It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang.... How did it happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Sremmos80

Because people said "the big bang was probably very loud" in one of the first comments, my response was that it was probably very "violent, but silent" because sound waves can't travel through space.

I understand that the big bang is the most plausible theory based on the information we have.

Since sound is the propagation of pressure waves through a medium, there can be no sound in space.
There could, however, be the generation of massive gravity waves. Of course, this would also require something upon which they could act in order to cause a reaction. But, since there was nothing else around except for the material which had caused the "big bang", these waves should have dissipated fairly soon.
So, you are exactly right when you say the "big bang" would have been very silent. But the violent part is still in question, because you would have to have some norm to which it could have been compared.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

Because people said "the big bang was probably very loud" in one of the first comments, my response was that it was probably very "violent, but silent" because sound waves can't travel through space.

I understand that the big bang is the most plausible theory based on the information we have.

If something blew up there has to be molecules for the sound waves to travel through. However unlikely anything living at the point of ignition to hear it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

"If a tree falls in the woods and no one's there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Glad you brought that up!! Thank you

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
With that theory in mind.... would it explain why sometimes i am able to have dreams of my own future?:

That's a slightly different thing, although is does link back to the notion of non-linear time. What you're probably experiencing is "future memory." Richard Feynman's quantum equations work whether time goes forward or backward. So nothing is stopping events in the future from rippling back into the past. And since your brain is a quantum machine, it will occasionally pick up and try to make sense of these backwards ripples. (And occasionally a ripple from a lost past event or alternate timeline.) They're probable or potential things that could happen, or might have happened. Every once in a while your brain picks it up, tries to make sense of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Orionx2
"If a tree falls in the woods and no one's there to hear it, does it make a sound?"
Glad you brought that up!! Thank you

My response to that is that hypothetical trees don't make sounds.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

So in my past I was a superhero and held a samurai word and dressed in black clothing... And I had the ability to fly. At least that was the dream I had last night. Joking aside I have had at least.. Well only 2 written dream log entries that I have proven to have come true. And what was portrayed to me in my dream is exactly what happened at a later time. One of them took well over 1 year to occur while some others were only 7 months. The one thing I can observe is your future mind can only operate based on you yourself. So things like glasses, clothing, or anything that is from the material world can not travel with you. So if you have bad eye sight expect things to be a blur. But your hearing is extraordinary.

But if there is a ripple then why is it impossible to dream of the past?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

This is a question that I have been asking myself now for well over a week.

How did the Big Bang happen?

Was it something nuclear? Was there life before us? Are we but a tiny little small molecule to a much larger form of life?

The way I view our entire galaxy is the aftermath of being stepped on and mashed into the mud. And where we sit is on a national forest. In a place that no other creature treads.

I don't state this as fact, but in a strange way of saying we are very very very small. Like how the end of the first men in black movie portrays us being nothing more than a micro "zillometer" inside of a marble. And that explains why everything moves so slow, and what causes planets to shift or asteroids to fling out.

But I have a theory. And the only reason why this theory has evolved in my head is because of gravity, and planet density.

I am by no means a scientist. I have no degree. I am just someone who has a strange theory that I myself can not ignore, and it started after watching these YouTube videos. And thinking to myself that if there is a powerful enough gravitational pull on a planet, will it explode? Or the better question... What elements cause the most impactful explosion due to an immense gravitational pull?

This is the first video I saw of a round object getting crushed by an immense force.

This bearing ball has sparks flying from it. But it did not produce a shock wave.

Watch this ceramic bearing ball get crushed.

That shock wave from such a small round object is just outstanding. There is no ignitor, there is no explosive compound inside of it. The only thing being applied is pressure. And it produced a small shock wave. And had enough force to knock a blast shield off its hinges.

After seeing these bearing balls get crushed by an immense pressure... It begs the question... Can any of our surrounding planets explode due to an immense pressure that gravity creates? Can a gravitational pull get strong enough to make an implosion? What can make gravity have a much greater pull?

Can this explain why our universe is seemingly endlessly expanding? Was there only one explosion?

Could gravity be the answer as to why a star explodes?

Our planet has several different elements found inside of it. And we have been mining our planet's surface for ages. The most recent mining technique we have adopted now is fracking. And this begs the question... Are we weakening our planets defenses from an implosion?

