It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Destroyer USS Nitze Harassed by Iranian Patrol Boats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
We should equip our ships with lasers that can carve "I love the USA" in the side of these vessels. Not to sink them just to screw with their heads lol.
edit on 24-8-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

You may get your wish if SkyNews can be trusted.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
actual story is here.
sounds like they got a bit too close to iranian waters and got scared off.

Would you think 100's of millions of dollars would buy a little cooperation?

i highly doubt america would allow other nations warships enter american waters.

What would happen if the crew sank all 4 Iranian patrol boats, aside from oil prices I mean.

international condemnation would follow.
iran is still under embargo to america, who buys its oil from saudi arabia, so oil prices wouldnt be affected.

Didn't something like this happen to the USS COLE?

no, get educated.
al qaeda did it in yemen.

Any hint of instability in the gulf, especially concerning Iran and the strait of Hormuz will cause the price of crude to rise, just like it has every single time since the Iranian revolution in 1979.

The last time the Iranian navy was feeling froggy, they got smacked down and quit with the provocations for a number of years.

The world didn't say squat then because the Iranian naval forces were the provocateurs, just as the "patrol craft" could have easily been in this case.

Google Operation Earnest Will and Operation Praying mantis

The lesson of the U.S.S. Cole incident hasn't been forgotten by the USN and would be a major consideration for any Captain when being approached by a small craft.

Unless I missed the news and Al Qaeda has the market cornered on asymmetrically applied suicide missions, any small craft is a threat.

edit on 24-8-2016 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

We should equip our ships with lasers that can carve "I love the USA" in the side of these vessels. Not to sink them just to screw with their heads lol.

Nah, better yet . . . send SEAL Teams to spray paint it there.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
news.sky.com...

You may get your wish if SkyNews can be trusted.

Oh great they'll sink on the way over and US will get blamed because thr rusted hulls gave way.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wonder what you do in real life when not trolling?

Male stripper, but that's off topic.

It's a short commentary on the weakness of Obama and his foreign policies towards Iran, specifically.

Normally I don't explain myself, but you've become annoying.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I guess this happens all the time.

edit on Rpm82416v25201600000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Isn't IRAN the country that seized our U.S. Navy patrol boat last year, and did something to the sailors that brought some of them to tears?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

For what, exactly? Defending their sovereignty? Hardly a valid justification for war.

"Sorry Iran, you're not allowed to defend yourselves, because 'Murca"

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

For what, exactly? Defending their sovereignty? Hardly a valid justification for war.

"Sorry Iran, you're not allowed to defend yourselves, because 'Murca"

Why do you think they have the right to harass ships in international shipping lanes?? No country has the right to stop international shipping. There right only extends to ships entering there waters. And in the gulf most nations avoid there waters. By using international waters or other countries coastline

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Obama is unfit to be President.???? Is this off topic? What does the president have to do with a bunch of rag heads scooting around in the gulf? ...and how does a 24 ft out board bully a 100 ton, 600 hundred foot navy ship bulging with guns and guys trained to us gun?

Cheers

Only took a boat of that size to put a hole in the cole now didn't it? And yes Obama is unfit to even be an American IMO at this point!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Funny thing is China basically annexed thousands of miles of the South China Sea and we have done nothing. So what!, many will say, but do you realize over 5 Trillion of goods are shipped through the SCS?

But considering China saved our ass we should just let them do whatever though right?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
Retaliate with overwhelming force and turn Iran into a glassy desert.

Your a idiot. .....

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Funny thing is China basically annexed thousands of miles of the South China Sea and we have done nothing. So what!, many will say, but do you realize over 5 Trillion of goods are shipped through the SCS?

But considering China saved our ass we should just let them do whatever though right?

You do realize this makes zero sense don't you?? We are discussing thr gulf not the pacific ocean. As far as China no one recognizes there claims.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wonder how long one of these patrol boats would last after a burst from a PHALANX CIWS gun.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
i wonder what american patrol boats would do to an.iranian warship off the coast of new jersey.

Well, if Jersey was on the straits of Hormuz, I guess maybe nothing.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

BREAKING Destroyer USS Nitze Harassed by Iranian Patrol Boats -

Was it in Iranian territorial waters?

How close was it in Iranian territorial waters?

Had been it in Iranian territorial waters?

Was it headed into Iranian territorial waters?

Remember the Gulf of Tongking where the US was right in North Vietnamese territorial waters and claimed it was shot at the North Vietnamese. It led to the deaths of 58,000 Americans and 5,000,000 Vietnamese and the American claims were lies.

The 30 years later the attorney general of the day admitted the claimed events did not take place.

Perhaps it was all just an excuse to do some depopulating, With an instant replay again in Iraq in 20whatever, again in Afghanistan in 20whatever and again in Syria in 2014-16

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

If they are in international waters they won't do a thing.

Such as these...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.wsj.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Isn't IRAN the country that seized our U.S. Navy patrol boat last year, and did something to the sailors that brought some of them to tears?

The patrol boat strayed into Irans waters. Think the reason was the petty officer got his cordinates wrong.

The patrol boat was siezed.

They were all released a few days later after the mistake was explained.

The crying was another incident when the Royal navy did the same. A sailer cried when called mr bean and had his Ipod taken......hardly torture

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Easy solution by the OOD:

"Engines ahead flank indicate 35 knots!"

FWIW, I'm a retired LCDR, and my son is XO aboard a ship of the same class.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join