It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God in a box.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I knew it was going to be one of those days even before I left the house this morning. I’d made it out of bed and thru the morning rituals then turned on the news to see if maybe my place of employment had been swept away by the flood waters were experiencing, It hadn’t, dammit.

Instead the harbinger of bad news was ranting about the horrors of fast food. I didn’t bother turning it off; I was too busy scarping down my waffles on a stick, you know, the ones with butter and syrup built right into them. The wonders of modern cooking never cease to amaze me.

Still, Inside I was answering all the bad points the talking head was bringing up. There’s allot to be said for fast food. Its quick, easy, cheap, no cleanup, little waste and it taste’s good even if it’s not home cooking. So what if it turns your butt to lard and clogs up your arteries.

With that I turned off the tube, grabbed my stuff and started for the door. That’s when my mumbling little brain spit out, “It’s just like most religions today.” I stopped in my tracks, shook my head a few times and knew, somehow just knew it was going to be a long day.

I dread getting blindsided by an idea, especially on a Monday morning, but by the time I’d made it to my car the thought was off and running and all I could do is hang on.

I believe that there is an innate inner hunger for spirituality born into each of us. It’s a hunger that should be fed well and in a healthy manner. Just as the food we eat determines the shape our body is going to be in the food we send to our spirit will determine the shape our spirit will be in.

Most of the people I know feed that hunger by getting up on Sunday morning, running down to “God in a box” and ordering a happy meal. Its quick, easy, cheap, no cleanup, little waste and it taste’s good even if it’s not home cooking. And just like the fast food it’s turning their butts to lard and clogging up their arteries.

I remember as a child seeing ads that had doctors preaching of the health benefits of smoking a certain brand of cigarettes. That’s very much like what the preachers today are doing.

I suppose its just a matter of the things you pay attention to in this world. Most of those people keep their bodies in shape, workout, drink in moderation, eat healthy earthly food and in general live solid, dull lives. Who am I to deny them their spiritual cheeseburgers and fries?

As I thought on these things today I kept going back to the old Sikh saying, “If you can’t see god in everything then you can’t see god in anything.” And I knew that in this situation the saying wasn’t meant for them, it was meant for me.

This is what happens when thoughts jump up and start bugging me. I know I have to write them out or they won’t go away. I’m done. I just hope you don’t mind my sharing with you.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good story mrwupy
. I enjoyed the read, I just love that fast food

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Fast food?

Well.. err...

Very cool read bud

join