It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Philippines to UN - I don't give a [snip] about your repercussions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Meee32

You've focused on the killing which is what the mainstream want you to do, that's fine.

If only everybody focused on the good aspects of the Third Reich, Imperial Japan, and Stalinist Russia instead of the killing.
Eliminate the extra judicial killings and it doesn't seem so bad does it?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: ManFromEurope

If you had read a bit further before condemmimg me, you'd have seen this -

Oh, I don't like his policy of killing every small time drug dealer, I think that's just insane. But I like his style. And yeah, Chicago could use someone kinda like this.

But, you go right ahead feeling superior and calling me a Nazi.

I get the feeling you've never seen a crack addicted baby or the results of a woman doing drugs while pregnant.
Yeah..let's all feel sorry for the the crack whore.

Dude.. I know your trying to make a point but wtf would you post that?
Seeing that s##t has just scarred my brain..

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: slider1982

No doubt drugs screw people up, but so does food if abused, so does alcohol if abused etc etc......if drugs were legal it would remove the entire black market dedicated to drugs and that would go a long way further to removing the problem than anything resembling prohibition ....one by now would think that we are repeating the same things over and over trying to get a different result..... clearly prohibition does not work, it has been tried and failed many times......

Seems to me your dear leader is just another psychopath going down a the same old failed path like many before him.....

ETA...
Hell what next ?....outlaw fat people because they are using too many resources, if anyone is suspected of taking more than their fair share they should be shot on sight ....

I realize that i am being extreme but where does it end ?

I think he is going after the "pusher". The user, he at first is saying turn yourself in for rehab.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
He and his policies are wildly popular among the people who are tired of the crime and corruption. His history of doing this and not misusing his power can be seen from his time as Mayor of Davao.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm from the Philippines. Always remember that the media has a lot of influence and power almost everywhere even in this poor excuse of a country.

Yes. I just registered because I'm concerned that a lot of people here are being swayed by what they google.

He never actually said to kill the drug addicts. It's just that the media in the Philippines has always hated his guts. What makes this guy promising is that he's doing threats, investigations via lifestyle-checks, and prosecutions on the employees of what he hails as some of the most corrupt government agencies in the Philippines (e.g BIR = IRS in the US). And I have witnessed that fear is an effective tool against those abusive bureaucrats. Heck, we even have a sort of 911 but for reporting bureaucrats particularly the taxman. It's quite effective if you actually get through.

Sounds too good to be true? That's what he's done in his first few months in office. However, a President of any country should always obey or at least make friends with the media, other politicians, et al. which he doesn't want to do. Presidents who do not follow the rules have been taken out or maybe I'm just pessimistic.

edit on 27-8-2016 by peaceandquiet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

He's going after dealers.

Over 500,000 people have turned themselves in to the police, reporting their own crimes.

In a televised speech on Sunday, President Rodrigo Duterte, speaking in the southern city of Davao, named 150 officials that he said were involved in the country’s drug trade, including members of congress, police officials, five retired and current generals and at least seven judges, and gave them a 24-hour deadline to surrender to police. Several have turned themselves in, including 18 mayors and 31 police officials, according to police statistics.

He is also going after top government officials too.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
To the people that think this guy is "great" for executing people extrajudicially because of drug wheeling and dealing...

GET A GRIP! WAKE UP!!!

Have you not been paying attention and the massive failure rates of the WAR on drugs?

And for those Americans who are all for this kind of dictatorship behavior...

If you are not free to pursue life, liberty and happiness...to even the degree of experimenting with YOUR mind and/or body...then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it's written on!

Prohibition has and always will fail.

The fact that people are dying at the hands of others (gov't) and not through their own FREE choice is an abomination of Freedom...as it is truly the furthest thing from it.

Oh...it's their choice to take the drugs and deal them...they know the consequences...

Get real.

This is not how humans work. Nor should we be scared into submission.

F$@K this idiot politician!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Here is what people who lived under his rule when he was mayor have to say ...

