It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Hillary supporters, Al Capone was NOT a gangster

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Due to our legal system, there have been individuals that have been "above the law" over the course of history.

After months of deflections by Hillary supporters claiming she hasn't been charged/convicted therefore she is innocent, I felt compelled to make a historical comparison.

Everyone knows of Al Capone. Everyone knows he was a ruthless mob boss. HOWEVER, he was only ever convicted of tax evasion. This man, being one of the most ruthless criminals in US history MUST be given a clean slate by Hillary supporters simply because the crimes didn't stick.

So in the eyes of Hillary supporters, Capone was a great guy, only being a victim of the US tax system. Anything less is hypocrisy in it's finest.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Very good analogy of the mental void of Hillary supporters.

I have been hearing this exact argument they are using to vindicate Hillary. It's unreal.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Come on, everyone knows Al Capone was a victim of the Republican propaganda...same as Hillary...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Capone is not a great example of that, he was convicted several times and imprisoned prior to the tax evasion charge.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Does this apply to all the right wingers who exonerate violent pigs or George Zimmerman???

Just asking for a friend.

link   
Part of me... wants... to do my best, act like Christopher Walken, but... I just cant.

It comes out sounding like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.

Still, the irony isn't lost on me.

link   
I'm sure they''ll come up with some excuse like "He had people murdered and extorted money to run his evil empire"....and never see the irony.
They accuse Trump supporters of being blind to his faults, but Good God! the hypocrisy of that one statement is just.......incredible.
edit on 24-8-2016 by DAVID64 because: add

link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Due to our legal system, there have been individuals that have been "above the law" over the course of history.

After months of deflections by Hillary supporters claiming she hasn't been charged/convicted therefore she is innocent, I felt compelled to make a historical comparison.

Everyone knows of Al Capone. Everyone knows he was a ruthless mob boss. HOWEVER, he was only ever convicted of tax evasion. This man, being one of the most ruthless criminals in US history MUST be given a clean slate by Hillary supporters simply because the crimes didn't stick.

So in the eyes of Hillary supporters, Capone was a great guy, only being a victim of the US tax system. Anything less is hypocrisy in it's finest.

Devils advocate here. Bolded word is of particular significance. I'll go crawl back under my rock now.

edit on 24-8-2016 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2016 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Capone is not a great example of that, he was convicted several times and imprisoned prior to the tax evasion charge.

Sources?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Come on, everyone knows Al Capone was a victim of the Republican propaganda...same as Hillary...

You mean the same Republicans that supported the civil rights movement?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Sources?

Here:

In May 1929, Capone was sentenced to a prison term in Philadelphia's Eastern State Penitentiary, having been convicted within 16 hours of being arrested for carrying a gun during a trip there.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

I'll bite, sure.

Hillary is above Capone, they won't even charge her. If she is innocent of crimes whether they be intentional or not, why shouldn't she just go in front of a court and get an acquittal of all charges?

The director of the FBI literally said she was guilty of crimes per the definition of the laws surrounding said crimes, then recommended no charges be filed. He indicted a ham sandwich then said let's not prosecute

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Wow. Did you need therapy after those unintellectual gymnastics? The extrapolation needed for this is beyond even what Hawking could conceive of. This isn't Pit material. This is LOL.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

you know, I dont know if this is some sort of social engineering at play, a common background between us /experiences, a similar knowledge base, or what, but I came to the exact historical comparison.

She kills like a mafia don, and is as "untouchable" as capone.

S&F, great minds and all that.

Or its just true.

edit on 8 24 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious
You mean the same Republicans that supported the civil rights movement?

Just so you are aware, Capone supported the Republican establishment in Chicago during his reign of the Chicago Outfit.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Only money could make people ignore a Master Criminal.

49.2% of all people receive a monthly check or credit.

That is about her number.

The smartest people I've ever known have all said...

"People Vote Their Pocketbooks"

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

OR.... one will just see what one wants to.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

He also spent time in Alcatraz, not exactly the Hamptons. I am voting for Hillary! I wonder if the OP went to Trump University?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That was for contempt of court.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I am just saying, I came to the exact choice of a historical figure to compare her to when speaking about her impunity to law.

Say what you will, she is not on the up and up.

Its absurd to deny it.

edit on 8 24 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join