It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump spent $55K in donations on copies of his book

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: matafuchs
Where does it say it is illegal? He is not taking funds from his campaign. He is not taking money and putting it in his bank account. That you cannot do.

However, purchasing a book that you have written. You are paying full price. You are paying to the vendor. You then get money for the sale of your book. What, if running for president you cannot buy and give a copy of your own book?

Buy from the distributor to make it cheaper? Why, it would still be 'illegal' as you state.
Jacking up sales numbers? He is 14,813th on the Amazon list.

Finally, why is it ok to pay a spouse from your coffer but you cannot buy your own book to give away?

and, if I was a DNC donor, I would be more worried about the 280 million in TV ads that has done nothing instead of 55k to get people ready my policies.

Stop lying because it is completely illegal. Stop lying for Trump. Why do you constantly lie for him? We all see you and you're fooling no one.

www.thedailybeast.com...

FEC rules dictate the Republican nominee must forgo royalties on the book’s sales, or else the $55,000 purchase at Barnes & Noble was illegal.

It's only illegal if the royalties went into Trump's pocket.
Can you post confirmation of this?

Not saying they didn't, but you will need some confirmation before you accuse others of lying... at least I hope you would.

Course I can't confirm anything, unless it's reported in the media. But I can deduce that Trump either planned on pocketing the royalties or he's a moron and decided to buy over 3k copies from Barnes and Nobel. Now that his dirty or dumb laundry has been aired it's obvious he will be donating it to charity, probably his own charity. So let's watch for that, what does Trump do with the money?

edit on 24-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If it were this alone you'd have a point.

"Just a good business man"... or a good thief.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Where does it say it is illegal? He is not taking funds from his campaign. He is not taking money and putting it in his bank account. That you cannot do.

However, purchasing a book that you have written. You are paying full price. You are paying to the vendor. You then get money for the sale of your book. What, if running for president you cannot buy and give a copy of your own book?

Buy from the distributor to make it cheaper? Why, it would still be 'illegal' as you state.

Finally, why is it ok to pay a spouse from your coffer but you cannot buy your own book to give away?

and, if I was a DNC donor, I would be more worried about the 280 million in TV ads that has done nothing instead of 55k to get people ready my policies.

Stop lying because it is completely illegal. Stop lying for Trump. Why do you constantly lie for him? We all see you and you're fooling no one.

www.thedailybeast.com...

FEC rules dictate the Republican nominee must forgo royalties on the book’s sales, or else the $55,000 purchase at Barnes & Noble was illegal.

Not saying they didn't, but you will need some confirmation before you accuse others of lying... at least I hope you would.

Course I can't confirm anything, unless it's reported in the media. But I can deduce that Trump either planned on pocketing the royalties or he's a moron and decided to buy over 3k copies from Barnes and Nobel. Now that his dirty or dumb laundry has been aired it's obvious he will be donating it to charity, probably his own charity. So let's watch for that, what does Trump do with the money?

OK so you are speculating and casting judgement. I don't think that is such a problem as long as the speculation and judgement of other issues is handled in the same way. If we put our speculations together then we have Trump the pick pocket and Clinton the global terrorist and master criminal.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Indigo5

It seems like he's running for President just to get rid of his debt.

Considering his FEC filings also list multiple payments from his campaign to American Express for a Million Dollars a pop with no itemization, you might be right.

His supporters keep aping that he has Billions but everyone agrees he has exaggerated his worth and supporters don't seem to understand the difference between assets and liabilities. I think he is under-water. He owes more than he is worth and his dwindling revenue streams can't cover the debt payments. That is why he is living off donor cash and Trump foundation cash etc.

The New York Times published on Saturday a detailed analysis of Donald Trump's business dealings and found that his real estate holdings are racked in debt and he owes money to some organizations he has consistently criticized on the campaign trail.

The report into the "financial maze" of Trump's business dealings found that companies he owns have accrued $650 million in debt.

www.redstate.com...

If the NY Times can scrounge around and find 650 Million in outstanding debt he is paying on with interest..without Trump opening up any of his books, then no doubt the real number is much higher.
edit on 24-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

One might say 'businessman" and "thief" are pretty descriptive of the same thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

www.thedailybeast.com...

If we put our speculations together then we have Trump the pick pocket and Clinton the global terrorist and master criminal.

Except only one of the two is the subject of the OP?

You really seem in capable of staying on topic.

There are a multitude of Clinton threads where you can debate the veracity of her being a "Global Terrorist".

Do you know how to find topics on ATS?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Considering his FEC filings also list multiple payments from his campaign to American Express for a Million Dollars a pop with no itemization, you might be right.

His supporters keep aping that he has Billions but everyone agrees he has exaggerated his worth and supporters don't seem to understand the difference between assets and liabilities. I think he is under-water. He owes more than he is worth and his dwindling revenue streams can't cover the debt payments. That is why he is living off donor cash and Trump foundation cash etc.