“The drug problem here was huge, it was sickening,” Totor, 55, said as glassy-eyed men sat on wooden benches at sunset drinking his ultra-cheap drink out of plastic cups. “Now it’s okay. It’s better.”

www.scmp.com...

If you deal drugs, I have no sympathy when you end up in a body bag.
edit on 27-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
he is hardline and he is also commedy material! You just dont # with his country! if you can say one bad thing about him, he can say 10 bad things about you! Winner!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Long live Duterte Harry!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Probably just trying to eliminate the competition.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'll be there to see things for myself in a few weeks and my fiance seems to really support what he is doing. I can't wait to see the beaches.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
I'll be there to see things for myself in a few weeks and my fiance seems to really support what he is doing. I can't wait to see the beaches.

We are going back in December. Such a beautiful country. My wife voted Duterte Harry.
edit on 27-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It would seem this man was given a mandate to clean up his country. if that mandate requires the spilling of blood and the liberal use of bullets so be it, that is why he was duly elected. if some bleeding heart liberals or some low life criminals have a problem with that then don't bother visiting the Philippines. He has a job to do and he is doing it with incredible alacrity so kudos to Duterte for having the intestinal fortitude to do what needs to be done.

He has given opportunity to the criminal elements in his country to come clean and accept responsibility for their actions, if they so choose to ignore the offer then they can expect an iron fist.

So it is written and so shall it be.

ETA:
Sorry OR this wasn't meant as direct response to you but the thread in general. I actually agree with you on this for a change
edit on 8/27/2016 by Kukri because: incorrect reply

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

"Go ahead, make my day!!!"

"If I can make your day, you will dig your own grave, you son of a whore!"
edit on 28-8-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Nothing to apologize for. I think you brought up a great point. He has told the people to stop being criminals and come forward. If they choose not to do so ... no sympathy.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's not just criminals.

This is interesting:

Duterte raised the case of Jun Pala, a journalist and politician who was murdered in Davao in 2003. Gunmen on a motorcycle shot dead Pala, who was a vocal critic of Duterte. His murder has never been solved.

The president-elect of the Philippines says it's fine to assassinate journalist as long as he's 'a son of a b----'

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Last I checked corruption is the same thing.

Nelly Castillo, Pala’s colleague, said that Pala had also compromised the ethics of the broadcast profession. “Sometimes he would admit that he was corrupt and that he received money from his friends. But what made him popular was that he was not afraid to speak out.”

archives.newsbreak-knowledge.ph...

"Most of those killed, to be frank, have done something. You won't be killed if you don't do anything wrong," Duterte said, adding that many journalists in the Philippines were corrupt.

About the journalist you were talking about .. He was the spokesperson for a vigilante group doing what Duterte is doing .. and was willing to lie about people, such as maybe a Mayor from a rival vigilante group ....

In the 1980s Juan Pala's professional career began when he became the main spokesperson for the biggest vigilante group in the Philippines called the Alsa Masa's.[3] The vigilante group is best known for hunting down and killing many Communist and corrupt politicians, and has also been blamed for human rights abuse.

Pala's career was not always great however, Juan was slapped with a libel case and was suspended from his radio station for six months. After the six-month suspension Juan was banned for life for using inflammatory language while on air, however with Juan's popularity in the city an unknown influential person was able to have the ban lifted.

edit on 28-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
About the journalist you were talking about .. He was the spokesperson for a vigilante group doing what Duterte is doing ..

Sounds about right.

Like I said in my first post, the competition.

ETA: Seems like being an SOB is all that is needed to end up on a hit list. Don't know what that actually means but, it seem to not be limited to criminals.
edit on 28-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Like I said in my first post, the competition.

ETA: Seems like being an SOB is all that is needed to end up on a hit list. Don't know what that actually means but, it seem to not be limited to criminals.

In this case .. the "competition" admitted they were corrupt and were on the take.

Nelly Castillo, Pala’s colleague, said that Pala had also compromised the ethics of the broadcast profession. “Sometimes he would admit that he was corrupt and that he received money from his friends. But what made him popular was that he was not afraid to speak out.”

So it seems like what is needed is you to be corrupt .. which he was.

edit on 28-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join