It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Philippines to UN - I don't give a [snip] about your repercussions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Let's pray those who turn themselves in actually just go to jail or rehab; let's pray, 10-20 years from now we don't find mass graves littering the Philippines.

Too late.

There are plenty of mass graves there. Remember this one?

en.wikipedia.org...

"The Maguindanao massacre, also known as the Ampatuan massacre after the town where the mass graves were found,[2] occurred on the morning of November 23, 2009, in the town of Ampatuan in Maguindanao province, on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines.

While the 58 victims were on their way to file a certificate of candidacy for Esmael Mangudadatu, vice mayor of Buluan town, they were kidnapped and killed.

Mangudadatu was challenging Datu Unsay mayor Andal Ampatuan, Jr., son of the incumbent Maguindanao governor Andal Ampatuan, Sr. and member of one of Mindanao's leading Muslim political clans,[3] in the forthcoming Maguindanao gubernatorial election,[4] part of the national elections in 2010.

The people killed included Mangudadatu's wife, his two sisters, journalists, lawyers, aides, and motorists who were witnesses or were mistakenly identified as part of the convoy.
The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) has called the Maguindanao massacre the single deadliest event for journalists in history.[5] At least 34 journalists are known to have died in the massacre.[6] Even before the Maguindanao massacre, the CPJ had labeled the Philippines the second most dangerous country for journalists, second only to Iraq."

And these others.

en.wikipedia.org...

So if he can clean up the cops too, great!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Yeah lets all just kill people addicted to drugs, or anything for that matter... The world would be a better place .../end sarcasm

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah great, we really need somebody like this to get people executed on suspicion of committing a crime. That's right, not committing a crime, but suspicion.

What a great and wonderful leader, can't wait for others like him to emerge and the purges to begin.

/end sarc.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Chaotic Lawful.

The world needs a few more of these.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The more Videos i watch of this guy, the more i like him....

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

This guy will shoot them himself.

He's no dictator, the place was a mess.

The toll booths have armed guards. Seemed like armed security everywhere.

Which makes me uncomfortable and not real safe. lol.

Filipinos are great people. Hard working.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Chaotic Lawful.

Chaotic and lawful are on the same axis: lawful evil is the alignment you're looking for.
edit on 8/24/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
desperate times call for desperate measures, the criminals and drug lords don`t play by the rules of civilized society, this is no longer a law enforcement problem it`s a war.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Id vote for him twice. It's high time you garbage time liberals understand we are tired of subsidizing your failed lives. This guy says just kill them, I'm into that.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
First of all.... let me try to sound "rational" when writing this... to not sound like a crazy person

- What he is doing is great. We have for too long as humans tried to be "humanistic" in the sense that we can save everyone or reform everyone. We cannot... and hardline criminals and drug dealers, should indeed forfeit their lives without trial. I see no issue with this what so ever. Gang members like those of mafia, hell angels, bandidos etc etc, should be rounded up and executed the same day. I truly wish we had laws that would allow this.

- BUT, we also have to draw a hard line between what is drug dealing of hard drugs and what is dealing with soft drugs like cannabis. This could easily be done by simply making soft drugs legal under state care.

- The UN is a tool, unfortunately it is a tool that can easily be manipulated, just like Nato. I am member of a western UN country and I really don't like what they are doing. They seem like mindless puppets with lots of words and no real results. And don't give me bull# about jugoslavia or any other westernly instigated war.
So how can you blame him for saying as he does? He's right...

Now to top it off... the law would be perfect if the same amount of punishment was alloted to those who commit serious economic crimes.

No youre not crazy. You are just not a fan of the Constitution apparently.Here we have the right to a trial and are innocent until proven guilty.
Now If they want to do things different in the rest of the world thats them. Personally i do not want a DICTATORSHIP in the US.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
desperate times call for desperate measures, the criminals and drug lords don`t play by the rules of civilized society, this is no longer a law enforcement problem it`s a war.

So you become even worse than them by doing so.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Chaotic Lawful.

Chaotic and lawful are on the same axis: lawful evil is the alignment you're looking for.

Nerd detected!

J/K, you are right.

Although I wouldn't classify him as "evil".

How about Chaotic Good?
edit on 24-8-2016 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Ignoring social problems produces extremism. I have been abused by drug users enough. I TOTALLY understand why many Filipinos like this guy. Remember how Mao rounded up all the Opium users and shot them? No? He had a drug problem because the British Royal family. They made lot's of money pushing in China. As far as i am concerned, the UN can go pound sand. What have they really done about drug abuse?

