It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Jacked Up His Campaign's Trump Tower Rent Once Somebody Else Was Paying For It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Indigo5

The part of the article that makes no sense is...

Huffington Post notes that "Prior to May, three-quarters of the $59 million spent by Trump’s campaign had come out of his own pocket ― meaning that whatever Trump charged his campaign for rent was largely coming from Trump himself. That situation is now entirely reversed. Trump’s money makes up a tiny percentage of his campaign’s spending. The bulk now comes from outside donors, both small-dollar givers and those writing maximum-limit checks of $2,700

1/10 of his campaigns money recently is donations. The rest is his still.

There is the source of your confusion...the false belief or claim that he is funding 90% of his campaign...Wow...

IN TOTAL...

37% were LOANS from Trump to his campaign
3.5% were actual contributions from Trump to his own campaign
13.1% Transfers from RNC Committees
45% Individual Contributions

IN JUNE
Receipts...5M
3M from individual contributors
2M In loans to himself

IN JULY
Receipts...36M
Individual Contributors ...20M
RNC Committee transfers ..14M
Trump Contributions 2M

So what do you mean by 1/10th is campaign donations recently? You can look it all up on FEC.gov

edit on 23-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why do the anti trumpers even care? You're not voting for him. You're not changing anyone's mind. I swear, there is more crap being flung by you anti crowders than at the chimp exhibit. We get it, you hate Trump and his base. Now go and make a positive change in your neighborhood by being a good person and stop with this faux outrage.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abinkadoo
You people keep trying to bring up these petty cases about Trump, this is desparation at its finest. Yes I'm going to use the, "look at hillary" response, because it's completely logical. You're gonna compare someone raising rent, say it with me, raising rent...........to the ridiculously long track record of a known world corrupt criminal? Cmon now. It's getting old.

Rent is generally raised no more than 10% a YEAR. He did this to amass 5x the money for himself, charging his own donors. It just makes no sense why anyone would give him another dime.

He was also going to 'forgive' the money he loaned his campaign. The paperwork is not filed, it appears he has changed his mind. He will make millions upon millions on this. Ntm the paid appearances he scheduled to coincide with campaign stops.

As far as 'corrupt criminal goes', Trump's past is incredibly shady from who he borrows from to circumventing the Gaming Comission in Atlantic City to mob ties in constructing his buildings.

And again, the pending civil suit in regard to the rape of a 13 year old girl.

If you want to go the 'criminal route', you sure can.
edit on 23-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Why do the anti trumpers even care? You're not voting for him. You're not changing anyone's mind. I swear, there is more crap being flung by you anti crowders than at the chimp exhibit. We get it, you hate Trump and his base. Now go and make a positive change in your neighborhood by being a good person and stop with this faux outrage.

The anti- Clintoners fill ATS with anti-Clinton minutae threads every day here. Why do they care? Those posts out number anti-Trump threads at least 3:1.

When an anti-Trump thread pops up, it is 'crap being flung in a chimp exhibit'.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The anti- Clintoners fill ATS with anti-Clinton minutae threads every day here. Why do they care? Those posts out number anti-Trump threads at least 3:1.

When an anti-Trump thread poops up, it is 'crap being flung in a chimp exhibit'.

Of course it's you responding. The former republican "non Hillary supporter".

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

This is funny how people try to make something of nothing. His campaign started on one floor with a couple of offices he now takes up twO and a half floors. I would be surprised if the rent didn't go up. And what's funnier is that's a bargain rate for two and a half floors of office space at Trump tower. Do you have any idea how expensive rent is there?

He charges 2958.00 per square foot on his suites there. Imagine entire floors is this really the best people can do? Me thinks hillary supporters are getting desperate and obviously scared.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

When an anti-Trump thread poops up, it is 'crap being flung in a chimp exhibit'.

Of course it's you responding. The former republican "non Hillary supporter".

???????? I have never been a Republican. I have said multiple times on ATS that the first time I voted it was for Jessee Jackson during his second run in the primaries.

I have a thread stating I was outraged NY state changed my voter registration card from democrat to 'none'. I signed up for a class action suit in regard to that.

I was a Sanders supporter. I changed when he changed.

If you have the idea that I have ever been a Republican, you are mistaking me for someone else. I worked as a supervisor on phones for both Obama campaigns.

I made this (poorly made) youtube video for my mother in 2008, when she first was told her disease was terminal.

Your comment was incredibly incorrect AND insulting.

