It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't blame animals for your stupidity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Animals do not live by the same rules as humanity does. They don't lock people in cages or zoos. They don't build houses on your land. There is always this outcry when someone gets mauled or bitten by an animal. The gorilla gets blamed when a kid falls into their habitat at a zoo where they are being held captive? A shark gets blamed for biting the arm off of some flailing idiot thrashing around in their water? An alligator takes all the heat because some moron thought it was a good idea to build a theme park in their swamp? An elephant stomps your car while you are riding on a safari? A pit bull gets euthanized because you thought it was a good idea to have it as a pet around small children?

The news is full of stories involving animals that did something to a human, but what about all the dumb things we have done to them? I am tired of the animals getting blamed for the stupidity of humans.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They should not be blamed this is true. But of course people gets upset about such things. Afterall we are animals of this Earth as well.

Animals lower on the food chain get upset at us when we harm their own. They seem to accept it though as they understand it is nature.

We get pissy because we think we should always be on top. I also dont see much of this 'blaming' you speak of save for maybe your last example about the pit bull. These stories simply get reported on. The facts of what happened are presented. Usually ends with humans seeking said animal and putting it down but what do you expect? The reporters dont say oh well you 'naughty animal.'

We know why it happened. People realize it is their nature. Does not stop vengence though.

If other animals evolve far enough you can bet your ass they will be coming seeking retaliation on us.
edit on 24-8-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Intelligence is a subjective label given to something by external comparisons. Everything is capable of some form of stupidity, and if you were the only person alive you would judge yourself the smartest person alive and not the dumbest, though you are in reality both.

My real point is that when anything does something stupid, it is probably funny if they don't get hurt. When humans act out of fear and ignorance and hurt animals, that is wrong and I must agree humans should not blame the animals.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ohh I understand completely.. I seen this video the other day of a guy being eaten by a lion and when the police or whoever it was finally got there they shot the lion with a pistol, about 5 times, then they went in the cage and grab the guy being eaten and the lion was still alive moaning loudly.. that really pissed me off, they should of just let the dumb fu**er be ate. I felt for the lion, beautiful creation.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
ohh I understand completely.. I seen this video the other day of a guy being eaten by a lion and when the police or whoever it was finally got there they shot the lion with a pistol, about 5 times, then they went in the cage and grab the guy being eaten and the lion was still alive moaning loudly.. that really pissed me off, they should of just let the dumb fu**er be ate. I felt for the lion, beautiful creation.

Yeah, lets take a hike in the wilderness looking for bears and then get angry because the bear is protecting her cubs and swipes your face off, right? Or lets go on a safari and get pissed because the rhino charges you and sticks the horn where the sun don't shine, gee wonder why they had the audacity to think they had a right to be left alone on their turf.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Oh look at the tigers, they are so pretty, let's see if we can get close and pet it. oooops, tiger thinks you are food. Stupidity is being kind. The arrogance of humans to think they can just do whatever they want, whenever they want and not have bad things happen to them because the animals should know better than to attack when provoked. Don'y want to get eaten by a shark, stay out of their home turf. Don't want to get chewed up and spit out by an alligator stay away from their home. Don't want to get mauled by a lion, stay out of their home.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Six alligators were later captured and euthanized in order to find the animal that had attacked Lane Graves.

Really? The alligators had to die because they had the misfortune of living near Disney? The father of the boy should be the one put down for letting his kid be anywhere near the water where alligators are known to exist in their own natural habitat. It sucks what happened to this kid, but it was not the alligators fault.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

We're taught that zoos and such are perfectly normal but in reality they are cruel and sick. People think it's fine that these animals are put there for our selfish entertainment. These animals are depressed. It is wrong to deprive them of their natural habitats. Animals get treated like crap all around. Most people are so blind or just can't break away from what they were brought up thinking is normal. We humans think we are superior to everything and that it's ok to use and abuse things if it benefits us. It's sad that society can't empathize with animals and see the pain people cause. We treat animals like dirt and then the second an animal does something to us, even in a bad environment that we created, we feel it deserves death.

I'm also thinking about how it's crazy that people think it's normal to keep birds in cages. How does that make sense?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Afterall we are animals of this Earth as well.

Lol I think if it went to court the earth would deny ever producing us out of pure shame.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I agree with everything you said except this part:

They don't build houses on your land.

Many members of the animal kingdom are labeled "pests" specifically because they set up homes on "our" property (like mice, rats, roaches, termites, carpenter bees, wasps, ants, moles, snakes, etc).

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Plenty of times in the wild animals compete and kill each other for territory, in other words, they kill or attempt to kill each other for setting up homes on each other's turf.

Do you think that one male lion is blaming the other for his stupidity even as he's killing him for either holding a territory (house) he desires or for raiding a territory (house) he currently holds?

No, it's just nature.

I will never understand why people persist in thinking that we humans are outside of nature for some reason. We have our territories and we hold and defend them same as any other in the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

No, you built a house on their land. But I am glad you agree with the rest.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Plenty of times in the wild animals compete and kill each other for territory, in other words, they kill or attempt to kill each other for setting up homes on each other's turf.

Do you think that one male lion is blaming the other for his stupidity even as he's killing him for either holding a territory (house) he desires or for raiding a territory (house) he currently holds?

No, it's just nature.

I will never understand why people persist in thinking that we humans are outside of nature for some reason. We have our territories and we hold and defend them same as any other in the world.

We are supposed to be more intelligent, as we have shown we are not. What animals do in their own habitat is their business, what humans do in the animals habitat and blame on the animals is ridiculous. My OP is clearly stated, if you think you can do better by all means. You pretty much totally disregarded everything I wrote, thanks for stopping by.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll

We're taught that zoos and such are perfectly normal but in reality they are cruel and sick. People think it's fine that these animals are put there for our selfish entertainment. These animals are depressed. It is wrong to deprive them of their natural habitats. Animals get treated like crap all around. Most people are so blind or just can't break away from what they were brought up thinking is normal. We humans think we are superior to everything and that it's ok to use and abuse things if it benefits us. It's sad that society can't empathize with animals and see the pain people cause. We treat animals like dirt and then the second an animal does something to us, even in a bad environment that we created, we feel it deserves death.

I'm also thinking about how it's crazy that people think it's normal to keep birds in cages. How does that make sense?

Yep on the bird one, too. Take your kid to the zoo? I am ashamed I ever did. My kid used to love the zoo, but if he fell into a gorilla pit and both he and I got attacked because I was stupid enough to A) let him get close enough to fall in and B) for going in to try and save him, then I damn sure don't think the gorilla should be shot and killed, especially since it was forced to be there in the first place.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Don't blame humans when we bite back.
We are in charge.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

Yep on the bird one, too. Take your kid to the zoo? I am ashamed I ever did. My kid used to love the zoo, but if he fell into a gorilla pit and both he and I got attacked because I was stupid enough to A) let him get close enough to fall in and B) for going in to try and save him, then I damn sure don't think the gorilla should be shot and killed, especially since it was forced to be there in the first place.

Exactly. No, I don't have kids and if I did we wouldn't be going to a zoo. We wouldn't go to the circus either. I'd teach them to love and empathize with animals. I 'd use alternative ways to educate them about animals.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Okay, can't wait to see how that works out for you when you come across a bear in your backyard.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

Exactly. No, I don't have kids and if I did we wouldn't be going to a zoo. We wouldn't go to the circus either. I'd teach them to love and empathize with animals. I 'd use alternative ways to educate them about animals.

Oh my the circus, sad that having childhood memories is tied to animals being tortured like that.

new topics

top topics

join