It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Plan for Fighting Crime - Tougher Cops

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah.. because the Hillary angle is that she wouldn't change a god damn thing either. So what are you saying with Trump? How does it matter?

Discussion of the topic? Yes, this is discussion of the overall situation with regards to policing: don't be obtuse.

There is no Hillary angle.

The fact is that the Chicago police say Trump never talked to any of their high ranking officers in the first place and basically he made up the whole story anyway.

You'd know this if you even bothered to read any of the thread. But you didn't and would rather talk some BS about Gays or Muslims or Hillary.

Get with it.

not exactly true.

www.nydailynews.com...

He lied about talking to a "top cop," and when the top cops refuted the story, he told another lie to cover it up. That's what Trump does all the time.

sure. Trump lied. Hope Hicks lied, too.
says you, the beacon of truth.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Hope Hicks lied, too.

That's what she's paid for.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

No need for tougher cops, just better training.

Every cop should be taught basic psych 101; if they learned how to negotiate better and be considerate beforehand instead of barking orders and opening fire then that might stop the suspects or perpetrators from acting rashly.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
a reply to: pheonix358

He is actually correct on this issue. I have served 20 years in the military and if you want to control a situation you have to take control of it with uncommon force. There is no other way if you want to control it long term and not just for a small window of time. Chicago is a war zone. Totally out of control with gun violence. Their Democratic leaders have failed them. I would even step it up to a military operation along with police. It could be cleaned up in less than 6 months. The violence would come to a grinding halt.

Let us just throw away the constitution.

Unless you think it's ok to keep the area policed by military tactics your simply recreating the environment we have in the middle east. Once the military leaves the criminals will be right back at it.

No thank you.

There are peaceful alternatives, we need real leaders like MLK, Huey P. Lewis and Macolm X, who understand this and push progressively towards this goal.

I don't need the military in my backyard, for any reason, ever. I will pick up a gun and defend myself before I let the constitution be dismantled like this.

Which is exactly what Huey P. Lewis called for. A black police force to police and protect black neighborhoods from crime. Made up of a citizen militia, a right granted by the constitution.

Peace is the only philosoohy that has ever led to lasting peace.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

No need for tougher cops, just better training.

Every cop should be taught basic psych 101; if they learned how to negotiate better and be considerate beforehand instead of barking orders and opening fire then that might stop the suspects or perpetrators from acting rashly.

I couldn't agree more.

Cops don't seem to be able to talk people down, negotiate anything, or even subdue people anymore. They just go in shooting and clean up later.

There are also too many getting shot for calling the cops too. They get called to check on someone or to help and they are the ones who get shot.

Pets too. Quit shooting peoples pets FFS!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: pheonix358
I know there are many movies and TV series out there but I have a bit of a reality check.

The President of the United States of America is not a crime fighter, nor a cop.

Not his job.

Well maybe you should tell him that because he seems to think it is his job and that "if I'm elected president this chaos and violence will end and it will end very very quickly."

I agree with you totally. That's not his job. But I don't think he knows that. It sounds like he's ready to authorize the cops to do whatever they think they need to do without even asking them exactly what that entails. He doesn't care. He just believe them and that's good enough.

you're failing to read between the lines.

police gets crucified everytime something happens - like recently, they've killed a deaf man that was speeding. i'm not exactly following that story, so i'm not sure if any new details have surfaced, and i'm all against police brutality and trigger happy morons in uniforms, but at the same time, good cops are afraid - and that's what Trump is getting at. they're afraid to act.

now, i'm not guessing how he plans to solve it, because what's clear is it'll be controversial - but i bet it'll have something to do with police officers feeling safe in general. feeling confident to act. he doesn't have to intervene in state affairs, he needs to act globally to remove the cause of the problem, then the problem will cease to exist. they don't need special privileges to get it done, they just can't be afraid to act, afraid that if anything goes wrong, they'll be crucified, regardless of how much good they've done.

Trump gets this. O'Reilly either doesn't, or tries to spin it his way to attack Trump. how about you?

They managed to clean up the streets in other cities simply ingredients by installing gunshot detector systems on streetlights. This eliminated the need for residents to call hotlines. The minute some yoofs starting goofing about in their backyard or a drug deal went bad, a Patrol car would arrive in minutes.

