary got syphilis and ended up on Alcatraz I would not exactly shed a tear.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

But, but, but, the teams changed uniforms at halftime!

Wouldn't the 1920-40 Republicans be todays Democrats?

The whole changed sides things always confuses me, so I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

That is a fair point to argue and one that would be tough to disprove.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Although, I jokingly made the Capone/Clinton connection a month ago, I have to disagree with you.

Whether it is Capone, Trump, Clinton, or Patton they all share a common trait. A ruthless desire to climb the ladder of success coupled with being in the right place at the right time.

Capone would have made it to the top of a Fortune 500 had he been born to the right family, Patton would have run the Chicago Outfit under similar circumstances.

Clinton, has the lack of human empathy needed to rise and she started out with a silver spoon. Her "rumored" criminal past is simply a result of her shifting her early operations to the "dirty South". Had she married a northern millionaire politician instead, her past would be littered with primarily white collar crimes.

*now, I have to go take a few showers with bleach, as I feel I just defended Clinton in some way.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

*now, I have to go take a few showers with bleach, as I feel I just defended Clinton in some way.

I'll bring my wire brush and give you a good Karen Silkwood scrub down.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Due to our legal system, there have been individuals that have been "above the law" over the course of history.

So in the eyes of Hillary supporters, Capone was a great guy, only being a victim of the US tax system. Anything less is hypocrisy in it's finest.

Let me try some logic here since you seem confused.

Your argument:
Hillary Clinton was not found guilty or indicted.
Al Capone was not found guilty on racketeering
So Hillary Clinton is Guilty?

Your logic fails on multiple grounds.

By that logic, anyone not charged with a crime is guilty of the crime?

(A) Guilty people are sometimes not charged.
(B) Guilty people are sometimes charged.
(C) Innocent people are sometimes not charged.
(D) Innocent people are sometimes charged.

All of the above are true.

What you are claiming is (A) that Clinton is guilty, but not charged.

Some Clinton Supporters would argue (C) She was innocent of what she was accused of and thus not charged. Note that the FBI after a year long investigation had plenty of things to say about Clinton, but still chose (C).

Someone can choose (A) (B) (C) (D) for any circumstance or individual case in OPINION....

Anyone can make a reasonable case that OJ was guilty, AL Capone was a Gangster and Clinton was innocent..

Or they can believe OJ was Innocent, Clinton was guilty and George Zimmerman was innocent...

The variables are endless in the world of OPINION...

So you are free to believe she is guilty and her supporters can make a case otherwise...

But the FBI came to the conclusion there was not evidence that warranted prosecution.

The rest is opinion.

edit on 25-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

But, but, but, the teams changed uniforms at halftime!

The civil rights bill flipped the north-south, dem/gop thing.

The south went from Dem to GOP to oppose integration.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

sigh, another one that doesn't get it.

Your argument: Hillary Clinton was not found guilty or indicted. Al Capone was not found guilty on racketeering So Hillary Clinton is Guilty?

No, as defined by the literal words of the OP, I said good ol Al was NOT guilty of said crimes. I'm glad you were able to distinguish the comparison and make such a well informed response.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Due to our legal system, there have been individuals that have been "above the law" over the course of history.

After months of deflections by Hillary supporters claiming she hasn't been charged/convicted therefore she is innocent, I felt compelled to make a historical comparison.

Everyone knows of Al Capone. Everyone knows he was a ruthless mob boss. HOWEVER, he was only ever convicted of tax evasion. This man, being one of the most ruthless criminals in US history MUST be given a clean slate by Hillary supporters simply because the crimes didn't stick.

So in the eyes of Hillary supporters, Capone was a great guy, only being a victim of the US tax system. Anything less is hypocrisy in it's finest.

The above is the silliest, sloppiest, most ridiculous piece of thinking I have ever read in my life. You could make the same case that Trump's supporters are all members of the KKK. No, it's doesn't work, it's a classic case of stretching a very loose argument until it's very wide and paper thin.
I despair of this site at the moment. It's full of angry idiots who babble total nonsense about Hillary Clinton.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join