It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Nuclear Constables Need Our Support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The Civil Nuclear Police Federation which represents 1250 police officers will ask the High Court to determine whether or not its members are "members of a police service" for the purposes of Section 10 of the 2013 Public Services Pensions Act and therefore entitled to the same retirement age as the rest of the UK Police service.

. . .

Under all other relevant legislation the CNC is defined as a police service and our officers are fully attested constables at law.
www.civilnuclearpolicefederation.org.uk...

Chief executive of the Civil Nuclear Police Federation Nigel Dennis said it was “regrettable” that it had been forced to take legal action.

He said: “As yet we have been unable to get a decision from government to accept our professionally-supported argument that it is almost physically impossible for a CNC officer to serve beyond 60.

“What seems not to be understood is that our members are fully-trained authorised firearms officers. The high standards of physical fitness and weapon proficiency are mandatory throughout a career in the CNC and are increasingly difficult to maintain as officers age.

“This makes our force unique within UK policing, as in other forces firearms officers can relinquish their weapon authorisation at any time and all UK officers can retire at 60, a decision made by the present Prime Minister Theresa May when Home Secretary in 2011.

“As a police force the CNC is the fittest body in the UK because of our role in protecting nuclear assets and our more recently acquired role of protecting the wider public against terrorist outrages.”

“ It makes no sense that we should be saddled through inappropriate legislation with a retirement age which we have little or no hope of reaching. Neither can I believe that the public will feel protected if eventually we have aggressively-armed police officers in their mid-60s being deployed against terrorists.”

www.energyvoice.com...

This stinks.

As yet we have been unable to get a decision from government to accept our professionally-supported argument that it is almost physically impossible for a CNC officer to serve beyond 60.

If the government are failing to accept the professionally supported argument they must have some nasty motive. Like wanting to have a nuclear protection force who aren't sworn constables. Then they could do anything they wanted with the extremely dangerous radioactive material.

The nuclear constables need our support. It's difficult to think of a more vital job.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
“ It makes no sense that we should be saddled through inappropriate legislation with a retirement age which we have little or no hope of reaching".

65-68 years of age..?
edit on 24-8-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

They should actually have an earlier retirement option not a later one so I absolutely agree with you Kester.

In there role they patrol highly dangerous area's and protect the country from nuclear terrorists whom would seek to steal radioactive material's or to sabotage our nuclear facility's and this bring's them into area's with higher radiation than they would otherwise encounter, after a mere 10 years most of them have recieved a far higher dosage of radiation than the legal lifetime accepted level's which any one may legally be exposed too but this tend's to be shoved under the carpet.

So instead of recieving thank's from the government for working in a highly toxic environment which can not only poison them but also there familys and cause generational problem's through chromosone damage this Tory Government want's to force them to work longer and receive even more poison, nothing that we would not expect from the like's of the Tory party eh, after all they see the working class be they policemen or indeed anyone on less than a hundred thousand pound a year salary as disposable vermin which is actually an odd Freudian twist as indeed if anyone is vermin it is themselves whom are gnawing at the fabric of society in order to fill there own appetite's and greed.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's like everything else these days, they are in meltdown.

But the OP is right. Put it this way, if you joined the constabulary, completed your training, and the boss said you are going to a nuclear establishment, (not that is the way it works...but) it's likely you'd say feck away off.
So there is an area of special consideration.

edit on 24-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well, some public sector silos have very lucrative pension terms, including very early retirement options. As a tax payer I am pleased to see normalisation.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, some public sector silos have very lucrative pension terms, including very early retirement options. As a tax payer I am pleased to see normalisation.

So poor pay and poor pension.

Maybe we should privatise the lot and be done with it?

Edit- I suppose the money to pay for the wars and the bail out of the banks has to come from somewhere?
edit on 24/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Damn you are Tory through and through.

Just how much is the weekly pay of a Nuclear copper and final pension per week.? I asked because i genuinly dont know.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
the tories idea to work everyone to death will become apparent even to their own voters soon enough.
however the murdoch press will tell them to vote blue again, and they will.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Just how much is the weekly pay of a Nuclear copper and final pension per week.? I asked because i genuinly dont know.

Here are the starting salary figures

Dounreay, Dungeness, Sellafield, Harwell, Hunterston, Sizewell and Torness Entry point salary £23,025 (rising to £25,700 after training)

cnc.jobs...

Shift work involved as the reactors need policing 24Hrs a day.

They pay a contribution from their salary into the pension fund and the Government pay a contribution. There are no gilt edged pensions in the civil or public services, unless you are a M.P or a top Civil Servant.

They had to find the money for the wars from somewhere and pensions was a good starting point. They then had to find money to bail out the banks and services took a hit.

You don't get rich working in Public Service, unless you are a crook.

edit on 24/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: To add link

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Here are the starting salary figures

Dounreay, Dungeness, Sellafield, Harwell, Hunterston, Sizewell and Torness Entry point salary £23,025 (rising to £25,700 after training)

cnc.jobs...

Shift work involved as the reactors need policing 24Hrs a day.

They pay a contribution from their salary into the pension fund and the Government pay a contribution. There are no gilt edged pensions in the civil or public services, unless you are a M.P or a top Civil Servant.

They had to find the money for the wars from somewhere and pensions was a good starting point. They then had to find money to bail out the banks and services took a hit.

You don't get rich working in Public Service, unless you are a crook.

Ok, another question based on this from the site you linked.. "You will be required to achieve medical and fitness standards as part of the application process, and these must be maintained and demonstrated throughout your career with the CNC".

How long are you supposed to be in active service before you are entitled to a pension..22 years? 25 years? 30 years or more? once again genuine question and i ask because surely they dont expect a employee to be as fit at 68 as he was at 18 when he first joined the service. Surely they must have a cut off service point like the Police or the Army or the fire brigade.? 22 years in the Army and you can collect a pension, so if you join the Army at 17 say you could very well retire at 39 with a Army pension. Is it the same for CNC's.?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Compare that to the BTP salary's, the BTP are paid at a national rate and of course are responsible for a wide range of dutys' mainly in relation to railway's and also to port's, given that there job spans multiple county's they are therefore not paid a regional salary like other police officers but one based on the average salary for a police force across the country.
www.glassdoor.co.uk...

Ok they deal with drunk's, fair dodgers, vandal's, anti social behavior and more serious crime but they are not being exposed to harmful radiation on a daily basis.

Though it look's attractive to most people therefore the salary of the Nuclear Police even if there job is more like a security officer (with a gun) is actually woefully inadequate and the fact they are in a toxic environment should mean that they should also recieve a danger money boost and be paid at least another 10k per anum.

It is all down to greed mate, the money is there but it goes into the grubby little hand's of a group of what can safely be called international fraudster's, racketeer's and thieves.

edit on 25-8-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I have done remuneration statistics and can say that there is often a big difference between basic pay for a bog-standard nine to five worker, and a person working shifts and attracting allowances. In other words, the basic pay of the average policeman is not reflective of what they actually earn.

Anyway, regardless of earnings, the OP is about the very attractive pensions of some parts of the public sector - in this case police who protect nuclear facilities.

EDIT TO ADD that the only profession immune from encroachment on their attractive pension arrangements are our elected politicians. Ho hum!
edit on 26/8/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join