It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

The brain releases a chemical in to the body when one falls asleep that effectively 'paralyzes' the muscles in your body so the body doesn't act out the dream state. So, you shouldn't be in any danger of death if you have a sleep paralysis episode.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
1) So I wonder, are you saying that if a person is being visited by this 'siren' then three/four generations back would be a grand or great grandparent?
2) And, if there was an adoption that interrupted the normal/biological familial chain then would the 'siren' come from the new family or the old?

1) Exactly.
2) The adoption would not interrupt. However, there is an interesting catch here.

Firstly, a spiritual contract can only occur within the families bloodline. So the adopted child would not pose any threat because the siren would simply set up a contract with a relation to the adopters. Example: the son/daughter of one of the adopters cousins could easily be selected. Geographical location does not matter.

Now, if a poor family sold out long ago and are so poor that they literally face extinction, it is possible that they would set up a contract with their child and give up the child for adoption. Then if the child goes into a financially better off family, then that poor family contract is maintained.

i doubt there will be conflict within the same family as both contracts might even be allies in the spiritual world. Hence, the spirit world set up the contract to begin with. Both the real adopters and adopted would not even know that in the spiritual world the 2 families are literally next door neighbors.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AshleyD

It has been 30 years since my "alien rape" event occurred.At that time I was
not familiar with the sleep paralysis phenomenon.I spent many years trying
to find out what had happened to me and was always treated with ridicule.
My main issue with the experience was trying to have explained how I was
bruised during the encounter.I didn't bruise myself and I was alone in my
apartment at the time.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As a practicing urban shaman thru various disciplines and substances, I have witnessed "bleed over" from "spiritual" realms.
The cosmos is much more complicated than what our primitive 5 senses ordinarily allow us to experience.
The doors of perception can open when we least expect it.
edit on 24-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AshleyD

Strange that last night I have a dream of a dark hooded old lady (This is before I saw this thread). It was not that scary and intense. I believe the dark hooded old lady symbolize this thread.

edit on 8/24/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

What does the siren want?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging

The brain releases a chemical in to the body when one falls asleep that effectively 'paralyzes' the muscles in your body so the body doesn't act out the dream state. So, you shouldn't be in any danger of death if you have a sleep paralysis episode.

I'm pretty sure this type of paralysis doesn't stop your ability to breathe, that would be counterproductive.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

You mention that your mother saw the 'Hag' in the shape of a younger woman, even childlike and I believe she is simply experiencing a different aspect of the same being. The Hag is three 'beings' or one being with three 'aspects'... or possibly all of those things at once. The Maiden, the Matron, and the Crone. They represent different parts of the feminine, so they are all one, but also distinct from one another. As far as I know, most that see the 'Hag' do typically see the Crone and I can only think of a few times when I have heard of people seeing the child figure.

Most people are indeed frightened and find this experience to be scary and it certainly is; but I don't believe that the Hag is, in and of herself, specifically malevolent.

You also mentioned that when seen they have something in common, the head wrap. I would assume that you mean it looks like the typical 'babushka headscarf' you'd see older women wear? Babushka of course meaning 'grandmother' or 'old women' in places like Russia but it is also often used as a term for that type of wrap as well. It's very commonly associated with something such as Baba Yaga or other 'old lady witch/spirit/demon' or similar. Some might say that Baba Yaga simply IS the Crone, maybe just another name for her, but I think it's debatable. Of course, all this sort of stuff is always up for debate as to the meaning. I personally think the Baba Yaga entity is something... darker... than the Crone in general. Maybe a darker, more malevolent facet of the Crone if they are the same. Interestingly though is that Baba Yaga is sometimes said to actually be three sisters, all named Baba Yaga which perhaps is pointing out that triune nature.

If those you know experienced something closer to Baba Yaga than the typical 'Hag' it might explain the physical illness that went along with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
1) So I wonder, are you saying that if a person is being visited by this 'siren' then three/four generations back would be a grand or great grandparent?
2) And, if there was an adoption that interrupted the normal/biological familial chain then would the 'siren' come from the new family or the old?

1) Exactly.
2) The adoption would not interrupt. However, there is an interesting catch here.

Firstly, a spiritual contract can only occur within the families bloodline. So the adopted child would not pose any threat because the siren would simply set up a contract with a relation to the adopters. Example: the son/daughter of one of the adopters cousins could easily be selected. Geographical location does not matter.