Or does our earth have a unique setup that will never implode?

So back to the question I stated in the title... How did it happen? There could not have been nothing and then there was something. There had to be everything, and then the explosion left us with less.

And by going with the theory of the Big Bang? We would have to venture very far our into space to catch or collect anything that originally existed. Or... Maybe we are rather close to it, we just don't see it.

After seeing those videos... And taking into account everything we are doing to our planet... I fear that one day we could all suddnenly explode and get flung into space.

1) if I'm right the "force" for the Big Bang prob came from the hyperspace containing all the other universes. Kinda a cop out to be fair, as it is untestable, but I think that's the model.

2. What if expansion is really everything with matter shrinking at exactly the same rate?

Trippy huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

If I had to go out on a limb and try to explain the big bang in function, I would have to fall back on cyclical universe, black hole/gravity well born of super dense star collapse swallows next hole and so on until we have one near critical super singularity, then... BANG!!!

If that is how it works it has probably happened a bunch of times.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There was no "Big Bang" . No explosions , no fireworks.In fact kinda dull. The true name is the "Great Expansion" . Started when mass and gravity was born...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Well, firstly there was nothing at all.

Then, it exploded.

... and the outer edges of that explosion moved faster than the speed of light.

It's true, they took a picture, so we know it's true.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

So a multi or void universe theory where we live on one side and on the opposite....they have to adapt. Am i correct in this vision of the world?

I would love to see something else. I really would. Anything to escape this plane of existence. But how does life operate in the other world?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Yes,Our sun will expand to reach jupiter and then shed its gasses, but will turn into a brown dwarf, It will has the same mass as the sun but will only be 20 miles in diameter, yes this is similar to a black hole but wont have the gravitational pull of one, Ie light will be able to escape its surface. But will still have a massive gravitational pull....

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Why does everyone assume the vacuum of space existed before and during the big bang? Never understood that. If there was nothing before why would it be a vacuum as we currently know it.

Would like to know.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The Big Bang never happened and the universe is not expanding endlessly.
That's science best answer from what we know but it simply makes no sense at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: glass87onion
That's science best answer from what we know but it simply makes no sense at all.

I really hope your not religious, because if so your post was HILARIOUS!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: glass87onion

You do know the "big bang theory" was first postulated by a Catholic priest.

I do not remember the name, but I do know he was a priest.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Why does everyone assume the vacuum of space existed before and during the big bang? Never understood that. If there was nothing before why would it be a vacuum as we currently know it.

Would like to know.

Because a absolute empty infinite vacuum void of space is the only void of infinite empty space that can represent nothingness/nothing.

A absolute vacuum, or a absolute empty void of space is also the only existing void of space that can be a absolute constant and absolute infinite.

Our universe dont have any of these Properties. And that makes Our universe a finite. We can't create a absolute vacuum within Our universe or in a lab.
Since Our universe is a finite we should know that Our universe was formed. And Our universe could only have been formed by a compression of energy. That energy could only have come from the absolute infinite void of empty Space.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: glass87onion

I really hope your not religious, because if so your post was HILARIOUS!

Religion is just a way to control people. There is no God and religious people are ignorant.
The Big Bang is just the best theory we have, but it's just a theory like so many others, like Dark Energy, Dark Matter, Multiverses, etc. Science is still clueless about a LOT of stuff.
So like in the past people believed in Flat Earth now we believe in the Big Bang, something like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: glass87onion

Sounds like you don't understand what a modern day scientific theory is.
It isn't 'just a theory'.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

How did the Big Bang happen?

Don't let yourself be fooled into thinking that time is linear, especially when it gets near the singularity of the Big Bang, which is not so much an event that happened at a particular time, but more like something that is still happening. It's more like this:

The Big Bang is that little point in the center, where everything intersects. It happens all the time, and in dimensions we can't even comprehend. It "happened" far away, in the past, but it's also happening right now where we're sitting. Macro and micro. You can point anywhere in the sky, or on the ground, and that's where it happened and is happening.

Blue Shift, on your animation, where is an expansion? Celestial objects as per observation get further apart from each other suggesting expansion of space-time, as of volume. On a diagram there is 3D donut, which is great logical set up, but why it is showing spinning only? In spinning there is no volume increase. Donut, may be, should be growing outwards at the same time, no?

cheers)

edit on 26-8-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join