BTW, Portugal is showing the way. That's closer to how to really deal with the problem side. I don't think the Philippine approach is correct, but understandable. Take a careful look at who opposes Portugal, follow the money as ever.
edit on 24-8-2016 by UMayBRite! because: fix run on sentences

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The guy has an interesting attitude very open and honest and doesn't take any BS, sure he's a likeable character

His policies however are just as extreme as ISIS

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

They guy's a total #tard, and deserves to be taken out of office & have his country turned over to approved politicians working under a peacekeeping force. Won't happen, but there you go. The guy's a total numbskull, he can't even insult a world body using a coherent sentence. "Mr United Nations"..? Sounds like the sort of rhetoric a five year old would come up with.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Chaotic Lawful.

Nerd detected!

J/K, you are right.

Although I wouldn't classify him as "evil".

How about Chaotic Good?

You wouldn't classify someone who's killing and advocating the killing of drug dealers and ADDICTS as evil?

He's also not chaotic if he's making and enforcing laws - that's the definition of lawful.

originally posted by: JamesGlad
Id vote for him twice. It's high time you garbage time liberals understand we are tired of subsidizing your failed lives. This guy says just kill them, I'm into that.

Here it is folks; human being inherently love a dictator, they love Stalinist tactics and forever are we doomed to live like this because of people like those in the quoted post above.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Not Read all reply's but I will give my 2pc since I am a Expat currently living in PH..

Overall the people here are very very happy with Duterte, within minutes of him coming to power he ousted a number of high ranking officials who where alleged to be tied in with drugs and trafficking.

You also have to remember Philippines does have a bounty hunting law so this is just a step up from that. Overall the real issues are in Manila rather than the provinces.. The other main area of concern is Mindanao which is a Muslim Stronghold that has active Isis members there, I feel this situation is going to come to a head soon..

What he done is given control back to the law abiding citizen, it is now a firm "stand your ground country"..

He was on the box only the other day asking why the Internet service was so poor (one of the worst in the world) and that he expects companies to increase speeds rather than rake in profits.

He is open minded to the failings of the catholic church (this is a very good thing)..

Bottom line is that drugs in the Philippines is a big issue and it is the start of the break down of society, he is making this a main concern. Be under no illusion he is not liked within the elite here he is making a lot of noise and shaking a lot of cages. He is expecting people on drugs to get help, I live near a health center where people are being treated and if you know a drug dealer or criminal they you can "kill the son of a bitch and get a medal"...

My long distance fear is marshal law and he is a dictator but at the moment he is just the right side and doing a good job. There are not mass executions like the media will have you believe..

RA

I just wanted to repeat and give emphasis to what our friend Slider1982 has said.
His take on the matter should not be ignored.
He is from the Philippines and can give us a perspective from first hand experience rather than
opinions formed from reports by news outlets that we all know have agendas of their own.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

They guy's a total #tard, and deserves to be taken out of office & have his country turned over to approved politicians working under a peacekeeping force. Won't happen, but there you go. The guy's a total numbskull, he can't even insult a world body using a coherent sentence. "Mr United Nations"..? Sounds like the sort of rhetoric a five year old would come up with.

Just wow. That is a massive bold statement, for someone to say that a elected president that was bought into office on a landslide victory "should have his country turned over" is just absurd and shows your ignorace.

Can I ask what region of the Philippines you live in and what do the local population say????...

The UN could very well be the death of us all in the near future and I want world leaders to call them out on their BS, I guess you are use to puppet masters that do as they are told rather than direct reactions to real problems.

Maybe you should move to Belgium to a enriched ghetto where your personal freedom and ability to protect ones self has firmly been taken away and denied????....

RA
edit on 24-8-2016 by slider1982 because: Sp

edit on 24-8-2016 by slider1982 because: Sp

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
First I just want to let you know WHY you go after the drug guys first..... surprised you didnt figure this out yourself. Pimps carry handguns........ Drug lords have bazookas and machine guns and hand grenades and rocket launcers and missels andall kinds of other fun toys.... oh yea, and handguns
If he went after the hookers and pimps...... then you or someone just like you would complain about him not going after drug dealers instead..... Here in the states they would do a study first to see which to take out first, which would take about 2 years, then they would debate the findings for another year, then someone would challenge it in court which would take another 3 years.
I am sure after he makes an example out of the drug trade.... all he will have to do is invite the pimps to turn them selves in... or else........ and the message would be herd loud and clear

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

This guy is a loose cannon and he should be killed for being as ruthless as he is. He is a bigger danger to people's lives than the criminals he is trying to execute.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join