It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Philippines to UN - I don't give a [snip] about your repercussions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Do not think that life in the Philippines is anything like life in the west. The Philippines is made up of 1000s of same rural communities. Everybody knows who the dealers are, even the Police, it was just a case that they where paid off to turn a blind eye..

Bato the head of Police has just come forward saying even now the Big players where offering him personally vast sums of money to change Police tactics towards these assholes.

Bottom line it IS working and long may it continue until the honest people in this country truly have a safe society.

Sorry for the people on here that constantly feel they need to make excuses for drug users and dealers but I have zero sympathy towards destructive personal choices esp when they threaten the average honest person just going about a normal life. I have lived in London most of my life and I have seen where lax drug laws take you.

RA

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

No doubt drugs screw people up, but so does food if abused, so does alcohol if abused etc etc......if drugs were legal it would remove the entire black market dedicated to drugs and that would go a long way further to removing the problem than anything resembling prohibition ....one by now would think that we are repeating the same things over and over trying to get a different result..... clearly prohibition does not work, it has been tried and failed many times......

Seems to me your dear leader is just another psychopath going down a the same old failed path like many before him.....

ETA...
Hell what next ?....outlaw fat people because they are using too many resources, if anyone is suspected of taking more than their fair share they should be shot on sight ....

I realize that i am being extreme but where does it end ?
edit on 26-8-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No doubt drugs screw people up, but so does food if abused, so does alcohol if abused etc etc......if drugs were legal it would remove the entire black market dedicated to drugs and that would go a long way further to removing the problem than anything resembling prohibition ....one by now would think that we are repeating the same things over and over trying to get a different result..... clearly prohibition does not work, it has been tried and failed many times......

Seems to me your dear leader is just another psychopath going down a the same old failed path like many before him.....

ETA...
Hell what next ?....outlaw fat people because they are using too many resources, if anyone is suspected of taking more than their fair share they should be shot on sight ....

First and for most he is NOT my dear leader, I am a expat that is currently in the country I am British by Heritage.. My statements here are simply observations regarding this situation and what the local population feel as stated..

You state alcohol and food if abused cases harm, indeed it does but there are no Hamburgers or KFC addicts linked to murders and turf wars I know you say if it was legal then these situations would not exist but come on legalize heroin? Cocaine?, Weed what is stronger than all these?, as that is what people will then want if that was the case.. And sorry I simply blame people for their personal lifestyle situation and choices, you can choose to live clean and healthy everyday or you can consume crap be it food,drink vices whatever that is up to you but Do not demand to me that people should have a right to be able to gain access to drugs that will just lead on to the self destruction of society.

There is a difference that needs to be made also towards the type of drugs that are causing issues here, weed is not really one of them. We are talking about hard drugs, coc aine,heroin, etc etc..

I just find the legalize drug statement to be absurd can you please outline what drugs you feel should be legalized and what type of system should be put in place for said users??...

RA

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I just find the legalize drug statement to be absurd can you please outline what drugs you feel should be legalized and what type of system should be put in place for said users??...

Exactly the same safety nets that are put into place for alcoholism,food addictions, Adrenalin addictions....any addiction for that matter, addictions are generally illnesses and should be treated as such...

You seriously think it is ok to dictate to a person what they can and cannot do ?....

I find it absurd you think that making drugs illegal and killing people who useand sell them will solve the issue....what part of prohibition does NOT work are you having a hard time understanding ?.....regardless of your own feeling toward recreational drug use and dealing....

Oh and i call all leaders our dear leaders and the reason being not one of those a holes has our best interest at heart, they line their pockets it goes with the job description
edit on 26-8-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Exactly the same safety nets that are put into place for alcoholism,food addictions, Adrenalin addictions....any addiction for that matter, addictions are generally illnesses and should be treated as such...

You seriously think it is ok to dictate to a person what they can and cannot do ?....

I find it absurd you think that making drugs illegal and killing people who useand sell them will solve the issue....what part of prohibition does NOT work are you having a hard time understanding ?.....regardless of your own feeling toward recreational drug use and dealing....

Oh and i call all leaders our dear leaders and the reason being not one of those a holes has our best interest at heart, they line their pockets it goes with the job description

So you think it should be ok for Heroin and Cocaine to be not just avaliable but legal?, is that your stance??..

Personally if drug addicts where to live in a location and die from their habits that is up to them, when it spills over to causing harm to citizens that do not want any part of a destructive life style (most of the population) then yes I believe action should be taken..

But then we do live in a world of pass the buck where personal responsability is pushed a side and excuses are not just made by these people but also on behalf of them. Drug dealers are total scum that feed on weak peoples wants I have no issue with them being killed actually, drug users need help, fairly straight forward what my stance is on this..

Regarding dictating, where does it end is it ok for someone to take images of a child for their own sexual gratification?.. People need saving from themselves sometimes..

