It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage To Address Trump Rally.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Nope, you haven't proven it's about Brexit, you've articulated why you think it is. That doesn't mean it is.

Why do you keep saying your comments are nothing to do with race and then liken areas in the UK to areas in the Middle East? It's clearly referring to the fact that people of the races found in the Middle East are populating the area in the UK - QED, that's referring to race.

You also assume that the areas have been 'overtaken by Muslims' - what do you mean by overtaken? And you suggest I am emotional? Oh dear.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Nope, you haven't proven it's about Brexit, you've articulated why you think it is. That doesn't mean it is.

Why do you keep saying your comments are nothing to do with race and then liken areas in the UK to areas in the Middle East? It's clearly referring to the fact that people of the races found in the Middle East are populating the area in the UK - QED, that's referring to race.

You also assume that the areas have been 'overtaken by Muslims' - what do you mean by overtaken? And you suggest I am emotional? Oh dear.

I linked, in this thread, to some research on British attitudes taken a few months before the vote.
The majority of British people do not think that Islam is compatible with British values according to the research. If you would like to believe it had nothing to do with Brexit (when immigration was the number one concern in Brexit polling days before the vote) then that is up to you. I, on the other hand, have closed that argument down as covered.

The middle east is not a race. I don't even know what you are talking about. The lack of understanding about racism is startling - but gives some insight as to why you persist in accusing me of it.

'overtaken by Muslims' was the terminology used in the question, which I answered (including the criteria I had interpreted).

You really need to calm down. This thread is not about me.
edit on 30/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Which racist undertones would they be?
Try and be specific. I asked you to be before but you have refused.

I have not claimed to speak for the majority of British people - that was a survey of British people that I linked.

I will remind you that only I have posted links, research and papers and quotes from people who know about these things. So far every single one of your posts on this thread is an attack on another person, lately , me. So no, I am not making this about me and would ask you to stop insulting me.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The member can take it as an attack or not, I couldn't give a toss.
Anyone whining that there are more brown faces on British streets than 30 years ago clearly has general issues with brown faces.
Carefully worded to say 'looks like the middle east' but any sensible and thinking person will see it for what it is, complaining that there are more brown faces on the streets than there used to be.

I'll leave it at that, the member has painted that picture for himself, live by the sword and all that, nothing more needs to be said...I'll leave him to his quest for 'Chrisitan British culture' or whatever social modification plans he has.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
The member can take it as an attack or not, I couldn't give a toss.
Anyone whining that there are more brown faces on British streets than 30 years ago clearly has general issues with brown faces.
Carefully worded to say 'looks like the middle east' but any sensible and thinking person will see it for what it is, complaining that there are more brown faces on the streets than there used to be.

I'll leave it at that, the member has painted that picture for himself, live by the sword and all that, nothing more needs to be said...I'll leave him to his quest for 'Chrisitan British culture' or whatever social modification plans he has.

Where did the comment 'brown faces' come from? It's certainly something I never said. I am actually 'brown' myself so it's odd to be accused of being racist against 'brown' people.

You are not only making false claims about my character, you are now willfully making things up to support these claims.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Nigel Farage To Address Trump Rally....that is the topic!!!

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
Please do not discuss other members....You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So it's just the increase of Muslims that is an issue you feel needs addressing in the UK then?
What are your suggested plans or policies to deal with this alleged problem?

I refer you back to my example of Muslim doctors working for the NHS who are from say Pakistan originally...are they allowed, you know, being Muslim n all?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I've already pointed out that Farage has called for a system to assess the countries' need for immigration. The points system he refers to includes weighting for required skills. I would say skill and resource gaps in the NHS is a key issue to address with immigration, but we should not be allowing migrants into the country who can not contribute.

As I stated early on this is not a Muslim problem especially - it is one of any foreign culture entering a new country in too large a number too quickly (although the biggest problem right now is Muslim immigration exacerbated by the refugee crisis). It takes time to assimilate properly and where the numbers are too high , especially when the migrant population is concentrated into specific areas that change the culture, the need to assimilate is reduced or removed and communities become isolated from others. Unfortunately, that is happening now in the areas that I identified, like Newham.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
it is one of any foreign culture entering a new country in too large a number too quickly (although the biggest problem right now is Muslim immigration exacerbated by the refugee crisis).

