It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Chiefs Endorse Clinton over Trump’s “Profound Ignorance of Science”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Two former EPA chiefs, William D. Ruckelshaus and William K. Reilly, pledged their support for Hillary in a joint statement issued last week on Clinton's campaign website citing Donald's "Profound ignorance of science" as a their primary reason.

Clean Technica

This latest GOP endorsement for Clinton was triggered by Trump’s recent controversial economic speech in which plans for an “energy revolution” were revealed. Although widely disparaged, Trump claims his economic plan would create more than 500,000 jobs a year and generate more than $100bn a year in growth.

Reiterating pledges made back in May, Trump promises to repeal all “job-killing” environmental regulations, including President Obama’s capstone Clean Power Plan. Leading the pack of climate deniers, Trump also wants to kill the Clean Water Rule and end the moratorium on new coal mining permits on federal land.

Trump also states that he wants to ‘cancel’ the 2015 COP21 Paris Agreement and revisit the Keystone Pipeline.

Ruckelshaus and Reilly state, “That Trump would call climate change a hoax — the singular health and environmental threat to the world today — flies in the face of overwhelming international science and the public conviction and commitment of almost 200 national governments that adopted the Paris Agreement on climate change in December 2015.”

You could interpret this two ways I suppose. Either Trump is being squeezed out by the establishment for exposing bunk science or Trump is just a populist moron. Personally, I believe he's a moron. There's more than enough proof on the table to indicate a massive shift in climate change.

We just broke the record for hottest year, nine straight times

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Enjoy the fracking, EPA. That's all I can say.

Though the fracking comes with all candidates except Jill Stein.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

So as a followup to the letter against Trump signed by the architects of the Patriot Act, NSA snooping, and globalist banking cabal we get a statement against Trump from two individuals deeply involved with the Oh my God, look! Up in the sky!!! It's a bird! It's a plane!! NO! It's... GLOBAL WARMING

*cough*

I hate it when that happens...

Anyway, we get a statement against Trump from two asshats financially intertwined with America's belief in the ponzi scheme of Anthropogenic global warming.

As a Trump supporter, I appreciate their opinion. It simply reinforces my belief that Trump is going against the individuals and policies which have cost America so much freedom, so many opportunities, and so, so much money. Trump is on the right track based who he's pissing off and what those individuals stand for.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Two former EPA chiefs, William D. Ruckelshaus and William K. Reilly, pledged their support for Hillary in a joint statement issued last week on Clinton's campaign website citing Donald's "Profound ignorance of science" as a their primary reason.

EPA is a front for corporate interests that are raping and polluting the environment. They like Hillary because she sides with the Industrialists.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The EPA doesn't care about the environment. They care about pleasing their corporate rulers and enforcing profitable laws & statutes for the state, and against the people.

www.cnn.com...

^ one of many, many examples.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well, I suppose that is a "news" story, but honestly............what would you expect? Any Democrat EPA higher-up would support Hillary!

I'd expect that once Hillary takes the White Hut, we'll see all kind of job destroying, rights taking draconian regulations and laws that will render the US standard of living to something comparable to a second world country. The mayhem, misery, wailing and gnashing of teeth will be fun to watch..................from a distance.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No three letter agency is going to endorse Trump. That is great news to me. And their leader Obama has a bigger carbon footprint than all the world leaders combined.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
No three letter agency is going to endorse Trump. That is great news to me. And their leader Obama has a bigger carbon footprint than all the world leaders combined.

You forgot the KKK... hahahaha

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

No, the Klan are Hillary Clinton donors and supporters.
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This EPA?
That's who you are proclaiming as calling ANYONE else ignorant of science?
You are truly skewed if the EPA is your bastion of science, trustworthiness, and transparency.
The EPA and hillary deserve each other.

www.motherjones.com...

She promotes domestic drilling for oil and natural gas, including through potentially dangerous fracking.

uh oh bet you didn't want to see that....

"Under her leadership, the State Department worked closely with energy companies to spread fracking around the globe—part of a broader push to fight climate change, boost global energy supply, and undercut the power of adversaries such as Russia that use their energy resources as a cudgel. But environmental groups fear that exporting fracking, which has been linked to drinking-water contamination and earthquakes at home, could wreak havoc in countries with scant environmental regulation. And according to interviews, diplomatic cables, and other documents obtained by Mother Jones, American officials—some with deep ties to industry—also helped US firms clinch potentially lucrative shale concessions overseas, raising troubling questions about whose interests the program actually serves."

Oh yeah Drill baby drill............wait what? That was a different female candidate wasnt it?

Big oil companies like ExxonMobil and ConocoPhillips have given millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation, as have Saudi Arabia and other oil-rich nations in the Middle East.

Uh oh more pay for play........

In 2006, Clinton sided with Republicans and against climate hawks like Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) by voting in favor of a bill opening new Gulf Coast areas to offshore oil drilling.

Drill baby drill

Even when asked directly about it, Clinton just refuses to answer. In January she told a Canadian audience, "You won't get me to talk about Keystone because I have steadily made clear that I'm not going to express an opinion."

yeah thats what green voters want to see.....no opinon

www.climatedepot.com... defends-regs-as-enormously-beneficial-symbolic-impact/

EPA Chief Admits Obama Regs Have No Measurable Climate Impact: ‘One one-hundredth of a degree?’ EPA Chief McCarthy defends regs as ‘enormously beneficial’ – Symbolic impact

dailycaller.com...

EPA Dumps 880,000 Lbs Of Toxic Metal Into River, Won’t Answer Any Questions

www.detroitnews.com...

EPA stayed silent on Flint’s tainted water

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

They are running scared,when it comes to trimming the budget I'm sure they have moved to top of list of needless agency's,it would be a start anyway

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Can you stop posting reality....it get in the way of the BS

I always find it funny the overlap of, you cannot trust big business, they are only out for profit.
Man made global warming is one of the biggest money makers out there

I love how TRUE BELIEVERS, 1984ed "Climate Change". Yes, at one time New York was under ice, due to climate change, it is now not under ice, due to climate change. You could say Global Cooling, was the reason New York was covered with ice, and Global Warming is the reason for New York being ice free. The Earth has massive swings and al you can do it bite your lip and enjoy the ride. Then people cannot make money off things that they cannot control, so man made it is

top topics

join