It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps not flip flopping on immigration but wont say what the plan is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN)It's still undecided whether Donald Trump will continue to support forced deportation of millions of undocumented immigrants living in the US, his campaign manager said Sunday. But Trump himself insisted Monday, "I'm not flip-flopping." "I'm not flip flopping," the Republican presidential nominee told Fox News on the issue Monday. "We want to come up with a fair but firm process. Fair but firm." He did not, however, provide any specifics or elaborate on his position further. When asked by repeated questioning by CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union" on Sunday whether Trump stood behind the idea of a deportation task force, Kellyanne Conway, Trump's new campaign manager, responded, "to be determined."

So what does this mean donald, were the statements the other day the truth or not. i guess it doesnt really matter as your loyal folowers will do whatever you say but its kind of funny to having be this discussion considering everything youve said before

flip flop flipflop

Donald Trump launched his campaign on a promise to be very, very tough on illegal immigration — and immigrants. He called Mexican immigrants "rapists" and "criminals." He would later promise to deport every single one of them — even approvingly referencing a controversial 1950s mass-deportation program known as "Operation Wetback." He has in recent weeks prominently featured victims of crimes perpetrated by illegal immigrants. But according to reports and the suggestions of his top advisers on Sunday, it sounds as if he's considering seriously changing his tune — in what would amount to a stunning flip-flop.

So whats it going to be donaldo

Top Trump advisers were asked Sunday to respond to the reports, and they didn't exactly reject them. Asked twice whether he was sticking with his plan for a deportation force, newly installed Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway deflected and then told CNN that it was "to be determined." Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), meanwhile, said Trump is "wrestling" with how to handle illegal immigrants already in the United States.

i guess it doesnt matter as you say you can shoot a man inthe face on 5th avenue and still be so popular

lol @ donald

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Patience weed-jumper. We'll know what the plan is, in due time. Has Hillary unveiled her comprehensive Immigration reform plan yet? Or, is this yet another issue where she's falling behind alert and nimble Donald J. Trump.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lortl

I know what his plan is he's said in several times enforce immagration laws that are already on the books. You don't have to arrest people and deport them that's stupid. But you can go after the people that hire them. And there is all ready laws to do so. And when there are no jobs guess what illegals go home or they try to gain entry legally. It's really not rocket science. The reason illegals are here is becuse they know companies will hire them. If they come here can't find a job what do you think they will do?? Simple return to there country and find a job. And the flow of illegals will stop when they go home and tell there friends there's no jobs. Of someone is arrested for comiting a crime there is no bail you deport them. Every other country on thr planet does. Heck in many countries in Europe you will even lose your visa for comitting a crime.
edit on 8/23/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Any other candidate, this would be considered flip-flopping on an issue, but not the Donald!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I guess some people wouldn't know a flip flop if they did one.

Sigh....

Google hillary flip flops. Learn from the masteress.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Hillary's had her ideas I place since high school let's be honest. She started laying down this track when she still had braces on her teeth.

www.hillaryclinton.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It's strange... When Don's just "wingin it" to the crowd, he says he's gonna build that wall and Mexico is going to pay for it, he's going to deport all illegal immigrants, and ban Muslims from the US... (Applause! Applause!) All the same stuff he said during the primary. But when he's reading from the teleprompter or in an interview, he says he's considering his immigration position and that we have to be "fair"... What the??? Be fair to illegals??? WTF is he talking about? Why be fair to rapists and criminals?

Late Saturday, BuzzFeed and Univision reported that Trump backed away from that rhetoric at a meeting with a group of newly announced Hispanic advisers, appearing open to a plan to deal with the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants that is not deportation.

"Importantly, Trump did not explicitly use the word 'legalization' at the meeting, but sources in the room said they feel it is the direction the campaign is going," BuzzFeed's Adrian Carrasquillo reported.

Univision, meanwhile, reported that three attendees said Trump "plans to present an immigration plan in Colorado Thursday that will include finding a way to legalize millions of undocumented immigrants."

