It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Alrobot, used by the Iraqi army to fight ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The military robot is the mechanical brainchild of two brothers from the Iraqi capital. Covered in Teflon armour, the four-wheeled vehicle is able to tackle the harsh desert heat. Most importantly its all remote-controlled and can be operated at up to a kilometre away, with operators using a laptop computer.

The Alrobot's arsenal of weaponry includes a heavy machine gun with a wide arc of fire, four on-board cameras, as well as a launcher to fire Russian Katsuya rockets.

I think this is a great advancement for the Iraq soldiers, to not put good lives in harms way of those radicals. This personally is how the whole situation over there should be dealt with. Bunch of 20+ years olds over in America with games controllers connected to robotic machines like this.

I thought this was cool, so thought I would post it.

edit on 23-8-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, better get that Form 1 ready...I wonder if I can get one of these in Semi auto only and just do the NICS check?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I am guessing they will continue to upgrade this thing, and would be much better to see a group of these rolling over the horizon with multiple of weapons at the ready.

I guess in time youll be able to get these things running whatever you want
Could do with capabilities of firing sniper type shots. Imagine that..

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

I wonder, does this machine have an IA backbone while the operator hides behind anything solid?

I suppose we paid for if not designed and handed out those things to them.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There was stuff like this back in WW2, RC tanks and the like. Not just the German Goliath, the Russians had their own range of vehicles operated remotely.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
There was stuff like this back in WW2, RC tanks and the like. Not just the German Goliath, the Russians had their own range of vehicles operated remotely.

Yeah can imagine there was such things used in WW2 also, seems kind of strange doesnt it to see them go backwards instead of utilising fully remote controlled tanks like this more often. Why risk lives when these can be sent into battle.

I know we have drones but the ability to be on the ground and pick of an enemy as a single target instead of blowing a street up
seems like something they should be pushing for.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Another mass weapon of destruction.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
Another mass weapon of destruction.

I guess all weapons are weapons of mass destruction. Maybe they should put some Bang flags in the end of the turrets just for fun.

........ Comes charging through ISIS occupied territory, there firing bullets, grenades, rockets at it.... Smoke settles.....BANG FLAG!
Drives off....
edit on 23-8-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
And in 5-10 years these drones roll over our streets, with a police sign on the side...

top topics

join