It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Won’t Tell Congress How It Paid Iran $1.3 Billion in Taxpayer Funds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
More shady deals in the making about this Iran "payment" plan the U.S. is doing.

Seems Obama doesn't want Congress to know about the $1.3 billion.

The story is saying the Treasury transferred a bunch of money to the State Department in 13 "small" increments of $99,999,999.99 each !!!

Lots of hidden things with Iran.

Why can't they just tell the public what the Hell is going on?

Side story...
Riddle of $1.3 Billion for Iran Might Relate to 13 Outlays Of Exactly $99,999,999.99

Article...
Obama Admin Won’t Tell Congress How It Paid Iran $1.3 Billion in Taxpayer Funds

The Obama administration is withholding from Congress details about how $1.3 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds was delivered to Iran, according to conversations with lawmakers, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the administration is now stonewalling an official inquiry into the matter.

The Departments of State, Treasury, and Justice have all rebuffed a congressional probe into the circumstances surrounding the $1.3 billion payment to Iran, which is part of an additional $400 million cash payout that occurred just prior to the release of several U.S. hostages and led to accusations that the administration had paid Iran a ransom.

The Obama administration has admitted in recent days that the $400 million cash delivery to Iran was part of an effort to secure the release of these American hostages, raising further questions on Capitol Hill about White House efforts to suppress these details from the public.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Transparent of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There was a decision some time ago to pay monry frozen since 1979 or 78. We paid it. It's over.

Or...we could form comittees, have investigations for 3 years. When Republicans aren't satisfied, we can have more investigations.

I will add that, for some computer systems, that is the highest amount that can be made for a single payment. Older mainframes, for example.

If there is a computer expert here that is familiar with this, please chime in.
edit on 23-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yep. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Why is the Obama circus blocking an investigation, if there's nothing to it? A bit suspicious that they delivered money juuust when Iran released our people. Why are they releasing money NOW, that they held for so long? Why the travel warning? Maybe because they know Iran is going to hold Americans for ransom and they don't want us to know they cave to it? The Obama administration has been a failure from day 1.

Move along folks....move along.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Presumably they gave them the money that was theirs to begin with that the US stole, I mean Froze in 1979.

I think it's pretty scandalous that Iran has to take hostages to actually get what belongs to them. This warlike hardline stance against Iran needs to end

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Yep. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Why is the Obama circus blocking an investigation, if there's nothing to it? A bit suspicious that they delivered money juuust when Iran released our people. Why are they releasing money NOW, that they held for so long? Why the travel warning? Maybe because they know Iran is going to hold Americans for ransom and they don't want us to know they cave to it? The Obama administration has been a failure from day 1.

Move along folks....move along.

It may have been more convenient for us. Get the payment out of the way and get some US citizens back at the same time?

The Obama Administration has not been a failure, especially if you are someone who reads statistics.

Or would you rather let US citizens be held there due to a common saying 'we do not negotiate with terrorists' which is not a law, btw. It is a strategy often, but not always used.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

There was a decision some time ago to pay monry frozen since 1979. We paid it. It's over.

Or...we could form comittees, have investigations for 3 years. When Republicans aren;t satisfied, we can have more investigations.

I will add that, for some comuter systems, that is the highest amount that can be made for a single payment. Older mainframes, for example.

If there is a computer expert here that is familiar with this, please chime in.

Or we could start being honest with the American people. Seems like that could save taxpayers a lot of money instead of withholding information and emails. Just tell Congress and get it over with. Just tell reporters that State Dept staff were doing Hillary personal stuff when they were suppose to doing our stuff. You do realize Mills was getting paid with your tax money while working for a private foundation. For two days she got paid by you for doing nothing.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

We all seem to "know" that.

So why all the secrecy and defensive posture by Obama?

Why not just issue a written page explaining the whole thing?

He must be nervous about something.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Yea he cut that national debt down to almost nothing, am I right?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I can see making sure they let the people go before they get their money, even it it was their money to begin with, to make sure they uphold their part of the deals. If the US can get some people back as we return the frozen money, it seem to be a good move to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I bet there's something involved with this ....

Supreme Court lets terror victims collect Iran's frozen money

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

We all seem to "know" that.

So why all the secrecy and defensive posture by Obama?

Why not just issue a written page explaining the whole thing?

He must be nervous about something.

The government never has and never will tell us 'everything' we want to know (see UFOs lol). I might find it interesting reading, all the details of how this came to pass. It is possible there is something classified in there.

You seem to think it is Obama personally that is hiding something horrible and to what end? Do you think he personally profited from this?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I bet there's something involved with this ....

Supreme Court lets terror victims collect Iran's frozen money

I see that.

Liberal Democrats and conservative Republicans in Congress, as well as the Obama administration, supported the families in the case.

Was this payment ALL we froze? Are there court cases where victims are suing? These are details that should be investigated.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I can see making sure they let the people go before they get their money, even it it was their money to begin with, to make sure they uphold their part of the deals. If the US can get some people back as we return the frozen money, it seem to be a good move to me.

Me too. Seems to be a win win.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Sure there's probably "classified" stuff involved.

But why don't they just say that ?

The money parts are already known, that isn't classified.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Huh

From the thread about the lady who claimed she was owned 100,000 in SS.

She carried three suitcases of paperwork documenting her claim that the government owed her more than $100,000. Many people thought she was mentally ill and was making it up. But she was right all along, and Social Security wrote her a check for $99,999. They will probably give her more.

Maybe the government charges $1 for writing a check now.

link   
I'd like the details on why they sent Iran my 4$.
Cough it up King.

link   

We pay them hundreds of millions a year in "aid" how in the world could we owe them anything?
edit on 23-8-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

It would appear so but that is not how hostage takers see it. Now they know how to get what they want. Take more hostages which they just did to restock the shelf. Look at Israel, they are always making deals with hostages. It never ends and won't until they stop dealing with them. At that point it stops.

If you know anything about Iran this is part of their culture. Declare a truce and then once they get what they want game on. Been doing it since ancient times.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
ok guys you can give iran back that money we had frozen.

ugh, sorry boss we stole and spent that money a long time ago.

oh!, well, ok just have the treasury print up 1.3 billion in hundred dollar bills.

ok, boss i`ll get right on that.

seriously, does anybody think that the iranian money has just been sitting in a bank for the past 35+ years? that money taken and spent long ago because nobody thought we would ever have to give it back.

edit on 23-8-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join