It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Madness Strikes Again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well art is art I guess - music and dance are both unique forms. People should be able to express themselves so long as it’s not downright offensive but in this case we do need to keep it in perspective - the tradition does apparently go way back to the old rookeries. Anyway, it’s not the black faces which bother me, it just seems a bit dark but that doesn’t exactly imply it’s demonic or anything, it just makes me cringe a bit sometimes. Gotta say though, the videos I recorded of those guys are pretty good.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

It is difficult to take in, agreed, and gives me a strange, unreal feeling, like I've strayed into an almost identical parallel reality.

Equally crazy is the rise of Afrocentrism in education.

I'm still in shock about a BBC prog I saw not so long back, where a so-called 'expert', breathless with excitement, announced that the one time governor of Britain and Roman emperor, Septimius Severus, was 'black'.

That would have been some feat, being that his mother was white.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

They should sport the Confederate flag.

Put people in shock!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Put people in shock!

Because that makes SO much sense in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Put people in shock!

Because that makes SO much sense in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Neither does #BLM, but they're there also.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

edit on 1WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/Chicago7pmWednesday3pm08 by IllegalName because: Second video added

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Put people in shock!

Neither does #BLM, but they're there also.

Congrats. America is #1 again. You exported something more disgusting than Beiber and Dion. Just out of curiosity. When is America going to concentrate on it's own dying body and leave the rest of the world alone..... as we would LOVE?????

ETA: Our countries didn't exist back then. Hell the landmasses were barely known. And you're throwing that new crap back over? "Over There" is NOT what this meant.
edit on 24-8-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Since I am in charge of the United States of America and am responsible for everything and everyone, I will make a phone call and get it taken care of.

Apologies.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

IMO your irrelevant post will do. The rest will take care of itself. Wanna go again?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

IMO your irrelevant post will do. The rest will take care of itself. Wanna go again?

Nope.

You win.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Tell me again why they should? This is/was not pointed at Blacks as an insult, had nothing to do with them, so why are the snowflakes offended? Or is that they CONSTANTLY look for things to be offended for, on someone else's behalf?
Why should I compromise with the professionally offended? Maybe it's about damn time they were called out for the bullsh** and we tell them to go tale a flying leap if they don't like it.
That's what just burns my ass. Black people didn't take offense at this, but Oh. My. God. the PC Police lose the little minds over some imagined insult [ that only they can see ] and decide to take action.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I agree it's a little silly since it has nothing to do with race at all (unlike those stupid minstrel shows where they traditionally made fun of black people), but since the whole purpose of painting the face was to hide it, couldn't they just paint them a different color? Seems like a simple compromise and would allow the dancers to keep on doing their thing. A dark purple would be beautiful.

Yeah, we should tell a group practicing a 500-year-old cultural tradition that they should just change that to make others feel better about themselves.

Whatever happened to multi-culturalism and all cultures being equal? If this were any of certain other cultures, you would never have made that suggestion.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This has very little to do with PC. It has a lot more do with the people doing the dancing being cowards that don't stick up for themselves.

It's ironic because that's obviously the fighting spirit that the dance is supposed to preserve.
edit on 8/24/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
the examples of ideals is most telling. It's easy to use as a description of Liberal and Conservative.
Who would have thought a 500 year old tradition could teach a modern day paradigm.
Yea, why don't we all just bend over and comply with the will of the PC crowd. It's easier than upholding tradition.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because having that color on their face is soooooo important. But apparently it's not that important that their modern hairstyles are not traditional and their shoes are not traditional and their fishnet stockings are not traditional. I bet the paint isn't even made out of the same kind of stuff that it was 500 years ago, so that's not even traditional either.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sjws true purpose is to destroy our culture and heritage. When we have none left, we will be easier to manipulate or remove from society altogether. Their goal is a communist revolution. Cultural destruction is a particularly communist characteristic.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
the examples of ideals is most telling. It's easy to use as a description of Liberal and Conservative.
Who would have thought a 500 year old tradition could teach a modern day paradigm.
Yea, why don't we all just bend over and comply with the will of the PC crowd. It's easier than upholding tradition.

I always somehow knew that Idiocracy as a movie would
eventually become an ideological movement. All it nee-
ded was more NWO support and under the table funding.

I can't imagine these people complaining for as much of
the day having jobs too... at least in my neck of the woods.
As for sensitivity to 'offense', I really wonder to what
limit single-sided trivialities can get pushed-- before the
majority finally B-slap somebody on camera, and damn
the consequences?
Probably the slapshot heard around the world eh?

What the Hell, counterfeiting has become a global
business model... this is a comparatively short stretch.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, we should tell a group practicing a 500-year-old cultural tradition that they should just change that to make others feel better about themselves.

Whatever happened to multi-culturalism and all cultures being equal?

It would seem that some cultures are more important than others!!

Equality??
Whats that!

If this were any of certain other cultures, you would never have made that suggestion.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Border Morris Dancers have been banned from a Folk Festival, because they apply black paint to their faces.

This tradition is more than 500 years old but it seems to be now offensive to the PC Brigade. Utter madness.

www.shropshirestar.com...

One more time, PC has got nothing to do with PC its all about suppression of free speech.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

They’re pretty good to be fair but I must admit that I find the whole Morris Dancing stuff kinda bizarre really. Freaky actually, it’s almost satanic so I don’t really trust it much.
a reply to: IllegalName

Hardly Satanic my friend ... It is more likely to be Pagan
The dances have meanings too
Britain was once a Celtic Christain nation until it was outlawed by the "Mother Church" of Rome

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join