Now, if a poor family sold out long ago and are so poor that they literally face extinction, it is possible that they would set up a contract with their child and give up the child for adoption. Then if the child goes into a financially better off family, then that poor family contract is maintained.

i doubt there will be conflict within the same family as both contracts might even be allies in the spiritual world. Hence, the spirit world set up the contract to begin with. Both the real adopters and adopted would not even know that in the spiritual world the 2 families are literally next door neighbors.

Interesting and I am definitely going to look into this farther.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rshackleford
a reply to: TNMockingbird

You mention that your mother saw the 'Hag' in the shape of a younger woman, even childlike and I believe she is simply experiencing a different aspect of the same being. The Hag is three 'beings' or one being with three 'aspects'... or possibly all of those things at once. The Maiden, the Matron, and the Crone. They represent different parts of the feminine, so they are all one, but also distinct from one another. As far as I know, most that see the 'Hag' do typically see the Crone and I can only think of a few times when I have heard of people seeing the child figure.
Most people are indeed frightened and find this experience to be scary and it certainly is; but I don't believe that the Hag is, in and of herself, specifically malevolent.
You also mentioned that when seen they have something in common, the head wrap. I would assume that you mean it looks like the typical 'babushka headscarf' you'd see older women wear? Babushka of course meaning 'grandmother' or 'old women' in places like Russia but it is also often used as a term for that type of wrap as well. It's very commonly associated with something such as Baba Yaga or other 'old lady witch/spirit/demon' or similar. Some might say that Baba Yaga simply IS the Crone, maybe just another name for her, but I think it's debatable. Of course, all this sort of stuff is always up for debate as to the meaning. I personally think the Baba Yaga entity is something... darker... than the Crone in general. Maybe a darker, more malevolent facet of the Crone if they are the same. Interestingly though is that Baba Yaga is sometimes said to actually be three sisters, all named Baba Yaga which perhaps is pointing out that triune nature.
If those you know experienced something closer to Baba Yaga than the typical 'Hag' it might explain the physical illness that went along with it.

Yes regarding the headscarf. My Mother described it as a turban.

The physical, emotional and psychological illnesses have maintained even though the 'hag' hasn't been seen for a while now. The young woman is sleeping with the lights on when she does sleep now. In fact, the lights are never off.

The younger 'hag' brought comfort and peace to my Mother and the older 'hag' seems to be trying to communicate something. Or that's what the woman feels/thinks is happening rather. Sometimes the 'hag' doesn't approach and only stands watching. I've been told if she takes her eyes off of her and look away, when she looks back she will be beside her.

Something else to study.
Thank you!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I know, that was the point I was trying to get across.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Some people experience myclonic jerks as they enter deeper states of sleep. As our muscles become relaxed, the brain interprets this as if the body is falling, causing it to tense up in order to prevent a fall. This "jerk" can cause people to enter the hypnopompic state which can be very disorienting. Difficulty in breathing occurs because our muscles have remained relaxed even though our mind has been "awakened".

In this state, we attempt to objectify our actual surroundings from a "dreamlike" perspective instead of being fully awake and rational. My guess is "the hag" resulted from chest pressure due to resting muscles that remain in rest during the hypnopompic state, making it hard to breath. Before scientists had the ability to investigate, many unexplainable phenomenon were associated with demons or spirits. The story stuck as did many other tales.

My 2 cents.

Trying to explain a supernatural event with an ALLEGED state of consciousness will never be accepted because this would prove that man is more than body and mind and proves once more the possibiity of the supernatural does exist...

One of the main reasons why the science field rejects the "supernatural" is because of their definition of what a scientist is ..... meaning they have already rejected the supernatural/spiritual side of man by eliminating this fact through definition. So if you have a scientific background you too will reject any notion of the supernatural and define it as nothing more than "mind related". Actually a genius way to attack your opponent before the bickering begins.

Of course the Hag does exist who is also known as Jezabel. She is very mean and she can reach out and grab you! Jezabel seeks out rebels and haters of men who rules over the succubus and the insuccubus. She is not scared to hide her face and can be easily called out. She loves a good fight.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The hag lives off the exploitation of young girls and eats sexual energy for power. If shes visiting you it has something to do with sexual abuse.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The hag lives off the exploitation of young girls and eats sexual energy for power. If shes visiting you it has something to do with sexual abuse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join