We are obviously at the total other ends of the spectrum with our views but I would like to ask regarding the first question of Heroin and coc aine and also who funds it??, I take it you would want the tax payer correct??, we are in a country that struggles to get birth control!!!! but I would like to hear a valid option..

I am not sure I would want any public worker or anyone I come into contact in generally for that matter to be a user of said substance..

RA
edit on 26-8-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

ADDED:: Something I would like to add is that these few months whilst in Asia I was in Thailand cycling and I met a guy from Australia that was a "reformed drug user" his words not mine.. He was now a Vegan and a nearing a pro cyclist level of fitness, his words have stayed with me..

"You never really met anyone that is happy or proud to be a drug user it is a dark and sometimes shameful place, but everyone that has become clean is over the moon"...

I think that statement speaks volumes....
edit on 26-8-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

So you think it should be ok for Heroin and Cocaine to be not just avaliable but legal?, is that your stance??..

Absolutely

Personally if drug addicts where to live in a location and die from their habits that is up to them, when it spills over to causing harm to citizens that do not want any part of a destructive life style (most of the population) then yes I believe action should be taken..

Drug addicts is a loose term....You do realize that alcohol and prescription drugs fit into that category and cause just as much if not more harm to both the user and society as a whole...

But then we do live in a world of pass the buck where personal responsibility is pushed a side and excuses are not just made by these people but also on behalf of them. Drug dealers are total scum that feed on weak peoples wants I have no issue with them being killed actually, drug users need help, fairly straight forward what my stance is on this..

You should then be just as angry at businesses whom sell alcohol and doctors for that matter for prescribing drugs to people

But then we do live in a world of pass the buck where personal responsability is pushed a side and excuses are not just made by these people but also on behalf of them. Drug dealers are total scum that feed on weak peoples wants I have no issue with them being killed actually, drug users need help, fairly straight forward what my stance is on this..

So by help you mean you would like them to die

Regarding dictating, where does it end is it ok for someone to take images of a child for their own sexual gratification?.. People need saving from themselves sometimes..

OK are you still with us or did you phase out there into another realm ?

We are obviously at the total other ends of the spectrum with our views but I would like to ask regarding the first question of Heroin and coc aine and also who funds it??, I take it you would want the tax payer correct??, we are in a country that struggles to get birth control!!!! but I would like to here a valid option..

Good question ...where do the drugs that end up on the streets come from...?...tell me do you think it is possible that a government may be the supplier ?
AS far as your question about who funds it i assume you are talking about the rehab side of it, again look further into how the drugs got there in the first place !

I am not sure I would want any public worker or anyone I come into contact in generally for that matter to be a user of said substance..

Agreed...however we are not talking about a public service workers ability to function in their job regardless of whether or not said person was on drugs...are we ?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: maddy21

This is one of the best things I've seen all year.

Already it is plain to see how people are conditioned into rejecting him.

How he looks.
His turn of phrase.
He's mad.

Shame.

This is why the world will never change.

Yes you're spot on! More killing is what we need! Kill anyone that we don't agree with! That will make the world a much happier and safer place! Lol

But whatever you do, don't look at portugal for solutions to the drug problem, nobody wants peace! Meh, sod peace, more killing! Yay wooo wooo wooo

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

a reply to: maddy21

This is one of the best things I've seen all year.

Already it is plain to see how people are conditioned into rejecting him.

How he looks.
His turn of phrase.
He's mad.

Shame.

This is why the world will never change.

Yes you're spot on! More killing is what we need! Kill anyone that we don't agree with! That will make the world a much happier and safer place! Lol

But whatever you do, don't look at portugal for solutions to the drug problem, nobody wants peace! Meh, sod peace, more killing! Yay wooo wooo wooo

Hate has been trending on twitter for some time now
#destroy all those who disagree

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

You clearly don't understand the drug problem or the surrounding issues, drug related crime etc... Prohibition is the cause of your ills! This hard line approach the guy has taken will not work, it has been done many times before and will not stop people taking drugs! It never has!

Of course the people he's killed don't anymore, they don't do much of anything anymore!

Heroin and coc aine should be legal and regulated! The people addicted to these substances should be offered help not death! Should we kill all the alcohol users too? I mean how much trouble does that crowd cause?

I am really shocked that so many people are down with this barbarian on this site of all places. Shame on all of you...

Edit in reply to your edit: I am a very happy and proud cannabis user, the only reason I have to hide in any shadows is because of people like you that either want me dead or locked in a cage!

Look at alcohol, I see many people proud that they drink and they go out getting in all kinds of states, they will laugh about how wasted they were etc... No shame there, oh because THAT drug is socially acceptable! Ahhh but wait, during prohibition you had people hiding in the shadows and underground clubs! What a shocker, I wonder why...
edit on 26-8-2016 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Literally shocked and stunned, I wonder what percentage of the population have these thoughts??..

I certainly have learned something today, All I will say is thank god I have the option of staying in the Philippines than head back to the regressive left western culture..

