It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage To Address Trump Rally.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well you show your racism clearly, I don't need to claim it, when someone complains about the fact there are a lot more non white faces in Birmingham than 30 years ago it's fairly obvious what your actual point is. Get off the box you appear to think is the high ground, you're just a sad little individual.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Well you show your racism clearly, I don't need to claim it, when someone complains about the fact there are a lot more non white faces in Birmingham than 30 years ago it's fairly obvious what your actual point is. Get off the box you appear to think is the high ground, you're just a sad little individual.

Just more ad hominems.
Perhaps you could point out any point I made that is racist.
No 'non-white' faces were mentioned. You did that.
I am 'non-white' and I embrace British culture, which is what Farage talks about. All immigrants should assimilate into the country of the society they are joining.
Now cite the actual evidence of your claim or run along.

edit on 29/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I am 'non-white' and I embrace British culture, which is what Farage talks about. All immigrants should assimilate into the country of the society they are joining.

What is that supposed to mean then exactly...assimilate?
Become Christian, renounce faith in Islam? Please do explain, I'm all ears.

I don't believe in any gods, does that go against your idea of 'British' culture as well?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

What is that supposed to mean then exactly...assimilate?
Become Christian, renounce faith in Islam? Please do explain, I'm all ears.

I don't believe in any gods, does that go against your idea of 'British' culture as well?

Assimilate

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

No, what exactly does that mean with regard to your personal opinions on Muslims migrating to the UK?
Say a doctor in the NHS from Pakistan originally who follows the Islamic faith?

...what did YOU mean exactly, and specifically regarding Muslims?
edit on 29.8.2016 by grainofsand because: Removed ad-hominem

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

No, what exactly does that mean with regard to your personal opinions on Muslims migrating to the UK?

UKTruth can school you on this without my help.
But a second opinion wouldn't hurt seeing as the ones I've read so far are purely driven by over emotional individuals.
As seen here...

Get off the box you appear to think is the high ground, you're just a sad little individual

Okay assimilation 101.
When you move from an inferior culture that throws gays from roofs and the rape of children is promoted then assimilation is needed. How is all this so complex for you all to grasp? Calling a culture inferior because they do those things in not racist!! It's not Islamophobic either! Doesn't matter if it's religious driven or socially driven. It's not acceptable!!

Those kind of practices are not allowed in western countries period. Therefore if you believe in these things or god forbid practice them you either assimilate or you don't get let in simple as that. There is this thing called "separation of church and state" that doesn't require a national religion. Just because christian beliefs tend to be more pronounced in western nations doesn't make it a requirement. The remaining Christians in the middle east will tell you how important this separation is.
This is NOT how you properly debate someone.

specifically regarding Muslims that you wet your pants about?

In regards to the OP.
Nigel slayed it in his speech.
edit on 29-8-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

So regarding the Muslim doctor in the NHS who is originally from say Pakistan, are you saying he/she should renounce their faith in Islam, or not. Please address that particular question regarding your interpretation of assimilation.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

No ad hominem, I was referring to your post that said -

When I drive into the city from the south I pass areas that are simply nothing at all like England from 30 years ago. They are now muslim towns that would not look out of place in a run of the mill middle eastern city.

And the fact at that point I questioned how you would know it's a muslim town to which you didn't respond. The inference of your post was extremely clear even if you resist coming out and making your racist views explicit.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

If you have taken the time to read the full thread you would understand why I used the phrase 'sad little individual'. It wasn't over emotional, it's my opinion based on the attitude shown, rather like you assuming it's a default 'muslim thing' for homosexuals to be thrown off roofs or promotion of child rape'. Are you really so uneducated that you think that both are common place in every country classed as muslim, or are you just being over emotional?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

No ad hominem, I was referring to your post that said -

When I drive into the city from the south I pass areas that are simply nothing at all like England from 30 years ago. They are now muslim towns that would not look out of place in a run of the mill middle eastern city.

And the fact at that point I questioned how you would know it's a muslim town to which you didn't respond. The inference of your post was extremely clear even if you resist coming out and making your racist views explicit.