Source

But Don has cancelled his rallies in Colorado, Oregon and Nevada

I guess we'll find out just what's happening as we go along. It sure sounds like he's made an astounding pivot on positions that helped him win the primary... I wonder how those faithful supporters feel about him 'softening' his stances... Donny keeps this election interesting, that's for sure!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh I think Trump's plan is VERY obvious. Tell the current crowd he is speaking to what they want to hear:
Donald Trump Still Supports Mass Deportation For Undocumented Immigrants

Speaking to Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly, Trump reiterated that he would deport undocumented immigrants en masse if elected president.

“The first thing we are going to do, if and when I win, we are going to get rid of all of the bad ones. We have gang members, we have killers. We have a lot of bad people that have to get out of this country. We are going to get them out,” he said. “They are going to be out of this country so fast your head will spin.”

Trump denied that at a weekend meeting with Hispanic leaders, he had indicated that he might pivot on his strong stance against undocumented immigrants, including the possibility of legalization for some undocumented immigrants. Attendees of the meeting told BuzzFeed and Univision that the real estate mogul was planning to introduce a new immigration policy this week.

edit on 23-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Sigh....

Is that like Google Hillary illness see what you get Mr Giuliani.
Everything on the internet is true! !

Meet my new boyfriend the French model. I met him on the internet...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Agreed. I think he and his campaign think 'white women in the suburbs' don't go to his rallies, so he can say one thing at rallies (for the immediate gratification) and a completely different thing on TV interviews, for the benefit of those whose votes he is hemorrhaging.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Speaking along those lines, here's a fun article for you:
Trump’s Outreach to Black Voters Isn’t About Black Voters

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
We have a law enforcement problem. The border problem will never be resolved until we resolve the law enforcement problem. That takes political willpower. Only going to get it with a serious terror attack and it is proven they came through the southern border. Simple murder, rape, crime is not enough.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Patience weed-jumper. We'll know what the plan is, in due time. Has Hillary unveiled her comprehensive Immigration reform plan yet? Or, is this yet another issue where she's falling behind alert and nimble Donald J. Trump.

Alert and nimble?

If Trump was on top of his game, he would not be in a position in which he has to change his immigration ideas in order to appeal to the rest of the country, beyond the Right Wing nutters.

At this point, it's just embarrassing. Trump is a joke and is making a mockery of our country and it's people.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: carewemust

Alert and nimble?

If Trump was on top of his game, he would not be in a position in which he has to change his immigration ideas in order to appeal to the rest of the country, beyond the Right Wing nutters.

At this point, it's just embarrassing. Trump is a joke and is making a mockery of our country and it's people.

The people are a joke. Something like 70% live paycheck to paycheck and are obese slobs. I almost want Hillary to win so I can hear them complain in a couple of years just like they did with the ACA. She is going to build that wall even higher to keep people out of her stuff and the Foundation will not be shutting down. She will enrich herself even more.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

You got a source for that number? I'm guessing no and you just pulled that number completely out your ass because you thought it sounded good.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Sigh....

in other words, go to all the right-wing websites bunched up in the first few pages of google

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Hilary doesn't need to unveil any plan for cryin' out loud!

We all know the Hillary plan; open borders, amnesty for all illegals, automatic citizenship for the dreamers. Stupid simple........

What Hilary needs to do is set up a policy like was had for the Cuban refugees back in the 1960's. If they made it to dry land, they were automatically awarded legal residency. That's what should happen on the borders today. Have an INS office where those who cross can go to automatically get a legal resident ID, a drivers license and a social security card, a Democrat Party Membership Card and a voter's registration form.

ONE NATION.......ONE PARTY! (we're all Democrats now!)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The claim by Univision is false(about the amnesty).

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Sigh....

well why dont you go into one of the seven billion threds about hilary this one is about trumps flippity flops

new topics

top topics

join