It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my dog died last night, but the saddest part was today.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
:'( I'm so sorry to see this. I know it hurts badly to lose such a close friend. We only get the pleasure of sharing their lives with them for what seems like such a short time.

Please give the white pup a peck for me and send my condolences :'(

Dogs know. They do.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ty everyone for the replies. I am alot sadder this morning after reading through the thread.

I will be looking for another pup next week to fill the void. Plus my wife loves having a big,loyal dog around for when shes home alone.

The little one just thinks shes a German Shepherd.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Sorry for your loss OP. I lost my 10 year old pug unexpectedly a little over a year ago and miss him still to this day very much. When my family would need to leave town for a bit we would take Jack to my moms house where she has 2 huskies and a half pug/chihuahua mix. Before we buried him we took Jack over so the dogs could say goodbye. I never knew to do that, my aunt said that they would always wonder where he was at if I hadn't done that. It was just amazing how the huskies went up and sniffed him and started to lick him. You could just see in their eyes that they were saddened. Broke my heart but I'm so glad I got to experience this.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I'm so sorry. Last night I couldn't stop thinking of your sweet little white pup but the cat is what got me. I've got one that looks exactly like that and she's 10.

She's a country cat but acts more like a dog. When I'm outside she follows me everywhere. We even go for walks in the woods and she stays with me better than the dog. She never uses a litter box, instead she cries at the door when she wants out.

In all the years I've had country cats, not one has ever lived even close to 10 years. I don't know what I'll do when she dies, she's always been there right by my side.

Her and the dog torment each other but he'll miss her too. She's been his only animal friend since he was a puppy. Cats have feelings too, they're just more subtly expressed.

Don't know if your little dog is a digger and I hate to be morbid but animals can smell what's buried. I put rocks on pet graves to keep dogs/coyotes from digging them up. Glad to hear you're getting a puppy.

edit on 8-25-2016 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The pain and sadness does ease....and getting a new furkid will help to heal your family.

I hope when the time comes you'll share pics of your new family member.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Oh they know, when my 11 year old shep/lab mix died, i thought were going to have to get therapy for his little puggle buddy. never saw an animal so sad.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Very sorry for your loss. Dogs are the greatest. Losing them is tough, especially in the way you describe. We all meet up again, I believe - dogs too.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Meet John Doe.. Have not decided on a name yet. ( Taking suggestions.) But we fell in love immediately .
We just could not wait and saw this little guy.

On a side note Damm German Shepherds got expensive the last 12 years.

Heading to the pet store now.
edit on 26-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What a darling.
How old is he?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

What a darling.
How old is he?

11 weeks

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I figured something like that...he no longer has that fuzz-ball puppy look.

How are the cat and white dog taking the new family member?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I figured something like that...he no longer has that fuzz-ball puppy look.

How are the cat and white dog taking the new family member?

They dont like him yet. But he sure likes them.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Animals are concious, and they also feel sadness. Dogs especially are loyal to the end.

Dog Burries his Cat friend who was hit by a car

The dog was sitting beside his stray cat friend who was hit by a car and died instantly. The black stray dog found that his cat friend was dead. What he did was very touching and heart wrenching. At first, the man thought that the dog would eat the cat or harm her, but what the dog did was unbelievable; the loyal dog started to dig with his paws and buried his cat friend. The man who was capturing this was shocked to see this! The dog sniffed the cat, and he kept on burying the little cat till nothing appeared from its body on the surface. When the dog finished, he sat beside the cat grave.

My own Dog taught me or reminded me what love is. My own dog taught me more than humans ever will. If we take a closer look and not let our egos get in the way, we must ask ourselves, are we really the superior species?

Sometimes I sit outside to smoke a cigarrete, and my dog would come and sit by me. (Despite some horrid things I did in the past, I almost abandoned him once. I didn't want any pets, i get too attached and already lost a few of my furry friends by them getting hit by a car.

His mother, reminded me, as that very night that I abandoned him, she sat right on top of a Garbage trash bag. Almost as if she was telling me with saddened eyes, "throw me away too.". It broke my heart, because I knew then and there, she knew that I abandoned him.

My mother found him a few days later, but this was in my conciousness for a long time.

Sadly my dogs mother, got hit by a car few weeks later, (My worst fear became a reality.) I lost another dog...to another car.
But her son remains here. If anything he became my best friend. I try to make it up to him for my past deads. He has forgiven me, and remains loyal. I even tell him that he is better than most humans.

Sometimes the wisest teachers, form no words. Hope you take this story as a lesson. I refuse to believe humanity is a superior species because of these life lessons, that came not from a human being, but from a dog.

Im sorry for your loss, I know it is difficult. I do ask you, to learn the lessons your furry friends teach you. Especially that poodle, who reminds me of My dogs mother when she sat on the Trash bag. They dont need any words to deliever a message.

edit on th2016000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 27 Aug 2016 08:08:51 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 27 Aug 2016 08:08:51 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have never heard the they don't know thing but I can vouch that's BS. Maybe,Akashi? -Japanese subway dog??- never got it but my dogs have stopped,eating and cry for,a,while not,wanting to do anything. And my two,dogs and,two,dogs that have,died both did within days of each other. Last,two to go were 23 and 23 years old, amazing for their breeds...BFF at park was 25 going on 26 and,they sat and watched togwtger for hours a day, coukdnt really get 23 and 25 year Olds to play. But,my 23 dog died,then the other two,days later. Since I was 29 you gotta understand how close we were moving out and growing up together. Cool sidenote...my work understood and worked around wording in my contract to give me 8weeks off berievement with pay as death of a "family" member. And boy did I need it I coukdnt stand,up out of bed,for,a,month. Their age should hint to how much I loved them I gave them the care,you'd give a son or,daughter and we,did EVERYTHING Together from,grocery shopping to vacation to summer camp for,doggies haha so yea, has sad and he,knows not what death is but that the spirit he could sense much better than we can is no more in this world. I tried to explain one was gone,forever to the one left behind but it didn't work lol just kept crying

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have 2 bull terriers that are quite old and could go any day. I find myself checking them to make sure they are still breathing. It's amazing how much we can love an animal and how much an animal can love us back. My heart goes out to the pup and cat. We understand what death is. I wonder what goes through their minds? When you can and feel up to the challenge,,,go and rescue another pet. Dog. Cat. Whatever. Thousands are put to death every day in shelters due to the lack of homes. Honor your friend and bring another friend, home.
edit on 12052011 by smcneil01 because: I can't spell.....

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
May your dog rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss. Our pets are more than just dogs or cats. They are family. I believe they feel love just like we do, so the little dog is feeling the loss just as much as you are. Give a little extra love...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join