It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are living in a simulated reality...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If we are living in a simulated reality and everything we think we experience is based on this, then it really doesn't matter what we do. There will just be a reboot of the system when we fail to exercise the proper protocols. As human AI experiments go, we have demonstrated that we are not capable of completing the required applications. All the conspiracies we worry about, all the false flags, all the corruption, all the wars, all the killing, all the fake monetary collapses, it all means nothing if it is simulated, so why worry about any of it? When it all comes right down to it why does it matter?

Aliens? Planets? Galaxies? All of it is just programmed for us. Religion is an experiment in futility. Heaven and Hell? Sins? Simulated BS. The Matrix? Red pill or Blue pill? Does it really matter what color pill you swallow? Drugs? GMO? Weather modification? Global warming? Global cooling? Just distractions from simulated reality, right?

It sure feels real, but maybe it is just an advanced form of CGI and from what I have seen in some movies, the things they can do in a computer lab makes us living in a simulated computer program all the more possible. Funny how technology has just gone leaps and bounds in the past 50 years compared to the 10000 years before, as if the computer simulation hit hyper drive, where did all this technology come from? Did we progress this far so fast because we found the code?

Emotions and responses are programmed? Are we just an experimental simulation formed to see what our reactions are to various conditions? We have been given a set of rules to live by and supposedly have free will to act on our choices, but do we have free will over others choices? No. So does it come down to a collective free will surrounded by randomness? If we are connected, then everything you do affects what I do and everything I do affects you. If a computer gets a virus it spreads to other computers and eventually causes systems to shut down. Is this world a simulated computer program that has been infected by a terrible virus? Make a patch to fix it and another version pops up. Anti-biotics don't work anymore. Super bugs have cropped up everywhere and there is not a cure for any of it.

Rebooting does not fix the problem any more. The simulation has failed. Time to write a new version of the program. If this is a simulation, it has been badly written.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If it is a simulation, I should think it's running wonderfully. Perhaps human happiness was not the purpose of a universe-wide simulation.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
If we are living in a simulated reality and everything we think we experience is based on this, then it really doesn't matter what we do.

Even if we live in actual reality, it doesn't matter what we do. Considering the size of the universe and our tiny little short-lived existence in it, nothing we do matters in the long run. We're just a submicroscopic blip. So small that statistically we don't even exist.

The only thing we might do is try to be nice to each other, and try to make the best of this hellish existence. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but all we know is the moment to moment stuff anyway. So why make it worse?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Loving your threads lately, thanks for sharing this

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
If it is a simulation, I should think it's running wonderfully. Perhaps human happiness was not the purpose of a universe-wide simulation.

In this simulation, happiness is definitely not required, for finding it seems rather fruitless, since it rarely lasts when found and surely is not the purpose. Maybe you are right and the simulation is designed to foster ugliness on purpose. If that is the case, then it has been a resounding success because this world sucks. Need a new simulation, please.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

then it really doesn't matter what we do

If you want to return to the Matrix as a child via reincarnation then so be it.

If you want to progress to a higher dimension and be among the immortals ready to trek the universe, then its time to help others as many peasants are in a load of sht right now.

The gods are not going to trust a person who holds grudges against other simulated matrix bot units. Many people still fall into the Divide & Conquer, Yin-Yang, rich vs poor traps.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

If we are living in a simulated reality and everything we think we experience is based on this, then it really doesn't matter what we do.

Even if we live in actual reality, it doesn't matter what we do. Considering the size of the universe and our tiny little short-lived existence in it, nothing we do matters in the long run. We're just a submicroscopic blip. So small that statistically we don't even exist.

The only thing we might do is try to be nice to each other, and try to make the best of this hellish existence. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but all we know is the moment to moment stuff anyway. So why make it worse?

Having a purpose in life matters. Making decisions matters. Consequences matter. If we are living a real life, real life matters. If this is a simulation then boy have we been duped. Are we insignificant? Perhaps. But being connected to the life force of all, at least that makes more sense than being a simulated program designed to inflict as much havoc as possible. There has to be a reason for our existence besides just going through the motions and downloading apps to get through the maze.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Or the simulation is to show how star formation creates elements and minerals and everything else is just here for completeness...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Loving your threads lately, thanks for sharing this

Thank you for your confidence building exercise!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yea...

I was working on my "simulated" car yesterday, when the wrench slipped.

The next thing I know a stream of "simulated blood" was running down the back of my hand.

