It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.2 Earthquke, 10 KM Depth, Norcia, Italy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It's odd to me too...facebook, other than the Italian pages, is strangely quiet about this. One of my Italian friends has not even posted, and she posts constantly about all things Italy related. Her entire family still lives there.

Very quiet, I have many bead artist friends from there.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

how about twitter messages..

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It's odd to me too...facebook, other than the Italian pages, is strangely quiet about this. One of my Italian friends has not even posted, and she posts constantly about all things Italy related. Her entire family still lives there.

Very quiet, I have many bead artist friends from there.

maybe people are a little spooked right now, by now the morning is very well lit though..

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

@ABC news twitter photo of rescuers searching rubble in Arcuata Del Tronto. The death toll stands at 4.
edit on 24-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Unfortunately at least 2 people died in the earthquake.

Follow @Sean_Breslin

A large, damaging 6.2 magnitude earthquake struck central Italy at 3:36 a.m. local time Wednesday morning (9:36 p.m. EDT Tuesday night), killing at least two people.

The tremor occurred at a depth of 6.2 miles, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The quake's epicenter was 4.1 miles west-northwest of Accumoli, Italy, and a little more than 100 miles northeast of Rome.

Major damage was reported in the town of Amatrice, a town of about 2,700 in the province of Rieti. Mayor Sergio Pirozzi said the quake was "a tragedy," and added that there was no electricity in the town that had been reduced to rubble.

"I'm trying to contact the services. The town doesn't exist anymore," he told RAI radio, as reported by the Telegraph. "The ancient doors have come down. We need help from the civic protection."

weather.com...

Apparently the earthquake destroyed the town.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
530am over there, couple of hours, sun will be up and more photos will come out..

Oh my goodness those buildings are so old.
How awful to be trapped. 14 dead and that number will go up.
Weather is good for those trapped, they say.
edit on 24-8-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
There's been a landslide and a bridge in danger of collapsing. Many people trapped under rubble.

Death toll at 14 and expected to rise.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yeah, just heard the update in Spanish that so far 14 people died in the earthquake. :/

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is very sad:
Earthquake leaves at least 37 dead in central Italy

A magnitude 6.2 earthquake has struck central Italy, leaving at least 37 people dead and 150 missing, as rescuers search for survivors.

The pictures of the devastation are heartbreaking. Those with missing family and friends still missing under the rubble must be terrified.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The death toll is 37 and is rising. How awful. My prayers go out to the people there!

Another quake hit, this time in Myanmar (southeast Asia). A 6.8!

Good grief!!

edit on 24-8-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
takemelive.com...

livestream of search and rescue at the moment.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
and a 6.8 in Myanmar too. shaky day

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here is the latest from earthquake-report.com...

Very Strong earthquake - Central Italy - at least 63 dead, over 100 expected unfortunately

UPDATE 12:45pm GMT: The damage at Amatrice and Accumoli is still being evaluated but from photos Amatrice - 35 dead; Accumoli - 11 dead; Pescara del Tronto and Arquata del Tronto - 17 dead. UPDATE 12:30pm GMT: Just to clear up something we are reading in the press. This earthquake was not of the same ground motion levels or magnitude as L'Aquila. The magnitude of Mw6.0 is less than that of L'Aqulia by about 2-3 times the energy output. It could be however that some structures due to the spectral response of the earthquake, have experienced larger motions at a certain distance than were seen in the 2009 event. Earthquakes although having the same magnitude and perhaps depth; can have very different seismic signals and impacts.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Here is a slide show of damage to just one location. This is very bad. Pray for Italy
Link

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
The death toll is 37 and is rising. How awful. My prayers go out to the people there!

Another quake hit, this time in Myanmar (southeast Asia). A 6.8!

Good grief!!

Just reading up on that one in Asia right now. One person has died. I hope no more.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

'The piazza looked like Dante's Inferno, everyone was crying': Horrific details emerge as rescuers hunt for 150 buried under rubble after 6.2 magnitude earthquake rocks Italy killing at least 73

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Facebook Safety Check

Red Cross Italy is accepting donations in Euros:

Red Cross Italy
edit on 24-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
www.telegraph.co.uk...

'The piazza looked like Dante's Inferno, everyone was crying': Horrific details emerge as rescuers hunt for 150 buried under rubble after 6.2 magnitude earthquake rocks Italy killing at least 73

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sadly, that is the death toll. It will rise as recovery efforts continue.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

I don't have a Twitter account or I'd check. I know OP posted some Twitter links but I think someone said there was an internet outage...that may be why facebook was so quiet.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
my niece is in the area vacationing with her husband and 2 year old, they are ok but she says the damage is horrible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join