It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Philippines to UN - I don't give a [snip] about your repercussions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: maddy21

killing Criminals and Drug dealers

not good no matter what he says. There is no excuse for murder unless they are child molesters. Someone sells a natural plant from the ground - kil them ! - very stupid

I think it is more about the drugs coming in from North Korea and China. Pot, I haven't heard anything about that yet.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Now2016

JESUS CHRIST, DOES IT REALLY MATTER?
One horrific picture of a deformed baby isn't enough, you want to argue what made that poor child the way they are? Do you really believe crack babies look any better?

Shall I put up another picture?
Wouldn't want to be accused of misrepresenting the wholesome lifestyle of meth heads and crack whores.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

originally posted by: uncommitted

How much would you like him if you were executed on suspicion of dealing drugs without any recourse to a court? Still like him? So effectively you are all for government condoned vigilantism then?

His own Foreign secretary has said that they will not be leaving the UN and one of it's country's largest newspapers also doesn't believe it would be appropriate...

edition.cnn.com...
www.manilatimes.net...

According to what you wrote, it seems like over 90 percent of the comments on the news will agree with you. Having been in the PI during the Marcus dictatorship, this man yet has declared Martial Law, so he is for the people and the UN ought to mind their own business and stop opium from being grown under guard of UN forces in Afgan.

What has to be done, has to be done. Many people in the west don't know how difficult life can be in a country like Philippines , India or any country Asia /SE Asia, and how hard it is to even get Justice. When you have corrupt politicians, police, Judges all payed of by Drug lords. You have to take tough action. Such tough actions right now will be painful in the short run, but will be extremely fruitful in the long run. The "deep state" exists everywhere. He is doing what he can to uproot and destroy the deep state in his country. The real problem here is that the UN along with the established western powers does not want the deep state destroyed. He was elected by the people to do what he is doing.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Duterte's latest salvo ups the ante in his war on drugs, which has already left more than 400 suspected dealers and pushers dead and more than 4,400 arrested in more than a month since he took office. Nearly 600,000 people have surrendered to authorities, hoping to avoid getting killed.

As soon as he was elected president, Duterte encouraged the public to help him in his war against crime, urging citizens with guns to shoot and kill drug dealers who resist arrest and fight back in their neighborhoods.

"Please feel free to call us, the police, or do it yourself if you have the gun - you have my support," Duterte said, warning of an extensive illegal drug trade that involves even the country's police.

If a drug dealer resists arrest or refuses to be brought to a police station and threatens a citizen with a gun or a knife, "you can kill him," Duterte said. "Shoot him and I'll give you a medal."

Source Link

Honestly, it may seem extreme, but the numbers, are showing that this is effective. It seems that it is not an instant execution if you just comply. You will have your day in court. As far as the call to citizens, at first I was appalled, but makes more sense after reading the facts above too. It is a more effective neighborhood watch alliance.
edit on 8 24 2016 by CynConcepts because: Oops, forgot to source link!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IDontLikeSalt

You been here a whole 24 hours, please keep assuming you know what I'd approve of. Speaking of "think before posting". My son is Autistic and we didn't feed him all that crap the Drs suggested, so you might want to go preach to someone else.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You are so dramatic. I didn't say anything definite. I carefully choose my words. Recent work by top scientists that I have read has pointed to father-to-son genetic inheritance of autism. Have you been tested yet?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Not Read all reply's but I will give my 2pc since I am a Expat currently living in PH..

Overall the people here are very very happy with Duterte, within minutes of him coming to power he ousted a number of high ranking officials who where alleged to be tied in with drugs and trafficking.

You also have to remember Philippines does have a bounty hunting law so this is just a step up from that. Overall the real issues are in Manila rather than the provinces.. The other main area of concern is Mindanao which is a Muslim Stronghold that has active Isis members there, I feel this situation is going to come to a head soon..

What he done is given control back to the law abiding citizen, it is now a firm "stand your ground country"..

He was on the box only the other day asking why the Internet service was so poor (one of the worst in the world) and that he expects companies to increase speeds rather than rake in profits.

He is open minded to the failings of the catholic church (this is a very good thing)..

