It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Philippines to UN - I don't give a [snip] about your repercussions

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: bijouramov

You really don't see why that list of violations has no bearing?

Has Duterte violated any laws of our land? That is your presumption right?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bijouramov
Has Duterte violated any laws of our land? That is your presumption right?

No.

Someone else breaking the laws of your land would also have no bearing on him. It really is a simple concept. I don't know why you are having such a hard time grasping it.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

And I'm not implying that.

We elected the guy. You say he is corrupt. What soes that make us? Hmm?

Sorry, I try to avoid loaded questions.

Unloading it. You can answer now.

Making what up? Saying that I am implying something when I'm not is a perfect example and you won't cop to that so why go into the others?

Show me proof that Duterte is corrupt and that we are killing the victims of the oligarchs. Oh and the suspected criminals. Don't forget that.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bijouramov
We elected the guy. You say he is corrupt. What soes that make us? Hmm?

You do realize that that is you saying that and not me.

Unloading it. You can answer now.

Doesn't work that way.

Show me proof that Duterte is corrupt and that we are killing the victims of the oligarchs. Oh and the suspected criminals. Don't forget that.

I already posted info about him receiving gifts. That is all there is.

Not enough for you? Fine.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

No he has not violated any laws or no that is not your presumption?

Someone else breaking the laws of your land would also have no bearing on him.

Did I say it would? Wasn't it you who pinned the works of these "lawbreakers" on Duterte?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Doesn't work that way.

Haha! Okay...

I already posted info about him receiving gifts.

Don't you accept gifts on your birthday? I sure do.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It is not my presumption.

I said it could have been. You know the stuff conspiracy theories are made of.

That was a comparison made between someone else breaking the law and those in your list of violations. Neither has a bearing on what Duterte may or may not be guilty of.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yeah and the gifts where so expensive because the person giving the gifts is so rich.

Believe whatever you want just don't say you don't buy into the MSM.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Really?

It's not just criminals.

This is interesting:

Duterte raised the case of Jun Pala, a journalist and politician who was murdered in Davao in 2003. Gunmen on a motorcycle shot dead Pala, who was a vocal critic of Duterte. His murder has never been solved.

The president-elect of the Philippines says it's fine to assassinate journalist as long as he's 'a son of a b----'

What stuff? Jumping at conclusions? Without a shred of evidence to back it up with?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Really.

If it isn't enough "proof" for you then fine.
edit on 6-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah and the gifts where so expensive because the person giving the gifts is so rich.

Are you implying that Duterte is accepting gifts for favors?

Quiboloy no influence in Cabinet appointments

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm saying that you are listening to the MSM.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If it isn't enough "proof" for you then fine.

The Filipinos don't need your "proof."

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'm saying that you are listening to the MSM.

Listening doesn't necessarily mean believing. It's the same thing when I listen to Duterte, I don't just believe everything he says without investigating for myself.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Then why do you keep asking for it?

As for the MSM, sounds like you are believing some of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Now please excuse me because I have to work for the oligarchs now.

It's a good thing I have a little spare time during the night which I can use to go out and find someone to murder. We get medals for it remember? I made a special placard for my annoying neighbor.

It's like Pokemon Go only with real medals.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Funny little strawman.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Mate with all due respect you really are starting to discredit yourself here, you are arguing nothing facts with people that are living in the country...

The information we currently have about to Duerte is that he felt he was forced to accept a campaign for President as the people and himself was sick and tired of a system that had failed for decades, the corruption went from local mayors all the way to the top, this is not a easy situation to sort out, this information is coming from people in the bloody country ok..

Next, He never wanted to be President his campaign was more or less run by grass routes groups that more or less put him forward, as I stated in another thread I have extended family in Davao PEOPLE WANTED HIM why is that so hard to understand.. Congress had zero support for him and a campaign was run with what would be classed as zero budget in the grand scheme of things.. The country gained a massive boost with him being elected and you would do well to read this. I expect the members on here that travel soon to the country will see the "pro" Duterte mindset the same as I have experienced ...

www.bloomberg.com...

He was a Mayor of Davao and the people witnessed what he did there turning it from a cesspit into the most modern and safest city in the Philippines, that is what they want for the whole country OK, really not hard to understand.. His "official" mandate was always anti corruption, anti drug and very pro Pinoy pride, OK....

At the moment the people could not be more happier with what he is doing, that is what it is, if you cannot understand that there what more can be said??...

Does that make the native folk bad people?, that is for you to decide. In their eyes right or wrong he has done more in 2 months than the last Governments have done in 3 terms, that is how the native people fell.

If you dig into the past of every person on the planet you will find dirt that can be spun why would he be any different?..

The only real talking point after post after post of the same back and forwards comments is what happens if the Filipinos maintain a 90% approval and the international fall out that can have???, trying to find titbits of information for your theory is all well and good but wait until you have a good amount of information before posting up the same thing time and time again... Sure ask questions to anyone you feel will have the knowledge of be able to find out..

Yes the people support what is happening, NO he did not want to be president he is in his 70's for god sake, he has stated a number of times he simply wanted to stay in Davao, his home..

Everything posted here is common knowledge within the Philippines and no doubt some of it will be in the MSM..

Constantly arguing about the way the crime situation is being handled means f#ck all, you are not in the country and if the people here are happy to support it then that is their cross to bare, this is not a Liberal country far from it, the Eye for a eye mentally is very strong so please accept that..

It will take probably two years maybe more to see what lasting impact all this has had for the country so please just wait and see where the cards fall and if you want a conspiracy then post up a thread with all relevant information, this thread was geared towards Dutertes hardline towards the UN...

Regards

RA
edit on 6-9-2016 by slider1982 because: added sp

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Mate with all due respect you really are starting to discredit yourself here, you are arguing nothing facts with people that are living in the country...

Meh, the facts have been posted and dismissed. Not much more that can be done at that point.

Living in the country doesn't mean that you don't have your head in the sand.

I don't make threads.
edit on 6-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Main reason willing to debate you here was it's social issues and social sciences. I have a decent understanding of such. I, however see you most often in science threads, and while I'm not completely science illiterate and do have a love of the subject. When it comes to scientific knowledge and experience, you're like Godzilla and I'm Bambi. We all saw how that confrontation went down.

So If I go into a thread and it's science based, and I disagree with something, and while scrolling through the thread find your opinion is different than mind I tend to assume I'm wrong and not even bother to engage. Which often saddens me, cause I'll get excited by something then see you utterly demolish it, and the world is once again devoid of something that once seem interesting in it's implications.

But something like this, I'm willing to throw down.

I tend to think I hold my own quite well in threads on society and people. So was interesting seeing you here and matching wits on a subject I'm not completely lacking in confidence in.

Sorry all for the off topic post.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join