The New York Times published on Saturday a detailed analysis of Donald Trump's business dealings and found that his real estate holdings are racked in debt and he owes money to some organizations he has consistently criticized on the campaign trail.

The report into the "financial maze" of Trump's business dealings found that companies he owns have accrued $650 million in debt.

www.redstate.com...

If the NY Times can scrounge around and find 650 Million in outstanding debt he is paying on with interest..without Trump opening up any of his books, then no doubt the real number is much higher.

$650m debt is perfectly acceptable for a large real estate business the size of Trump's. Interest payments are a fraction of the $500m of revenue reported to the FEC. Trump could be lying about revenues of course, but again that is speculation. The $650m 'debt' story has gained almost no traction because it's nonsense. It's like saying a family paying off a mortgage easily is in trouble due to debt.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

One might say 'businessman" and "thief" are pretty descriptive of the same thing.

Trump might say that with pride, but the masses of "businessmen" I work with would be offended being likened to a con-man like Trump.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

www.thedailybeast.com...

If we put our speculations together then we have Trump the pick pocket and Clinton the global terrorist and master criminal.

There are a multitude of Clinton threads where you can debate the veracity of her being a "Global Terrorist".

Is there a rule that you can't talk about 'Clinton' on a 'Trump' thread? One would have thought that the comparison between issues, actions and candidates is pretty important leading up to an election.

It happens on Clinton threads too - here's you talking about Trump on a Clinton thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It's really amusing that you and Trump supporters don't see anything wrong with this. Now imagine if Hillary did the same exact thing? Oh what an uproar there would be on ATS!

But Trump continues to skate with conservatives. Shocking!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It's really amusing that you and Trump supporters don't see anything wrong with this. Now imagine if Hillary did the same exact thing? Oh what an uproar there would be on ATS!

I potentially see something wrong with it if he pocketed the royalties, like I said I think it would be a silly thing to do.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

www.redstate.com...

$650m debt is perfectly acceptable for a large real estate business the size of Trump's. Interest payments are a fraction of the $500m of revenue reported to the FEC.

OK...Revenues & Expenses vs. Assets & Liabilities.

He claimed 500 M in Revenues on his disclosure...he did NOT disclose expenses.

Revenues-expenses equals profit or cash in pocket.

His annual expenses on those properties and loan payments exceed 500M.

For the past couple years Trump was granted a tax break by NYC for those making less than 250k in income.

The difference between Liabilities and Assets is net worth.

From just the stuff the NYT could find he has at least 650 M in debt he is making payments on.

edit on 24-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I potentially see something wrong with it if he pocketed the royalties, like I said I think it would be a silly thing to do.

Oh..Silly, silly Trump! That little rascal stealing other people's money again!

I really do appreciate the hypocritical standards Trump supporters employ.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

www.redstate.com...

$650m debt is perfectly acceptable for a large real estate business the size of Trump's. Interest payments are a fraction of the $500m of revenue reported to the FEC.

For the past couple years Trump was granted a tax break by NYC for those making less than 250k in income.

From just the stuff the NYT could find he has at least 650 M in debt he is making payments on.

Can you point me to the source you are using for Trump's detailed expenses to show his business making a loss.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Oh..Silly, silly Trump! That little rascal stealing other people's money again!

I really do appreciate the hypocritical standards Trump supporters employ.

Silly in that I will assume that he just bought some books for the convention without understanding FEC rules.
What's more likely , that he was so desperate for cash that he schemed up a way of getting hold of about $20k OR he simply bought some books in the incorrect way?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

www.thedailybeast.com...

Is there a rule that you can't talk about 'Clinton' on a 'Trump' thread? One would have thought that the comparison between issues, actions and candidates is pretty important leading up to an election.

It happens on Clinton threads too - here's you talking about Trump on a Clinton thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Odd post of mine you cited...I was not discussing Trump as a topic on a Clinton thread...Someone asked about why Clinton still had security clearance and I pointed out that either Trump or Clinton or anyone will receive security clearances without vetting once elected.

That is a very strange citation...Wishing you clarity in thought.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

www.redstate.com...

Can you point me to the source you are using for Trump's detailed expenses to show his business making a loss.

I can do that the minute he releases his tax returns..

Oh yah..that's right..he refuses to...hmmmm

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It also resulted in bumping his book onto the best sellers list.

It's just him doing his own fake publicity again. Like when he pretended to be someone else on the phone telling journalists all kinds of stuff about how great he is.

When will you people wake up to the fact he's a scammer, a slick fork tongued Bullsh*t artist Businessman!!!!

I don't get it. He was known publicly as being a shady businessman and a liar way back in the 80's even. How can people still not be seeing this for what it is????? I'm living in crazy town!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Then there's his charities that don't seem to actually pay out very much of the dollars they raise.

#cuzreasons

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join