It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Criminals Target British Cannabis Growers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Interesting bit of education.

. . . Calder began targeting cannabis farmers across Manchester. Between March and June 2014, his team kept a shop in Ardwick supplying ‘hydroponics’ equipment used for growing the illicit crop under surveillance.

They then put James Bond-style, magnetic electronic trackers on customers’ cars . . .
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

This video shows a tracker being located at 1:23.

Once you've located the tracker, placing it on another vehicle is the best plan. An undercover police vehicle would be ideal, but probably not practical. A bus would be my second choice. I would say taxi but that would be unfair on the driver. Tesco delivery van or similar, anything that led them on a wild goose chase without endangering others.

Anyone else got a solution for trackers stuck on cars at grow shops?
edit on 23 8 2016 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Best bet would be to have a driver and a buyer so the driver stays in the car/or walks around it checking the bodywork etc but is very visible so no one is going to be able to slip something on the car, the buyer then buyer can then walk a couple of streets to the shop and back and it should be job done.

Probably regularly buying and selling cars would also put a dent in someones hopes of checking where it lives, could cost a bit though with the new road tax rules.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Driving to a cannabis growing shop in the UK is stupid. It's illegal to grow. If I were a copper I'd sit outside all day noting registration numbers and busting each address.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Driving to a cannabis growing shop in the UK is stupid. It's illegal to grow. If I were a copper I'd sit outside all day noting registration numbers and busting each address.

It's not just cannabis this equipment is used for.. You might end up busting a tomato farmer..

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
After reading the article.. Which I must say is very informative. It seems such an injustice, the guy that caused all this only got 3 1/2 years.
He almost caused a gang war, had his family terrorised and kidnapped having to eventually go under protection programs and was obviously dealing in drugs.
People like this should be locked and the key throw away.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You would waste your time on chili growers, its popular right now.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Gangs around here use heat vision cameras to find grows. That's why I use none heat emitting led space age lights half the electricity bill also

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

The equipment can also be used to grow stuff like tomatoes and stuff...

Not that I would use it for that

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
One pissed off criminal that breaks in and finds a stash of tomatoes & peppers. First off any body that goes to a grow shop & buys their items is a damn idiot.
edit on 23-8-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

join