I see. So, as I expected, you have no basis at all. What I said was true.
There are streets in some places around Birmingham that would look totally at home in some cities in the ME. They look nothing like England, not even the language on the shop fronts. Simple fact.
This was a point made to answer a question on whether there were areas of England that had been taken over by Muslims and as I have shown, the answer is 100% yes.

You omitted what I said IN THE SAME POST.

Frankly it is just the way things are and not really a Muslim thing, it's just when you bring in too many people of different cultures who are not interested in assimilating, the host nations' culture will eventually die out.

Face it, you had to reach very far to meet my challenge of finding something 'racist' and you failed (by the way, racism has nothing to do with religion, anyway).

Your inability to debate without throwing around insults is your own problem to address. Try and keep your emotions in check. It's good advice, and you should reflect before choosing to react to it.

edit on 30/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

So again, can you explain exactly how you want Muslims to 'assimilate' in the UK. What is it you think they are not doing but you would wish them to?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

So again, can you explain exactly how you want Muslims to 'assimilate' in the UK. What is it you think they are not doing but you would wish them to?

I have already given you the definition of assimilation (commonly used in relation to immigration). Go ahead and find out more on your own time about assimilation theory. A simple start is for immigrants to learn the language. Some 20+% of Muslim women, for example, speak little or no English. We're not talking about making everyone eat fish and chips here, just the absolute basics of living in this country.

Here is Trevor Phillips take on the subject:

Britain is at risk of sleepwalking towards "catastrophe" because of "squeamishness" and complacency about diversity, an influential former human rights watchdog has warned.

Trevor Phillips painted a grim picture of community tension and conflict unless a "more muscular" approach to integration is adopted in place of the existing "laissez-faire" attitude. In an essay titled Race And Faith: The Deafening Silence, he delivers a startling and at times blistering critique, attacking liberal "prevarications" and "self-delusion".

The former head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission also calls for a string of measures including a duty to integrate on educational institutions and an overhaul of freedom of expression laws.

In a stark warning, Mr Phillips writes: "In my view, squeamishness about addressing diversity and its discontents risks allowing our country to sleepwalk to a catastrophe that will set community against community, endorse sexist aggression, suppress freedom of expression, reverse hard-won civil liberties, and undermine the liberal democracy that has served this country so well for so long. "Worst of all it may destroy popular support for the values that have, in my opinion, characterised the greatest political advances in my lifetime: equality and solidarity."

He adds: "Any attempt to ask whether aspects of minority disadvantage may be self-inflicted is denounced as 'blaming the victim'. Instead, we prefer to answer any difficult questions by focusing on the historic prejudices of the dominant majority. In short, it's all about white racism. "This stance just won't do any more. In fact, in today's superdiverse society, it is dangerously misguided." There is "no shortage of public condemnation of 'racism'", the paper says, referring to complaints about discriminatory behaviour, the "alleged fear of backlash against Muslims after each terrorist incident", campaigns to remove symbols of colonialism, and social media campaigns against "supposedly offensive" language.

However, these are not the topics that generate public unease, according to Mr Phillips. "Rather it is the appearance of non-English names above the shop-fronts in the high street; the odd decision to provide only halal meat in some schools; evidence of corruption in municipal politics dominated by one ethnic group or another," he writes. "Such headlines, frequently misreported, but often grounded in some real change, provoke muttering in the pub, or grumbling at the school gate. They become gathering straws in a stiffening breeze of nativist, anti-immigrant sentiment. "And still, our political and media elites appear not to have scented this new wind. We maintain a polite silence masked by noisily debated public fictions such as 'multiculturalism' and 'community cohesion'. "Rome may not yet be in flames, but I think I can smell the smouldering whilst we hum to the music of liberal self-delusion."

I suppose you think Trevor Philips is racist and bigoted too?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

So just learn English then? Okay, and your link is kind of irrelevant no mention of assimilation at all, just talk of foreign names on shop signs, halal meat in majority Muslim schools, and corruption in local government....plenty of that in non Muslim councils.

Learn English is all you have lol

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You really aren't proving a point here, you seem to sidestep the argument put forward because you don't want to answer the point honestly?

Exactly how do some places in Birmingham look like cities in the middle east, and more to the point how can you not make that statement and yet with your other face say you are not talking about race? Your inability to make a coherent response that doesn't contradict itself is really your problem. I'm not sure why you think I'm being emotional - I understand that's your way of deflecting.