How can that be true when the largest non-British population in the country is people from Poland.
Polish shops in most towns now, they don't really integrate in my anecdotal experience, plenty of Czech's and Slovakians in my social circles who have relationships with us Brit's, heck I'm seeing a Czech girl myself, the Pole's though, nope, inter marry among themselves much more.

Do the Poles get a free pass because they are generally all Catholic and not Muslim?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
it is one of any foreign culture entering a new country in too large a number too quickly (although the biggest problem right now is Muslim immigration exacerbated by the refugee crisis).

How can that be true when the largest non-British population in the country is people from Poland.
Polish shops in most towns now, they don't really integrate in my anecdotal experience, plenty of Czech's and Slovakians in my social circles who have relationships with us Brit's, heck I'm seeing a Czech girl myself, the Pole's though, nope, inter marry among themselves much more.

Do the Poles get a free pass because they are generally all Catholic and not Muslim?

Interestingly of course, Farage arguably has displayed racism against Polish people several times - just goes to show someone can show racism against someone of the same colour...... then again, I'm from Polish descent, so he wouldn't like me.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Lol!
I have some good Polish friends and neighbours but when it comes to 'continuation of the bloodline' Poles in my experience especially stick with their own, and I have no problem with that. My Polish mates even tell me they will only marry a Polish girl.

They are the largest non-British demographic on the islands though so I wonder why people aren't bleating about them as much as they do about people from 'Muslim countries'.
Is it really about religion?
The few Muslim folk I know are lovely normal folk who just don't happen to drink alcohol at parties...I know a couple who do MDMA though and they've explained it's because unlike alcohol it cannot be smelled when they go home, they just don't look family elders in the eye!

The whole Muslim=extremist thing is certainly bull# for the absolute majority.
Pity the fear mongers paint a picture from a handful of towns and council boroughs like the UK is under attack.
Lame as # to be honest.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
No, Poles should assimilate into British society too.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

What do mean by assimilate? All the Poles I know speak good English, they just choose to marry amongst themselves, so what.
Their shops sell some fantastic meats and I'm always greeted by a friendly person serving me speaking English.

So which bit of the Polish community/society would you wish be changed? Should they become Anglican Christians and not follow their Polish bloodline while they live work and contribute to the UK economy?

What do you want them to do or conform to exactly?
Not live in the same streets together? Split them up so only one polish family per street?
I'm just throwing guesses out there because I am struggling to understand what exactly it is you want the Poles to do?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Lol!
I have some good Polish friends and neighbours but when it comes to 'continuation of the bloodline' Poles in my experience especially stick with their own, and I have no problem with that. My Polish mates even tell me they will only marry a Polish girl.

They are the largest non-British demographic on the islands though so I wonder why people aren't bleating about them as much as they do about people from 'Muslim countries'.
Is it really about religion?
The few Muslim folk I know are lovely normal folk who just don't happen to drink alcohol at parties...I know a couple who do MDMA though and they've explained it's because unlike alcohol it cannot be smelled when they go home, they just don't look family elders in the eye!

The whole Muslim=extremist thing is certainly bull# for the absolute majority.
Pity the fear mongers paint a picture from a handful of towns and council boroughs like the UK is under attack.
Lame as # to be honest.

The Muslim community have some issues to address in terms of integration as the research I referenced showed. Attitudes towards women, homosexuality, marriage and terrorism are all areas where work needs to be done. The number of Muslims as a percentage of that population who are at odds with core British values is too high. Sympathising with terrorism, as an example, whilst It's a minority of the Muslim community that,1 in 5 is too high, especially with the refugee crisis in Europe.

To be fair I have not seen Polish attitudes towards terrorism in research, but I suspect the number of Poles who sympathise with terrorism is a lot lower.

As I have said, fear mongering with facts is not really possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join