It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Philippines to UN - I don't give a [snip] about your repercussions

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: slider1982
Mate with all due respect you really are starting to discredit yourself here, you are arguing nothing facts with people that are living in the country...

I don't make threads.

Maybe you should, you are very passionate about the sovereign nation of the Philippines and its 91% approval rating for it's elected President...

RA

edit on 6-9-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

It's a personal thing. I'm not really all that passionate and there really is no need.

Honestly, I just don't trust cults of personality.
edit on 6-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
People might not like his way but for those who are living here in philippines, many believes that he and his administration can bring change.

For the past years, innocent people are dying. 2 year old child was raped and killed by a drug user. Suspect was caught and said that he feel sorry, he don't know what he is doing because he is under the influence of drug.

Whole family murdered, raped and dead body of woman is on the news almost everyday.

In the national penitentiary, where the high profile drug lords are imprisoned, they can cook meth and living a luxury life inside. Complete gadgets, appliances and some of them can go outside freely.

Politicians using illegal drug trade money to fund their campaign during elections.

People are tired of this #.

It feels much safer now to be honest. No more bystanders drinking alcohol in the street at night because of liquor ban on public places. curfews on minor, no more news of gang wars of minors. The very first 911 emergency hotline is now available nationwide in just 1 month in office.

I did not vote for him last election but im satisfied on what he is doing and what is happening right now.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: bijouramov

Yeah and the gifts where so expensive because the person giving the gifts is so rich.

Believe whatever you want just don't say you don't buy into the MSM.

And what favors did Duterte give out? Gifts are not corrupt in and of themselves.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Heck if I know. Real estate is not the same as a tie though. Duterte is supposed to have said that his "friend" has secured his family which is why he does not need to be corrupt. I could read into that while others can overlook it.

I wasn't really trying to convert anyone. I thought conspiracy theorists might want to talk about a conspiracy, this being ATS and all that.
edit on 8-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
I am all for talking about things. But gifts, no matter the value, is not corruption. The problem with gifts is that they tend to lead towards corruption. The question is did they in this circumstance. If someone gives Duterte $100 million because they like what Duterte is doing, and they get no special treatment, what wrongdoing occurred?

What if someone offered you $100 million as a gift to take care of your mother which you were already doing anyways? You are getting paid to do what you already thought was right and would do for free.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: daskakik
I am all for talking about things. But gifts, no matter the value, is not corruption. The problem with gifts is that they tend to lead towards corruption. The question is did they in this circumstance. If someone gives Duterte $100 million because they like what Duterte is doing, and they get no special treatment, what wrongdoing occurred?

It should raise suspicion. Just because you also like what he is doing doesn't mean he isn't doing his benefactor any favors.

What if someone offered you $100 million as a gift to take care of your mother which you were already doing anyways? You are getting paid to do what you already thought was right and would do for free.

I'm seeing a bit of cognitive dissonance here. If a politician takes gifts to enable drug trade it's corruption but if he takes gifts to fight it it's innocent.

Just because he is doing right, in the peoples opinion, on one front doesn't mean he isn't corrupt in others. Don't ask for proof because if the people there can't dig it up I'm not going to find anything sitting half way around the world but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.
edit on 11-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join