It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I created the burkini to give women freedom, not to take it away

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think its a stupid COSTUME.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Banning this is a form of banning freedom of expression, and I am totally against it.

I'm against it too - anybody that pretends to be about freedom should recognize it for what it is. Denying freedom of expression to a specific group

It's also a public humiliation being doled out by people that can't punish everybody for the crimes of a few

It's disgusting. It should also make everyone in France very afraid - but it doesn't. It just feels too good

The French Taliban

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
As a muslim I will say this. The Quran does not require you to wear a burka , hijab or anything like that. It says to dress modestly and to cover your private parts. Nowhere does it say that you have to cover yourself like a ninja. It irritates me to no end that for the past 1000 years Islam has been under the control of hadithists. They have made the Quran a secondary source and give more relevance to crap they call hadith written 200 years after Mohd's death.

These hadithists do not want to integrate in any society and want to promote their satanic hadithist version of Islam. This includes their sharia law.

There is a battle going on between these false muslims and Quranists who consider everything else false.

So I will go one step further and say ban the nikab as well. Us Quranists have no problem living amongst western society. We only follow the Quran and nothing else.

You should go to youtube and see the fight between the real believers and these hadithists.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: adamsc

There is a common misconception that religious acts are the same as cultural acts. The clothing is based on cultural norms from several middle east regions which has become associated with Islam.

There also seem to be a few posters who believe that the ban was due to womens rights/ religious oppression. This is false. It was put in place as a result of secular bylaws banning all ostentatious religious clothing. These were knee jerk laws put in place in response to public opinion following high profile attacks and have been twisted to focus primarily on practices carried out by Islamic cultures.

The ban has now been overturned by the courts as the right to exercise religious/cultural customs are allowed under French law. The laws banning certain clothing were only intended for public safety, and the wearing of a burkini did not pose a public threat.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Here again, If a woman freely chooses to wear such attire then that's her business.

My opinion on what she chooses to wear is of no matter. Just like someones opinion of mine isn't something I'll lose sleep over.

BUT

If the culture she was born into forces her to be covered from head to toe whenever she left the house and is something she eventually grows to disagree with and wants to express herself but isn't allowed based on archaic beliefs and is forced to do so is a travesty against the human experience.

A couple of pennies...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I start a thread about provinces throughout the Islamic world enacting laws which criminalize behavior they deem immoral and most of y'all will avoid it because it conflicts with your narrative that Islam is simply misunderstood… In order to engage with your hypocrisy I must put out lower hanging fruit... Thus the birqini thread... -Christosterone

You are a bigot, there is simply no way of sugar coating it .....i suppose you could argue that you are simply misunderstood....however no amount of lipstick will masque the hate you spew......

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

You could say the same about catholic nuns, who may be 'forced' to wear a black veil or tunic. In fact arguably nuns are even more oppressed as they can't have sexual relationships. Should we intervene on their lives as this clashes with our own ideas of freedom? Or should we acknowledge that they have made the choice on what they believe in and understand the expectations of that belief?

There are many muslims who drink a lot, have sex, and don't really engage in their belief, and there are others who don't. In Western Culture people have the choice, it provides alternatives and opportunities rather than rules and doctrines. It goes against Western culture to restrict choice unless it can be proven that it is harmful to the individual or others.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Nuns and an average female born into that culture are apples and oranges.

The female who Chooses to be a nun agrees to follow it's strict form, A girl born into a culture does not have that choice. A female who chooses to leave the nunhood may freely do so, meanwhile a girl born into that culture? No so much.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Perhaps, but there are other cultures, Amish, Buddhist, Sikh... people are born into these beliefs, maybe they are happy with them, and I'm sure some of them won't be seen in bikinis.

It is better to provide information and freedom of choice rather than make choices for people such as this ban. If a person isn't happy with their culture, the goal of our society should be to find a way to give that person support and the strength to act on it and make a change. The burkini ban is a restrictive practice more similar to Saudi Arabian culture than to our own.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau

Perhaps, but there are other cultures, Amish, Buddhist, Sikh... people are born into these beliefs, maybe they are happy with them, and I'm sure some of them won't be seen in bikinis.

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Here again, If a woman freely chooses to wear such attire then that's her business.

My opinion on what she chooses to wear is of no matter. Just like someones opinion of mine isn't something I'll lose sleep over.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

I agree that these are just local customs that have some how been incorporated in Islam.

Here are some other misconceptions about Islam that have been promoted by these hadithists(which is sunni muslim, around 85% of current muslims)

They will say that you have to be put to death if leave Islam(apostacy). The Quran makes no such command. God says he will reserve punishment for them and he alone.

No mention of stoning in Quran for adultery.

Regarding marriage the Quran is very specific. I will try to get the correct verse soon but for now to put it simply she has to reach a maturity level where she is able to make decisions on her inheritance/possessions. A child of 12(as an example can not do that).

There is no mention of circumcision in the Quran, yet according to current Islam(ppl who follow the hadiths (100 % of muslims) that came out over 200 years after Mohd died) it is a requirement.

The only thing the Quran bans explicitly is the swine, blood, animals that are already dead and eating animals dedicated to another god or it could be idol. Will get clarification on that. Nothing else is banned, not music or dance etc.

I will refer all ATS members to check this site out. These only follow the Quran and nothing. This may open your eyes to what true Islam really is and not the one you see in the media everyday.

These ppl are villified and killed. Sudan just last year sentenced 4 to death because they were Quran only followers.

Here is the site. You will be shocked.

www.quran-islam.org...(P1).html

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

nobody forces these women to wear a burka in France.

You are joking, right?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It's insane women have to wear these things still yet today.

I'm shocked women's rights groups and Liberals aren't beating the drum for women's equality.

Can anyone explain?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
God have created humans all naked, the day you born and the day you die the rest are BS if you ask me.

We don’t need any additional “skins” in whatever forms, colours, complementary, it is a human mind disease. Think of a cure and remove it from our minds, no one need to create or design anything.

to add

I was born as “Shia Muslim made in Iran” and still don’t have that problem with female nakedness, never had and never will be.

edit on 4 3 2019 by Qboneq because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join