A REBUBLICAN??? If youn can find I was one, the ME is real.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
Link

WASHINGTON ― After bragging for a year about how cheaply he was running his campaign, Donald Trump is spending more freely now that other people are contributing ― particularly when the beneficiary is himself. Trump nearly quintupled the monthly rent his presidential campaign pays for its headquarters at Trump Tower to $169,758 in July, when he was raising funds from donors, compared with March, when he was self-funding his campaign, according to a Huffington Post review of Federal Election Commission filings. The rent jumped even though he was paying fewer staff in July than he did in March.

The Trump campaign paid Trump Tower Commercial LLC $35,458 in March ― the same amount it had been paying since last summer ― and had 197 paid employees and consultants. In July, it paid 172 employees and consultants. “If I was a donor, I’d want answers,” said a prominent Republican National Committee member who supports Trump, asking for anonymity to speak freely. “If they don’t have any more staff, and they’re paying five times more? That’s the kind of stuff I’d read and try to make an (attack) ad out of it.”

It must be nice. Trump rents offices to his own campaign, and once somebody else (contributors) is picking up the tab, he quadruples the rent. I guess Trump doesn't mind ripping off his followers?

The real question is, do his followers mind being ripped off?

Leave it to Donald to find a loophole to enrich himself. if I were one of his donors, I'd be wanting my money back.

This only proves that Trump is more than qualified to be president.

Because that's what presidents do, enrich themselves and their inner circle at the expense of everyone else.

What, you only care when the other side is doing it?

These people are all scumbag bottom feeders yet it seems all of you have selective hearing and sight as you can only see the BS from the other side.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

One... first and foremost... I'm not a Hillary supporter. never was.. never will be.

Two... if you find no improprieties with what Trump is doing, then you are either too delusional for words, or drunk on the orange kool aid.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

You mean the other side... as in Jill Stein? As that is who I am voting for. So.. I guess you lack a point as well.
edit on 23-8-2016 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Jesse Jackson?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr. Moonlight

But NATIONAL security from a confirmed threat doesn't PHASE you and your people?
IT DOES mine!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
But NATIONAL security from a confirmed threat doesn't PHASE you and your people?

IT DOES mine!

As it should... We can agree National Security is of paramount concern to most Americans.

Trump without a presidency or office is currently a National threat by inviting Putin to illegally hack sensitive US networks in an attempt to influence an American Presidential Election.

STATEMENT BY FORMER NATIONAL SECURITY OFFICIALS

Before you say it, No, the United States top National Security Officials and Republican Officers are not in some conspiracy against the American people.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Jeh has my bullseye and the HELL they aren't.
COG is JUST a contingency as was the Rex 84 but I know a Ranger who broke down a few facts about them.
But YOU have to have a broken screw loose to pick a fight with combat vets of you think we are potential terrorists to our country.
ONLY to Jihadists (Hidden and in view) and in power SJWs who are on their way out,who displayed traitorous acts,in the eyes of trigger pullers across the US.
Trump is a business man with a big mouth
The MIC stopped 4 presidents from hitting Iran, DON'T try to tell me they would have issues with an unreasonable executive officer. I KNOW they can.
But Botching a NATIONAL security issue and ALL he rest of the obvious and glaring examples of prior mission failure will NOT be acceptable.
In "SPOOK" terms THEY all do it SHE got caught,the unforgivable sin in recon OR intelligence.

edit on 23-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Equating Trump supporters to terrorists is a misrepresentation of my post.

If we are to talk National Security and Trump...applying weight to an official statement from 50 United States top Security Officials is reasonable imo.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Not at all...DNC spooks or RNC spooks are still spooks
I couldn't care LESS if you have Both Rice sisters harmonizing the same story.
HERE I am a LOWLY CAV E4 and I need to explain to YOU about Benghazi and HOW it was goat screwed?
HACKED because of failed security for SELFISH or CRIMINAL reasons?
Come on pal.

(post by rollanotherone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Not at all...DNC spooks or RNC spooks are still spooks
I couldn't care LESS if you have Both Rice sisters harmonizing the same story.
HERE I am a LOWLY CAV E4 and I need to explain to YOU about
Benghazi and HOW it was goat screwed?
HACKED because of failed security for SELFISH or CRIMINAL reasons?
Come on pal.

