It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best UFO photographs of all time from Earth in chronological order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is a video of the best UFO´s captured on film in chronological order

83 of the very best UFO´s captured in photographs from the year 1920 and to today
I am interesting in hearing what explanations the skeptics would have.
Remember only one of these pictures have to be real to change the way we look at the world.
And there are ALOT of strange things in these old photographs.. a time BEFORE Photoshop

Enjoy

If you know of any new UFO photographs of interest please share

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
To my knowledge, this one has never been debunked:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Nothing better than seeing car hub caps thrown into the air and then picture taken...oh! UFO!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Sorry, Spacespider, but I stoped watching after the fourth image, all of which had easy possibilities as to what they could be.

I get what you're trying to do with the notion that IF only one is correct, but we must have more serious videos thrown our way if we are to be convinced beyond reasonable doubt.

Extraordinary claims necessitate extraordinary evidence, as they say.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Cool video, there are plenty of pics I have not seen. The pics from the late 1800s and early 1900's are interesting. Also the cigar shaped pic ois very clear! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

i looked up the UFOs that were took over the WH in 1952, i couldn't find if they were debunked or not, do they count as extraordinary evidence?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

i looked up the UFOs that were took over the WH in 1952, i couldn't find if they were debunked or not, do they count as extraordinary evidence?

If it's the one's I'm thinking of, they were reflections of the city lights below.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

If I recall correctly (and I'm not even looking at the image), those were reflections of street lights on a glass or other clear surface. Either than, or they were causing a lens flare in the camera.

ETA: Here is a discussion on the video from the UFO that I think that you're referencing:

Also, you'll notice that in the video (that I'm quite certain is fake), there is a glowing light around the objects that does not appear in the original black-and-white image from 1952, lending credence to the case that the video is a creation from the original still image.
edit on 23-8-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

well this wiki page has got all sorts of witnesses from people in government, air traffic controllers etc....
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-8-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

None of the radar return images, pics or video of the '1952 Washington UFO Flap' appear in the public record.

Theres a good reason for that, it was real. "They' buzzed the nations capital, showing what further open displays could do to rock the political power structure and organized religion apple carts, if the US government didn't straightaway return their craft and crew captured at Roswell.

imo

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Pics or it didn't happen...

I mean, it can't be, therefore it isn't.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

Not only that, but if there could be, by any stretch of logic, ANY other possible explanation, then that's what it is.

Plus there's no such thing as aliens.

Everyone knows that.

Sincerely though, cool pics. Quite a few clear ones.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well, it's possible that I'm thinking of a different incident in DC, then, but when I do a search and in like that video that I posted, that's the image that I remember, and I have seen multiple sources that have debunked the image.

Now, maybe that's not an actual image of the event--who knows. That's why I specified "IF' it was the incident that I was remembering.

Regardless, I'd like the story to be true, so here's to hoping...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

well this wiki page has got all sorts of witnesses from people in government, air traffic controllers etc....
en.wikipedia.org...

What, the explanation that it's misidentified aerial phenomena and that the radar blips were temperature inversions doesn't do it for ya?

Me either, but all I'm saying is that if that image is THE image from the event, it's easily debunked, whether or not other aspects of the story are true.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
the picture at 11:03 is one of my favorites

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

We thoroughly investigated the Washington DC UFO flap of July 1952 in a couple of threads.

Revisiting the 1952 Washington DC UFO Flap for the story of the events as they happened.

The "UFOs" in the famous photo showing lights over Washington DC have been identified

There were actually very few first hand witnesses to this event (maybe two dozen mainly military) and no film or photographs of any "UFOs" are known to exist. There were odd radar returns that people can debate. But the incident itself is more famous for the publicity it gained than an hard evidence.

This particular photo has been used many times (sometimes cropped and turned to black and white) to illustrate the DC UFO flap. But merely show lens flare from the street lighting below. Oh and the picture wasn't taken until at least 1965.

However the case is still a very important part of UFO History and interesting study no matter what you believe.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Some pretty good memory joggers of ufo's in there, then there are quite a few I had not ever seen or heard of before. Interesting find.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

i must admit i haven't looked to deeply into this at all, but i have actually seen it loads, it does come up a lot. But if what you say is true and the only witnesses are military personnel that is indeed a story in itself. i did notice there in the pic that the lights shining against the WH could easily be creating the lens flare in the pic, the formation is very similar. But why would they be trying to make us believe this in 1952, Roswell was 1947. It would seem to me that this Hoax was created by the military now. Makes me think of Reagans speech in the 80s about Uniting to defeat a common (alien) enemy. Its made me think about how many of these conspiracy's are started and implemented by governments.......hmmmm

edit on 23-8-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

I don't want this thread to become all about the DC 1952 sightings by the way. However to get things in context by 1952 the saucer flaps of 1947 had quietened down. (Roswell was not really considered anything important back then by the way). But 1952 was a peak year in UFO activity and a record year for 'unknowns' recorded by Project Bluebook (mainly because of few Bluebook staff compared to reports -they simply didn't have the manpower to investigate).

Then bang! DC was in panic as radar alerts were triggered over two July weekends in 1952.

The main witnesses were :

First Weekend 19th/20th July
===========================

Edward Nugent - Air Traffic Controller Washington (he detected radar signals only)
Harry Barnes - Nugent's Supervisor (again he only witnesses radar detection)
Howard Cocklin - In another radar tower to Nugent (again witnessed only radar signals)
William Brady - Andrews Air Force Base radar operator (also saw an orange fireball)
Capt S.C Pierman - Capital Airline Pilot on a runway noted 6 objects approaching his position
SSgt. Charles Davenport - Andrew Air Force Base observed a stationary orange light in the sky
E.W. Chamber civilian radio engineer - who reported five enormous disks circling in a loose formation

Second Weekend 26th/27th July
==============================
Staff Radar operators at Washington and Andrew AFB - tracked rapid moving objects on their scopes
Lt. William Patterson - interceptor pilot reported 4 bright objects surrounding his aircraft.
Capt. John McHugo - Patterson's flight leader who reported he saw nothing whilst in the air at the same time.

There's possibly a few others. But this was late night/early morning in 1952. Most civilians were not out and about with cameras and were probably at home in bed.

The reports soon hit the press and a sort of mass hysteria followed. Many people believed that ET was coming. However the AIr Force explained that it was all 'temperature inversions'. With the primitive radar of the day then this can't be ruled out. It was also a time when the Southern Delta Aquarid meteor shower would have been visible in the Washington skies.

However 1952 marks the start of a cover-up of sorts. I'm not saying anyone had any proof that there was anything extra-terrestrial.However the events had spooked America (and also Winston Churchill over here). To avoid this sort of hysteria again and also to conceal what they didn't know about UFOs the US (and its allies) then began to dampen down reports and also introduce a policy of ridiculing witnesses.

The 'infamous' photo of the Washington Capitol Building surrounded by UFOs could not have been taken until at least 1965 because the architect of the Capitol Building has confirmed it in writing. He recognised some building work that had been done in 1965 that means the photo could not have been taken earlier. See : www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23/8/16 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Here is a video of the best UFO´s captured on film in chronological order
83 of the very best UFO´s captured in photographs from the year 1920 and to today

Pretty sad when the first one it starts with is the Mount Washington Ruler photo:

edit on 23-8-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join