It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah the world is screwed.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

So the all the world's problems rest on my shoulder then? Great how you can say do as I say not as I do, interesting.

Yeah but the reward is eternal life? A very short life of woes for eternal bliss, pretty sweet deal right. Does'nt come for free though regardless off what these part timers have told you.

I use to be a christian for a short while, followed it word for word, never felt more deserving off life and that in and off itself is more rewarding than laptops and tvs if you believe in an afterlife. I personal decided I was being decieved in multiple ways shortly after becoming a christian and I threw it out.

You making me the enemy when all I am trying to do is point out the bible is the word off God. Dont worry about your priest or your mum or your nan or whoever. Follow the bible, whatever edition, word for word and God will forgive you if any of it was manipulated and changed (if that is even the case).

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I am not even a christian

Well now that is a horse of a different color.
Your assertions make alot more sense now.
So which bible did you get your information from? You do realize there are more than one translation? Which doctrine have you deemed to be true?
Do you think children, the mentally ill, and those not exposed to the bible will go to heaven?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You made something up and obviously it comes from other outside sources that influence alot of christians. You can't pick and choose. It makes your religion worthless. And stop making me out to be the bad guy I am debating you with the bible pure and simple. I am not attacking christianity I am debating these new found believers that have made their own rules.

What did I make up?
If I am not to pick and choose what I believe who should do it for me? You? Anyone in particular?
What rules have I made up?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Derail much?

I have read many bibles. King James, English Standard and I currently have Into the light, Holmans and Good news in my draw aswell as a pocket new testament somewhere downstairs.

The versions may differ but the bible does'nt decrease in size by 99.99% to one line that says "screw everything else in this book".

Do you think children, the mentally ill, and those not exposed to the bible will go to heaven?

Of course the children and the mentally ill are not applicable by the same standards as a healthy adult. Unless you are a child or mentally ill to a point you cannot function properly you have no excuse and you can't just hope to hide behind them.

If you don't read the bible but you follow the life sure. If you don't read the bible or follow the life no, If you read the bible and dont follow the life no.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
IMO a Christian that is true to the Bible wouldn't be in it for eternal life, but for what God wants. Your brush paints a wide path across Christianity but a narrow one for all the religious beliefs in the world.

Why not rag on Buddha, Allah or or any of the 4,300 faith groups in the world? Just got to go for the Christians I see.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Allah has his own # to deal with right now. Christians however have adopted a lazy attitude to what it means to be a disciple of christ. Sacrifice and devotion to God AND Gods will (which is the bible).

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
WanderingNomadd, I agree with you on a basic level in certain respects, but you're going overboard IMO. I have much to do today, so I'll get back to you later, maybe, as this is a truly lame thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You have discounted all of the bible on a single line/idea. Don't do what the pope does he is a moron. If God is real and he left you the bible through his son who was sent to save you, I think you should just take the risk and listen to it, follow it word for word. Worse case scenario some of it was wrong but you did your duty and he will give you the highest of places.

Whereas if you ignore the most important parts there is a good chance he isnt going to be impressed.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

There is no overboard it is all pretty clear.

Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.
Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.

Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon. The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.

Christians should man up or accept they are not true christians. What is there to interpret about "Sell your possessions and give to the needy" or "Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered." The number of poor in this world is greater than ever and your not listening. Why should God listen to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

Op I mean no disrespect when I tell you my view and hope you can respect my pov as I respect yours.

It seems to me your posts/threads have been recently showing your discontent with the ways of the world and even though you do not call yourself a Christian It's my view from the outside looking in you and I have a lot in common. I don't call myself a Christian either however I like you have read the Bible countless times and do believe a lot which the Bible teaches to be true to my heart and soul.

We as people...not just Christians... are to love our brother and sister, we are to give to the less fortunate, and we are to not conform to the bs of the world.

Christianity itself over the years has become more and more politicized. It's not a fairy tale religion and has a lot of holes in it. This is with any organized religion because it's so... well.. unorganized. lol

Your anger is showing in this thread more so than your others imo and I think you like many others, you're just over all the bs and looking to the ones you deem the most favored to do something about the filth we see in the world. We know what Jesus thinks of the money changers and for us it's no different.

How do we change the reality in which we live.... well..

We can change the way we see the world by becoming what we want to see. The rest will follow suit like good sheep do.

We can begin each day by not conforming to what we do like in the world. It all starts with you.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Yeah that is a pretty fair observation.

I'll just end by saying I believe your a christian or your not. If you accept the bible as truth, then you will follow its teachings no matter where they take you, and this will lead you to christ and therefore your a christian. Forget the pope or your priest if the bible tells you to do something you do it and worry about your own happiness when you reach eternal life. Seems to me these new christians want to have their cake and eat it. IMO.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Once I studied the Bible and other ancient texts in depth I decided the Bible like other books are filled with truth here and there but not total truth, if you will.

Maybe others feel the same way hence me not labeling myself yet others have no problem with the label but doesn't mean they coincide with such on the daily. Christians are faulty human beings too, not to be held upon a pedestal. They live in their own comfortable world just like others of different faiths. They do not want their way of life changed and the changes around the world that are needed will cause a major change of the way we live .

Im thinking along the lines of change as this below... just a few ideas to begin such change would be..

Bartering.. no more currency
Growing crops... for the community
Using herbal remedies for meds
Un-Industrialize ourselves-- no more gas powered vehicles to begin with

Feel free to add to the list

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

i dont believe the world is being run dry of food, i think they are getting better at making it seem that way. also better at hiding it from the people that need it. It makes us depend on them even more therefore making it easier to keep it from us.

Also I am pretty sure we are being lied to about the world population. But thats another story

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Well I would add the meat industry must be hampered. Atleast the unnatural caging and farming of animals. The amount of grain required to support the feeding of these mistreated animals could actually be used to feed the world. Instead it is being taken from countries that need it the most and fed to animals so we can fill our faces with steaks and burgers. The grain to meat ratio is probably 1000:1 atleast. I am not judging the world as I did'nt even consider this before now. But to know it is so simple to save hundreds of millions is pretty nuts.

Currency is a myth. We literally traded the world for monopoly money.
We already grow enough and if we grew more and built less malls we could continue to grow as a global population
Meds are the third biggest killers in the US, I dont know the stats for elsewhere
The Industry complex is killing us its crazy.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The food industry is as bad as all the others including but not limited to Big Pharma. All they care about is profit, not health.

My son was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease ( hes 18) and since I have noticed more and more gluten free products becoming available to the many diagnosed. Where in the hell did this disease come from as I do not recall ever hearing of such when I was growing up ( Im 43). They are killing us with everything including the food we eat!!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

It is just pure greed and self interest, all promoting their own power.

I have read about it but I don't know much other than its a disease causing gluten allergys. Relatively new thing really. As a chef I have noticed more people ordering gluten free products which we obviously stock alongside vegan/vegetarian.

They are dumbing us down and poisoning us through food and water. So basically the best way to get everyone. Pokemon Go is causing people to walk off cliffs...work that one out.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It is not my idea. Christ said to belive in him. He also said to love one another.
Pretty simple. "the church" would have you believe it is much more complicated but it is really not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join