Can somebody tell me how to stop feeling all this "simulated" pain from the cut? It really is kind of deep and I hope it doesn't get a "simulated" infection.

Reality sucks.
edit on 23-8-2016 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

If you want to progress to a higher dimension and be among the immortals ready to trek the universe, then its time to help others as many peasants are in a load of sht right now.

The gods are not going to trust a person who holds grudges against other simulated matrix bot units. Many people still fall into the Divide & Conquer, Yin-Yang, rich vs poor traps.

Are those the simulated gods? Even in my reality it has nothing to do with gods or the matrix. The fact you refer to anyone as peasants in this scenario just proves what I think, if this is a simulation then we are failing the experiment and it is time to write another version. If this is reality and not simulation then it is time to start making better choices as a collective. Until then, reality or not we are in bad shape as a human race and in dire need of a complete re-fabrication of our moral compasses.

link   

Are those the simulated gods? Even in my reality it has nothing to do with gods or the matrix. The fact you refer to anyone as peasants in this scenario just proves what I think, if this is a simulation then we are failing the experiment and it is time to write another version. If this is reality and not simulation then it is time to start making better choices as a collective. Until then, reality or not we are in bad shape as a human race and in dire need of a complete re-fabrication of our moral compasses.

link   

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Yea...

I was working on my "simulated" car yesterday, when the wrench slipped.

The next thing I know a stream of "simulated blood" was running down the back of my hand.

Can somebody tell me how to stop feeling all this "simulated" pain from the cut? It really is kind of deep and I hope it doesn't get a "simulated" infection.

Reality sucks.

The pain you feel can be simulated and you can be programmed to feel emotions, the fact you think it is real can be imagined. I sometimes hope it is all a simulation, because the reality of how we treat each other seems ridiculous, real or simulated, I am not happy with the outcome.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The only simulated reality are those in surrogates running around on this planet. The rest is just time travel paradoxes. I think we are stuck with this John Titor shhs. Never ending white race war.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good post and I suspect the evidence is there to support a simulation, observer based coding to prevent unnecessary processing when an event isn't being watched - Photon Behavior. The main evidence though I think is the fact infinity exist's in the "Sandbox" we call the universe, I could imagine a time when in early versions of the simulation we had squarish plains that had definitive edges that caused some consternation with early version humans. Then after a few reboots with early man killing everything inside and later versions Sphere's were the answer.

It all comes down to this, why ? Why would someone build such a complex platform for AI to exist in ? the answer lies I believe somewhere in between the "Growing Souls" or expanding AI principle to an "End". Its like the Master Coder is looking for some outcome, perhaps to see if we can "Balance" or do we just always end up self destructing ?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Yin and Yang has nothing to do with Rich vs Poor. Don't confuse the both. As ancient history was nearly destroyed in the East thanks to the One God bible heads. Rich vs Poor is the West issue that dragged Asia into this situation. Rest of Asia needs to be free from this Rich and poor shhs before we can deal with the Yin and Yang.

Divide and Conquer is planned warfare. Totally different. Done by the Brits at first. USA is just continuing the Agenda. The West got themselves trapped in rich vs poor using divide and conquer tactics. They asked for it. Karma is very well coming for US.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Are those the simulated gods? Even in my reality it has nothing to do with gods or the matrix. The fact you refer to anyone as peasants in this scenario just proves what I think, if this is a simulation then we are failing the experiment and it is time to write another version. If this is reality and not simulation then it is time to start making better choices as a collective.

What if the following picture is each and every one of us, wired to a computer, on a space ship orbiting a dead planet ?

Not only is the world flat, but this world technically does not even exist.

Again, what if we are the real fallen angels who are locked up on this Prison Planet, programmed to assume that we are humans. Simulated 'humans' that treat other assumed humans with respect will get their angel wings back.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

There has to be a reason for our existence besides just going through the motions and downloading apps to get through the maze.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

""It all comes down to this, why ? Why would someone build such a complex platform for AI to exist in ? the answer lies I believe somewhere in between the "Growing Souls" or expanding AI principle to an "End". Its like the Master Coder is looking for some outcome, perhaps to see if we can "Balance" or do we just always end up self destructing ?""

While "wallowing" in my sarcasm, it suddenly came to me that whoever, or whatever ever, has instigated or set up such a simulation could have devised a means through which it can feed and/or gain some type of nourishment from the conflicts and emotional stress which we all live through. If this could be the case, it would give some reasoning to why mankind can never find any sustainable peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join