I agree Benghazi shouldn't have been so unprotected, if anything a lack of imagination is her "crime" not high treason. Benghazi and the e-mail scandal is all the Republicans have on Hillary because her service, education, experience and human rights work doesn't serve their narrative.

btw Benghazi has nothing to do with Mr. Trump being a danger to National Security.

STATEMENT BY FORMER NATIONAL SECURITY OFFICIALS

Here’s the full statement issued Monday from the 50 national security officials about Donald Trump:

The undersigned individuals have all served in senior national security and/or foreign policy positions in Republican Administrations, from Richard Nixon to George W. Bush. We have worked directly on national security issues with these Republican Presidents and/or their principal advisers during wartime and other periods of crisis, through successes and failures. We know the personal qualities required of a President of the United States.

None of us will vote for Donald Trump.

From a foreign policy perspective, Donald Trump is not qualified to be President and Commander-in-Chief. Indeed, we are convinced that he would be a dangerous President and would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.

Most fundamentally, Mr. Trump lacks the character, values, and experience to be President. He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world. He appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws, and U.S. institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press, and an independent judiciary.

In addition, Mr. Trump has demonstrated repeatedly that he has little understanding of America’s vital national interests, its complex diplomatic challenges, its indispensable alliances, and the democratic values on which U.S. foreign policy must be based. At the same time, he persistently compliments our adversaries and threatens our allies and friends. Unlike previous Presidents who had limited experience in foreign affairs, Mr. Trump has shown no interest in educating himself. He continues to display an alarming ignorance of basic facts of contemporary international politics. Despite his lack of knowledge, Mr. Trump claims that he understands foreign affairs and “knows more about ISIS than the generals do.”

Mr. Trump lacks the temperament to be President. In our experience, a President must be willing to listen to his advisers and department heads; must encourage consideration of conflicting views; and must acknowledge errors and learn from them. A President must be disciplined, control emotions, and act only after reflection and careful deliberation. A President must maintain cordial relationships with leaders of countries of different backgrounds and must have their respect and trust.

In our judgment, Mr. Trump has none of these critical qualities. He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood. He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior. All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be President and Commanderin-Chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal.

We understand that many Americans are profoundly frustrated with the federal government and its inability to solve pressing domestic and international problems. We also know that many have doubts about Hillary Clinton, as do many of us. But Donald Trump is not the answer to America’s daunting challenges and to this crucial election. We are convinced that in the Oval Office, he would be the most reckless President in American history.

edit on 23-8-2016 by Mr. Moonlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: dragonridr

One... first and foremost... I'm not a Hillary supporter. never was.. never will be.

Two... if you find no improprieties with what Trump is doing, then you are either too delusional for words, or drunk on the orange kool aid.

What running for president?? That's all he's done so far. You a parent ly have a problem with what hes said I take it. Well I don't blame you many do but reality is we can judge Clinton by her actions. And as we can see she is a crooked politician. We can try to say Trump would be the same but we don't know. Yeah Trump lies but yet So does Hillary. They Both say stupid things they both attack the othe with false allegations. Thr only diffrence is with Hillary we have to ignore her inability to handle national security and we'll let's face it her pay to play scheme she pulled while in office.

Are choices are between an a hole and a criminal not great choices but if I have to choose I can't in good conscious support criminal behavior. And here's where I set in my state voting green party is probably my choice. But I'll say I can make that choice in my state odds are pretty good it's going to go Trump. But if I was in a state that was a close race I'd probably vote Trump because the last thing we need is another Richard Nixon in office. Reality is he did less than Hillary and yet she is still a candidate what happened to this country??

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abinkadoo
You people keep trying to bring up these petty cases about Trump, this is desparation at its finest. Yes I'm going to use the, "look at hillary" response, because it's completely logical. You're gonna compare someone raising rent, say it with me, raising rent...........to the ridiculously long track record of a known world corrupt criminal? Cmon now. It's getting old.

As far as 'corrupt criminal goes', Trump's past is incredibly shady from who he borrows from to circumventing the Gaming Comission in Atlantic City to mob ties in constructing his buildings.

Another interesting bullet point...

Trump has been attacking the NY Times steadily on twitter and other places for their reporting on him..

and then this breaks...
First on CNN: FBI investigating Russian hack of New York Times reporters, others
www.cnn.com...

Combined with DNC Hacks...it looks like Russian Intelligence Hackers are genuinely doing his bidding.

I believe there is an open and current money trail between Trump and Russian Oligarchs...all of his finances need to be deeply examined before November.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join