It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Destroyer USS Nitze Harassed by Iranian Patrol Boats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
i wonder what american patrol boats would do to an.iranian warship off the coast of new jersey.

Within international waters or 'testing defenses'?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

They're going for Iran.. I thought maybe they would have forgotten that old plan. Another Middle Eastern war. Let's get it over with already.

And of course, Europe will have to take care of the immigrants. Splendid like usual. Let's fire up the jet engines and see if we can have this mess over by the 20's.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

i wonder what american patrol boats would do to an.iranian warship off the coast of new jersey.

seeing how international waters would be about 24 miles off the.coast, that would put it within weapons range

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
plus if an iranian destroyer was cruising up the eastern US we would be buzzing it with every aircraft in the arsenal
edit on 24-8-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

You maybe right, but find it hard to believe that the average Iranian is a super duper treat. Remember when the US could have helped make a change in Iran during the student demonstrations in 1999? I remember wondering what were we waiting for... Maybe interfering that way isn't expensive enough?

Iranian Student Protests of July, 1999 (Also known as 18th of Tir and Kuye Daneshgah Disaster (Persian: فاجعه کوی دانشگاه‎‎) in Iran) (7–13 July)[1] were, before the 2009 Iranian election protests, the most widespread and violent public protests to occur in Iran since the early years of the Iranian Revolution.[2] The protests began on 8 July with peaceful demonstrations in Tehran against the closure of the reformist newspaper, Salam. Following the demonstrations, a student dormitory was raided by riot police that night during which a student was killed. The raid sparked six days of demonstrations and rioting throughout the country, during which at least three other people were killed and more than 200 injured.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well if Russian and Chinese jets can buzz our destroyers why not Iranian patrol boats? Who's next?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

seeing how international waters would be about 24 miles off the.coast, that would put it within weapons range

The US destroyer was testing Iranian defenses?

Just Iranian boats "harassed" a US destroyer and then links to the Cole.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

So.

When is Obama surrendering?

link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

What should really get everyone's attention is how fast these # measuring contests can get out of control.

If the average American doesn't have a beef with almost any other citizen from around the world. And that is what I believe to be true, then who/why is at the root for all the static?
edit on 24-8-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

link   

K this is how it looks when it works.

The part after the slash

just hit quote to see it in text form
edit on Rpm82416v58201600000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Thanks, I will try that. (but the video in your post didn't work)
edit on 24-8-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Not much if it was twelve miles out in international water.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Obama will say another set of sailors got lost and will apologize while killing US citizens in Pakistan with drones. Nothing to see here, move along.

(post by JaMeDoIt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

USS Cole.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wonder what you do in real life when not trolling?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is the Revolutionary Guard, they are the hardliners of Iran. They are the only thing keeping the slowly fading old regime from being pushed out now by the vast majority of Iranians who like the US and the West and want full ties restored. You basically have the population and the military on on side and the Hartline leadership and the better funded better armed Revolutionary Guard on the other.

The hardliners know time is there enemy as moderates make gains in every election despite all the restrictions the place on them being elected. As more western trade comes into Iran and western culture, they know their time is short. The only way the hardliners see a chance to stay in power is to provoke a US attack without it being to obvious. So the RG will do stuff like this hoping somebody gets trigger happy.

As the power of the hardliners declines you will see more of this hoping that the US will be dumb enough to overreact.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Is this common knowledge, I would welcome a friendly Iran.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So.

When is Obama surrendering?

Hi wouldn't surrender just send them money don't be silly.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You are right....my oversight and I didn't mean to disrespect the brave men who gave their life protecting our country....got assume those boys had eyes on those rag heads and fingers on the triggers.
Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join