Don't you hate working on the weekends?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Don't you hate working on the weekends?

Here my family is having a cook-out and I am driving into town to meet with a unhappy client. Some times I hate this job but it has made it possible for my family to live the American dream. Nice cars, nice house, pool, good schools for the kids, the works. I worked my way up from the bottom too.I started out as a salesmen and then they found out I had a knack for working with people so I worked my way up to Costumer Relations. Yep I am just what you call a "people person".

I was looking forward to laying around the pool and having a Bar-B-Que this weekend but my boss called and insisted I meet with this client this weekend and what the heck you got to pay the bills, right? My wife was mad but she just doesn't understand, who does she thinks pays for all this? The Company of course. Sometimes women are just unreasonable.

Her little tiff made me kind of mad so I listened to a little classic rock on the way into town to help me chill out a little. I cant be meeting with clients mad, thats the trick you must maintain calm to keep the edge. I think I will stop on the way home and get her a little jewelry or something I don't want to fight all weekend and it will smooth things out. I hate to fuss with her, life is too short to be arguing all the time, don't you think.

Heres my exit, the Client is at the restaurant at the corner. I pull around the block and park. I locked my doors even though this is a nice neighborhood you can never tell. The Restaurant is nice I have never ate here but I have heard the food is good. I walk around the corner and through the door and walk right past the Doorman, the client is just where my boss said he would be and as I walk up behind him I pull the .45 out of my jacket and put the first slug in the back of his head. He flops over with parts of his skull all over the wall and table.I put another in his head for good luck and drop the gun on the floor. It was stolen and I have glue covering my finger tips so prints wont be found.

I walk normally out the door people are screaming and running, none of them will be able to ID me, they never have before. When I get to my car I ditch the hat and sunglasses and drive off. There is a jewelry store a couple miles from here I will stop there and get her something nice. Maybe get the kids something too.

God I hate working on the weekends

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Good short story. I love the dichotomy between what the man does for a living and the thoughts he has surrounding a normal family life.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Great stuff!

i love the way at the beggining you have no idea where the storys going,
Great twist, look forward to more

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Great story, I really liked it.

Odd, I may have a dirty mind, but my first thought after finishing it was, smart man, you *know* what that jewelry will get you from us females.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Right time for reality-LOL.

Yeah good stroy A.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have to agree, really food story!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Good short story. I love the dichotomy between what the man does for a living and the thoughts he has surrounding a normal family life.

Thats what I was aiming at. How people can separate their lives into two completely different areas that have little if anything to do with each other

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Bumping this up in my never ending quest for approval

I have a few more that I will polish up and post. I am thinking about taking a class since I really dont have a clue what I am doing other than writing for fun.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I thought it was really well written. A class can teach you the mechanics of writing, but you need to have the imagination to come up with these crazy ideas, which you obviously do. If you aren't submitting them already, you should be.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Very cool Amuk

God I hate working on the weekends

Amen.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Amuk that story is not what you do on your partime job. Right?

Please tell me is just a satire of a working man, I was kind of feeling like it could be my husband until the "Job" was done.

I think I will have to insist the next time my husband is gone away for "business" that I want to go with him

As a matter of fact his next "TAD" is at the end of the month.

I better don't ask any questions if he brings me a present. Hum......

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Please tell me is just a satire of a working man, I was kind of feeling like it could be my husband until the "Job" was done.

That was my entire point, it COULD be your husband

I was just trying to show how people separate who they are from what they do. The guy will take his wife home a set of ear rings and play with his kids. The fingers that pulled the trigger will be holding his daughters story book a couple hours later. He sees himself as a family man with a job just like everyone else.

It could be a hit man, a solider, even a serial killer, etc. But mainly it was just a story

With a little twisted humor thrown in

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

That was my entire point, it COULD be your husband

I was just trying to show how people seperate who they are from what they do.

Well Amuk, thanks for that I even got a pair of earrings from one of my husband's trip once.

Now It will never be the same after that story Amuk

You are taking away my fairy tale.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Bumping this up in my never ending quest for approval

You certainly have the Pisky's approval

I thought he was a realtor until the end ... and if there's something I have to have in a book, its an ending I didn't expect.

Top notch work, Amuk

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Great story Amuk. Didn't expect the ending you pulled out of no where. Keep them coming.

regs

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Good story, with an awesome ending!! Keep it up

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Damn, I love a good happy ending.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

I thought of it more as a Family Values story....LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

I thought of it more as a Family Values story....LOL

Perhaps the Manson family.

Great short. I wasn't expecting the ending at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
excellent work Amuk, you continue to impress me with your versitality.

At first I thought the character was a vaccum salesman or something along those lines, i loved the twist.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join