More to the point, this is nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit so I guess we should stop the thread drift.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

So just learn English then? Okay, and your link is kind of irrelevant no mention of assimilation at all, just talk of foreign names on shop signs, halal meat in majority Muslim schools, and corruption in local government....plenty of that in non Muslim councils.

I said it was a start (which you know). Use your research skills to find out more about Assimilation.
As for the quoted text from Trevor Phillips, I think it's pretty clear and you can find out more by doing some work on the report he published.

I particularly like where he said:

We maintain a polite silence masked by noisily debated public fictions such as 'multiculturalism' and 'community cohesion'. "Rome may not yet be in flames, but I think I can smell the smouldering whilst we hum to the music of liberal self-delusion

You have no leg to stand on, either in any of your arguments or any of you ad hominem attacks.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Nope, you are the one banging on about assimilation and all you've got is that immigrants learn the host language. That of course is sensible.

Then you go on about research for yourself lol! No, what else have YOU got in your grand assimilation desires? I say you have nothing or whatever you have got you refuse to share for unknown reasons.
You know, this being a discussion site n all.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I said it was a start (which you know). Use your research skills to find out more about Assimilation.
As for the quoted text from Trevor Phillips, I think it's pretty clear and you can find out more by doing some work on the report he published.

We maintain a polite silence masked by noisily debated public fictions such as 'multiculturalism' and 'community cohesion'. "Rome may not yet be in flames, but I think I can smell the smouldering whilst we hum to the music of liberal self-delusion

You have no leg to stand on, either in any of your arguments or any of you ad hominem attacks.

Why do you keep deflecting to other people's opinions and definitions?
Why are you avoiding actually answering anything regarding your seemingly racist statements earlier in the thread?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You really aren't proving a point here, you seem to sidestep the argument put forward because you don't want to answer the point honestly?

Exactly how do some places in Birmingham look like cities in the middle east, and more to the point how can you not make that statement and yet with your other face say you are not talking about race? Your inability to make a coherent response that doesn't contradict itself is really your problem. I'm not sure why you think I'm being emotional - I understand that's your way of deflecting.

More to the point, this is nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit so I guess we should stop the thread drift.

It is partly to do with Brexit as I have already proven - read back for links.

Language and religious culture is not a racial topic, so crying racism is false and also ignorant to what racism actually is.
The streets I am talking about are those that are almost exclusively adorned in foreign language (written and spoken) and cultural clothing along with places of worship largely catering to the Islam faith (which makes sense because the population that area is almost exclusively Islamic). It is a simple fact that these places, though small in number and area, look more like the ME than England and represent an area in England that has been overtaken by Muslims... which was the question asked in the first place.

The fact you can call me incoherent based on your horrible misunderstanding of the issue of racism tells me you are letting your emotional responses get the better of you.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Nope, you are the one banging on about assimilation and all you've got is that immigrants learn the host language. That of course is sensible.

Then you go on about research for yourself lol! No, what else have YOU got in your grand assimilation desires? I say you have nothing or whatever you have got you refuse to share for unknown reasons.
You know, this being a discussion site n all.

I see you are dismissing the paper by Trevor Williams, the former chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
Figures. You might like to read his comments more carefully.

As far as assimilation is concerned (it's actually you banging on about it - I mentioned it twice in the whole thread which seemed to draw some kind of strange reaction to a common term). Like I said it is a very common word in the lexicon of words used in relation to immigration. It does cover language of course, but it also covers a number of areas that Mr Phillips discusses in his paper. The paper he wrote covers areas like attitudes towards social issues that have developed over a long time in this country. Homosexuality is one. The treatment and social standing of women is another. The sanctity of marriage is yet another. If you read the research it is based on and stopped the personal attacks you might have realised that the comments by Mr Phillips were in response to a study done on Muslims in Britain, with some very worrying responses to key issues that show there is still much work to do.

I am not interested in engaging further if all you have is snark and insults.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Why do you keep deflecting to other people's opinions and definitions?
Why are you avoiding actually answering anything regarding your seemingly racist statements earlier in the thread?

Which opinion have I ignored? I have countered all opinions with facts and links
Which questions am I ignoring?

Instead of an empty post, be specific.

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join