I have nothing more to add..

RA

RA

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Really that's it ?...you were looking for support on your quest for genocide and it failed miserably ....good riddance

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Literally shocked and stunned, I wonder what percentage of the population have these thoughts??..

I certainly have learned something today, All I will say is thank god I have the option of staying in the Philippines than head back to the regressive left western culture..

I hope you don't get mistaken for a drug user/dealer and get killed, though it would be poetic justice, be careful what you wish for!

Sounds real ugly where you are and I have a prediction that it will get a whole lot uglier!

You can't counter my points because you are flat out wrong and you will learn the hard way.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
My issue with President Duterte is his tactics. As President, he is the supreme authority of his nation to represent the law, and yet he is openly encouraging his people in vigilantism to murder fellow citizens without burden of proof while also denying their rights as given by the Philippine Constitution, most specifically in Article 3 Section 1 (The Bill of Rights): "No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, nor shall any person be denied the equal protection of the laws."

If he wants to prosecute drug dealers, he should be doing it within the framework of law as defined by the constitution of the nation he has been elected to lead, regardless of how much percentage of the population support his methods. If 91% percent of Philippians support President Duterte and his brutal methods, then it would be safe to assume that the same percentage don't support their own constitution which protects their own freedoms.

And when all the alleged drug dealers and users are swept away, who will be the next target among their society?

This is a very dark time for The Philippines, whether anyone truly realizes it or not, and it only took them two months to get to this point. Two months after electing a charismatic and well-liked politician and there's government-sanctioned murder in the streets.

And it seems many users posting here would support that themselves. It's disturbing how well history repeats itself.
edit on 26-8-2016 by ArchAngel_X because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
What region of the Philippines do you live, What is the current climate there???..

Indeed I may well get double taped, I will remember the warning thank you..

EDIT::::Actually no need to answer I see clearly from the statement you are not actually even in the Philippines, Noted...

RA
edit on 26-8-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No doubt drugs screw people up,

Sorry just need to point this out as it was missed in my earlier post... But you want them to be legal??..

RA
edit on 26-8-2016 by slider1982 because: added

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

And don't worry with crazy leaders like this I and many other people won't be visiting anytime soon either! This guy got elected after he said he was disapointed he was never able to join in with a gang rape and that he pledged to kill 100,000 people in the first months of office.

I can't believe you would support this animal... Btw why do I need to live there? I am going by this guys admitted actions, is he lying?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

No doubt drugs screw people up,

Sorry just need to point this out as it was missed in my earlier post... But you want them to be legal??..

RA

Oh boy, this tired old argument... Lots of things can screw you up if you take too much or too often, or push it to the limit... For example, horse racing can kill you, car racing, boxing, sugar, fatty foods the list is endless!

Do you advocate wrapping people in cotton wool and dictating every choice in their lives?

People take risk all the time! It is up to the idividual to evaluate the risk... Go and research about portugal please, you seem like a fairly reasonable fellow, I can find an amazing documentary about this topic which you may find surprising... In fact I will find it anyway and post it, one moment...

youtu.be...

Sorry on a mobile and can't seem to embed... It is 15 minutes long and hopefully you will gain some insight.

Edit: I am watching it again and I totally forgot it has about columbia in there too, they tried the exact same thing you guys are but a 1000 times worse! They militarised the whole deal and STILL it didn't work... Please listen to him, please watch and see for yourself.

Now portugal has made an amazing leap forward and proved the world leaders wrong! But they have missed a very obvious point... They still don't know how to destroy the drug dealers and cartels... It's very simple, you legalize and regulate, just as with alcohol! How many alcohol dealer gangs are there? Non! How many during alcohol prohibition in America?

It really is very simple... Then you use the tax to help even more people that get into difficulty... Less people die because the drugs are regulated and trusted to be pure and as safe as they can be! Philopines have taken a giant step back and are ignoring very recent history!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

ETA...

No one ever robbed a Jollibee and just took the chicken.

Or shoots a gas station clerk for the chips.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

You've focused on the killing which is what the mainstream want you to do, that's fine.

What we have here though is somebody standing up to the UN, yet another person with some power telling the UN to keep their nose out and helping us understand the truth a tiny bit more. What we've got here is a leader standing up.

But obviously anyone in support of his view towards the UN advocates merciless killing, obviously.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Meee32

You've focused on the killing which is what the mainstream want you to do, that's fine.

What we have here though is somebody standing up to the UN, yet another person with some power telling the UN to keep their nose out and helping us understand the truth a tiny bit more. What we've got here is a leader standing up.

But obviously anyone in support of his view towards the UN advocates merciless killing, obviously.

You think focussing on the killing without any opportunity of due process, and what appears to be condoning of armed vigilante groups to take the law into their own hands is a bad thing then?

The Philippines are signed up members of the United Nations, so you cannot say they don't have a right to raise this.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join