It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Human nature is going to ruin our chance to meet et's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok lets give this some thought, the year is 2005, and our world is yet again rocked by war, ever since man became man we have been killing each other, to survive no to conqur yes, Now i ask you in this world of high tech weapons, nukes fighter jets, what alien species in there right mind would travel millions of light years to vist earth with the chance to make peace, yea right, man kind is not ready to meet ets, i would think if an alien species were to visit earth and im sure they have, and are as we speak, would only visit to asses the situation, maby they havent made there presence known becasue they even think that we are to war like and would kill them, if anything from a military point of view there running recon, like i said to asses if we a ready, im sure they have intersepted our com sats and know the past of our world, are we a threat to them, i would think so, we have harnesed the power of the universe and we use it to kill, would we want to meet us if the situation was reversed, the government and armys all around the world kill each other over what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oil, money, greed if you ask me the world is childish and we need to unite as one, then maby the visitors will give us a chance to meet them, like i said if i were them i wouldent want to meet me,

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yeah, the world is totally not ready for a open meeting with alien life. Maybe in a few Hundred years...If humans are still around. Really the only thing I can think of that would end earthly wars was if we were invaded by ets and we all had to join together. So I guess with that logic in mind we can never have a peaceful relationship with aliens.
Maybe if we find a way on our own to make first contact. That might be the only way to meet them on a world scale with out having world peace first.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Yeah, the world is totally not ready for a open meeting with alien life. Maybe in a few Hundred years...If humans are still around. Really the only thing I can think of that would end earthly wars was if we were invaded by ets and we all had to join together. So I guess with that logic in mind we can never have a peaceful relationship with aliens.
Maybe if we find a way on our own to make first contact. That might be the only way to meet them on a world scale with out having world peace first.

We`r not ready,true.But what makes the greys anymore better than us.Even though we`r causing war,which is wrong and pointless,the greys are worse.They abduct countless amounts of people,force these people to go through intensive operations and experiments and then return these people back home where this will haunt them for the rest of their live.The greys are worse because what they doing to the humanrace far exceeds the how wrong war is.So in actual fact,their a worse alien race than us.

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I disagree with Blackst33l, War is worse, it leaves a much more intense trauma, esspecially to childeren, but I do agree, Greys are bad as well, and we have the RIGHT to shoot them down...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I disagree with Blackst33l, War is worse, it leaves a much more intense trauma, esspecially to childeren, but I do agree, Greys are bad as well, and we have the RIGHT to shoot them down...

Yea,point made.But what im really afraid of is when these greys come out and reveal themselves.And then they`ll continue to do this but with the publics knowledge.How are we going to fight this?I cant sit here and watch them do this to us.

Everybody has a weakness.They must also.I just wish there was someway to tell them to backoff.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think that if aliens showed themselves to the world then, maybe, for a brief moment we will unite as a human race in awe of this new species, and we can put things inperspective as one. Of course catch 22, if they don't want anything to do with us b/c of war, then that's not going to happen.

+ I don't think they are necessarily violent as they are inhumane scientists that test make up on bunnies. They just want to study us, but you know they could develop language translators and just ask us how we work (heh heh)

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Some people seam to think that war is unique to the human race infact if we hadn't kicked the 4$$ of the neanderthal we wouldn't be around. The same situation is likely to exist on any world the species that is the most warlike will be the most dominant.
There is always going to be war as long as there is a finate amount of resources and space. If we all united and there was no war maybe it would be nice for a while but eventually we would have over population problems and food shortages, those who decide to split from this union and attack other people would be the ones with the definate advantage.
As has allready been mentioned in this thread an alien species would have no desire to make peacefull contact with us since they would have nothing to gain whatsoever. The only contact we will have is a species such as the reptilians chosing the exploit us.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by TruthResearcher2000]

[edit on 21-1-2005 by TruthResearcher2000]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think there are friendly alien civilizations, but also quite bad ones. Concerning a possible contact, unfortunatelly i think the only way it could happen these days would be if some nuclear wars happen. Some civilizations would probably intervene to prevent possible nuclear damages outside earth.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
On the matter of resources, I would imagine if a society is advanced enough for instellar travel beyond their own neighboorhood of space, they would have the technology to manufacture what they needed artificially.

Just my thought,

ADHDsux4me

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What if the aliens are like Klingons and simply admire our fierce nature???

So many ifs....

Now, I don't believe this is the case, but something to consider, nonetheless....no rule saying that aliens are peace-loving.....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe it's a glass is half empty or it's half full type of thing. Pessimism versus optimism. I like to think that aliens aren't hostile without a logical reason. Not to say that there isn't a small minority that would love nothing more than to take over and kill everything.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Would there not be a galactic community? Would there not be something like the UN in space? I would think if there was not then we would be in shackles or incinerated already. If there are Alien life forms on earth and manipulating things they must be breaking some galactic law. That or life in the universe is so sparse that no Unity has developed.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well if they do have a UN then I hope it's better than the one we have here. Anyway, they are probably living in peace, I mean we can't see any battle fleets going anywhere that we can see, which is a relatively small space. If there is though it's obviously selective because we haven't been asked to join, that we know of. (heh heh)

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
point one
if they did have an alien un then we probly wouldnt be in shackles and incinerated or whatnot. we r still a young species it would be the equivalent of a minor commiting murder or sumthing we still havent even reached "driving age" aka interstellar travel

point two
if they wanted to invade us b/c we were a threat to extrasolar life it would be quite simple all they would have to do is place sentries in orbit b/c our technology would probly be hundreds if not thousands of years behind theirs so it would be a simple matter to just destroy our spaceports

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This whole discussion is centered around humans being in your oppinion BAD, And all other alien races as perfect and GOOD.

I belive its not intelligent or wise to assume a stranger is perfect or good.
Even most kindergardener's know this.

Did you miss kindergarden?

Should I pencil you in for an appointment with McGruff the crime dog or whatever they use now? lol sorry i couldnt help it.

TO generalize something as big as all other life outhere as BAD or GOOD is in my oppinion ridiculous.
You have no clue how complex that question is,
Is man GOOD or BAD ? isnt it more complex than that I certainly belive so...

[edit on 23-1-2005 by lizzardsamok]

new topics

top topics

join