Bottom line is that drugs in the Philippines is a big issue and it is the start of the break down of society, he is making this a main concern. Be under no illusion he is not liked within the elite here he is making a lot of noise and shaking a lot of cages. He is expecting people on drugs to get help, I live near a health center where people are being treated and if you know a drug dealer or criminal they you can "kill the son of a bitch and get a medal"...

My long distance fear is marshal law and he is a dictator but at the moment he is just the right side and doing a good job. There are not mass executions like the media will have you believe..

RA

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The problem with people that I have observed when it comes to politicians is, that they hear one thing that they really like and then ignore or overlook all the other negative actions.

I don't know much about Him or too much about the Philippines, but WTF are they even worrying about drugs?

Don't they have a sex trade and child prostitution problem? If so why is the punishment for drugs more severe (death) than child prostitution (jail) as I understand it?

Killing people for drugs is stupid , unless they are forcing you to take the drugs. The only war we should have is againsts child molestors ,rape, sex trade, and other violent acts against peoples will.

Now I understand that there is an apparent problem with drugs and illegal activity so I can somewhat overlook his stance while he cleans up things on large dealers , but not if he is not equally strong against the sex trade industry which force people into prostitution. Two consenting adults want to exchange sex for money I could care less, but forced prostitution is another thing.

Does he have the same death punishment for child molesters and those involved in the sex trade? If not , then I see this guy going dictator , despite enjoying watching him tell the UN to F off.
edit on 02831America/ChicagoWed, 24 Aug 2016 08:02:53 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
People who are applauding this monster should wake up to the reality that is the Philippines. Many of the "Filth" and "Crack Whores" that you condemn are born into child prostitution (For Western Sex Tourists) They have their minds shattered, and their faith in humanity destroyed.

So Yeah as adults they turn to drugs to block their horrific memories. As a final insult to their tormented lives they must be killed because they are Filth and Crack Whores.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IDontLikeSalt
a reply to: DAVID64

You are so dramatic. I didn't say anything definite. I carefully choose my words. Recent work by top scientists that I have read has pointed to father-to-son genetic inheritance of autism. Have you been tested yet?

got a link for that? how do you explain the dramatic increase of autism in the past 20 years? genetics? I don't think so..

It seems to me that Duterte is fixing the problem. What's wrong with that? His highly effective method? I like this guy..

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yes there is a prostitution problem there but it's also tied right to the drug trade, a large amount of the other crimes there are tied to it as well.

If he started at prostitution trying to reform them. It wouldn't go well much really wouldn't happen. The dealers would just punish the few that leave and get new ones to replace them.

The info we're seeing outside is threw media filters so they're highlighting the story as they would like it.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IDontLikeSalt

Duterte is a madman. He seems to think with emotions before logic and lacks the ability to foresee the consequences of leaving the UN. His nation is already a joke. He can't have a political correspondence without resorting to ad hominem? He can't even provide jobs for his people, yet he can run his mouth and justify murder of those who sell plants that alter other's perception for a brief moment in time. A real revolutionary! I real man to respect! /End sarcasm. This guy is a real POS.

My guess for the support of Duterte is that in this battle of the POSs, Soros comes out on top every time as the King S. But no, this does not look like a good guy, not at all.
edit on 24-8-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The problem with people that I have observed when it comes to politicians is, that they hear one thing that they really like and then ignore or overlook all the other negative actions.

I don't know much about Him or too much about the Philippines, but WTF are they even worrying about drugs?

Don't they have a sex trade and child prostitution problem? If so why is the punishment for drugs more severe (death) than child prostitution (jail) as I understand it?

Killing people for drugs is stupid , unless they are forcing you to take the drugs. The only war we should have is againsts child molestors ,rape, sex trade, and other violent acts against peoples will.

Does he have the same death punishment for child molesters and those involved in the sex trade? If not , then I see this guy going dictator , despite enjoying watching him tell the UN to F off.

From my experience the main issue with child molesters are from people coming from abroad and they go to locations with high number of orphans to commit the offences, you can now shot them anyway!!!!. There really is not that big of a deal like you get in some south east Asian countries, believe it or not people look out for each other here even in rural locations. Just like Thailand the main vice areas are around the locations that have a high number of foreign tourists Boracay etc and a number of places have been raided recently.

The reason he has gone after the drugs is that it was and still is the main line for overall corruption here, the person that is trafficking the drugs is also using the cash to fund arms sales that lead onto kidnapping etc etc etc the Police or I should say certain members of the police where involved, this is a very complex situation that really needs far more than a forum post to cover it.

Fact is that if you are a member of the regressive left you will hate this guy, he does not piss about and I hope in the coming years the Philippines can really sort itself out and progress as it should be doing far better than what we see today..

RA
edit on 24-8-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Not Read all reply's but I will give my 2pc since I am a Expat currently living in PH..

Overall the people here are very very happy with Duterte, within minutes of him coming to power he ousted a number of high ranking officials who where alleged to be tied in with drugs and trafficking.

You also have to remember Philippines does have a bounty hunting law so this is just a step up from that. Overall the real issues are in Manila rather than the provinces.. The other main area of concern is Mindanao which is a Muslim Stronghold that has active Isis members there, I feel this situation is going to come to a head soon..

What he done is given control back to the law abiding citizen, it is now a firm "stand your ground country"..

He was on the box only the other day asking why the Internet service was so poor (one of the worst in the world) and that he expects companies to increase speeds rather than rake in profits.

He is open minded to the failings of the catholic church (this is a very good thing)..

Bottom line is that drugs in the Philippines is a big issue and it is the start of the break down of society, he is making this a main concern. Be under no illusion he is not liked within the elite here he is making a lot of noise and shaking a lot of cages. He is expecting people on drugs to get help, I live near a health center where people are being treated and if you know a drug dealer or criminal they you can "kill the son of a bitch and get a medal"...

My long distance fear is marshal law and he is a dictator but at the moment he is just the right side and doing a good job. There are not mass executions like the media will have you believe..

RA

If America puts bases there, then yes, he'll have no choice to become a dictator like Marcus was.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I must admit that it seems that Duterte and the citizens of the Phillipines realize that they have to focus on nullifying one serious element first. I imagine This will effectively assist in exponentially creating more change when they turn their focus on the other criminal elements.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The reason he has gone after the drugs is that it was and still is the main line for overall corruption here, the person that is trafficking the drugs is also using the cash to fund arms sales that lead onto kidnapping etc etc etc the Police or I should say certain members of the police where involved, this is a very complex situation that really needs far more than a forum post to cover it.

I get that , but what is his stance on the forced sex trade? Is it punishable by death? If not, then I'm highly suspicious of his intentions. There is no reason why one should make drugs punishable by death while the forced sex trade is not.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I like the idea that he said if the United Nations did it's job we wouldn't be having all these wars! I don't know about strong arm tactics with killing everyone who commits a crime. I do agree though, only in cases where a person intentionally and methodically kills someone, and the evidence is overwhelming, the life of a murderer should be ended one week after being sentenced. None of this BS where it takes years before they're put to death or given a life term.

The positive side of this, more criminals would be much more reluctant to take their victims life. The murder rate would decrease, jails would become less overcrowded, tax payer's money wouldn't be used to feed and lodge murderers, and loved ones would get the satisfaction that justice was served.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Problem is there isn't much he can do on that front if he wishes to remain President. The US has overthrown leaders for far less than executing wealthy westerners who happen to be pedophiles.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Don't forget the media ties to the drug trade. While the triad don't have total control over all of them they funnel money to the ones that will say what they like.

What some might not know since they're not from the are or have any direct tie to it, is that China is where a lot of it is coming from, human trafficking, drugs and so on. It's run by the triads and they're nasty people to deal with. But once you get anywhere near getting one of them, they hope on back home.

I'm not sure if it's been pointed out but the crime rate has dropped 60% from last year. This is all crimes over all.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You can argue against his methods but what you can't say is that they don't work. He's completely turned around crime in his country in short order. Drugs have all but been irradiated crime is down and for the first time people can salt visit the phillipines. He said he would clean up thr country and has problem is at what cost?? what I mean is he setting up thr stage that eventually a dictator will take over and take away all rights from the Phillipines

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join