UK cities had problems with breaking. They did things like rearrange road systems into cul-de-sac. That eliminated the ability to cruise neighborhoods looking for targets or commit drive-by crime.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yep. De-escalation techniques and seeing other citizens as fellow humans would help a lot. Also, when people can't trust law enforcement, they take things into their own hands.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

And that's simply not true. I keep seeing internet "experts" who speak on subjects without actually researching those subjects. They act like personal opinion and rumors equal fact, when that's simply not true.

Ever heard of the "Black Widow" suicide bombers? They're literally grieving mothers, sisters, and wives who've had family members killed in this War on Terror (and in domestic "anti-terrorism" campaigns). They're typically approached in their moment of weakness and conned into taking revenge on the people who killed their family members.

And anyone who's actually studied ISIS and a lot of the smaller extremist groups will quickly notice that their "grunts" are no different that any other criminal gang. They recruit poor, young, uneducated, and disenfranchised people. Sometimes, they lure them with money. Sometimes they lure them with weapons, status, and drugs. But either way, the same anti-gang community projects would help decrease their numbers by preventing vulnerable people from joining them.

How do any of you expect to defeat an opponent when you won't even look into that opponent's mindset or how it appeals to others?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

He is actually correct on this issue. I have served 20 years in the military and if you want to control a situation you have to take control of it with uncommon force. There is no other way if you want to control it long term and not just for a small window of time. Chicago is a war zone. Totally out of control with gun violence. Their Democratic leaders have failed them. I would even step it up to a military operation along with police. It could be cleaned up in less than 6 months. The violence would come to a grinding halt.

Ya know, this propaganda has got to stop. Crime, according to the FBI itself is at an all-time LOW. So this whole media-generated crap is just complete bs. Is Chicago a mess? Of course it is, but it's a mess because the whole place is freaking corrupt, from the politicians, to the cops to the freaking judges.

So if you want to FIX Chicago, you don't bother with the people. You go after the politicians and judges and cops who have CREATED THIS MESS. I mean, c'mon, use your freaking noggin.

Same goes for this whole 'terorism' crap. You have a better chance of being hit by 10 bolts of lightning at the same freaking time than you do of ever being harmed by some 'terrorist'. And if the USA gov't REALLY GAVE A CRAP about 'terrorists', they would have closed up our borders a LONG TIME AGO. Notice they haven't done this, but what they HAVE DONE, is spend hundreds of billions of dollars promoting the whole bs 'war on terrorism'!

This is what is most disappointing about Trump. He keeps bombasting about 'violence' and crime and all this crap, like it's the biggest problem in this country. And the biggest problem is REALLY the crooked POLITICIANS, JUDGES, and HIGH-LEVEL COPS, that cause all the problems in this country. And I do NOT mean 'all cops'--just the ones in control, the ones who send their cops to Israel to get 'trained'. The ones who insist that cops keep 'quotas', and make them every month. The ones who have their wallets open, unbeknownst to the decent cops working in that precinct.

So stop with the whole violence meme. It's all freaking manufactured. And Trump should know better, but the fool surrounds himself with closet fascists like Chris 'Mommy State' Christie, and Rudy 'I did 9/11' Giuliani. And his campaign finance chairman is a freaking Morgan executive. And his chief analyst for foreign policy is the freaking HEAD of the CFR.

Those are NOT good people to surround oneself with these days. Pretty stupid actually, if one realizes what is really going on. And NO, I am most definitely NOT voting for a freaking Clinton. I'd vote for Satan before I'd give 'Pickles' my vote. I'm merely saying that people with OPEN eyes, SHOULD be worried about the things Trump says and the people he surrounds himself with. If they're thinking he's some 'savior', they are going to be seriously disappointed, unfortunately. Hope it isn't true, but you have to agree, if you are unbiased, that these are not good people to surround yourself with. And don't tell me about how 'the bankers know more about finance and stuff'. Bullcrap. There are tons of people who would be qualified as campaign finance chair that do not have the stain of Federal Reserve banking crony on them...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

The "war" on terrorism is very big money in the pocket of a few. Stop the so called war and the money stops. No going to happen soon.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

The "war" on terrorism is very big money in the pocket of a few. Stop the so called war and the money stops. No going to happen soon.

Absolutely. Good to see at least one other person 'gets it'. What a scam...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Force can never permanently control any situation. Look at how unstable Iraq was despite the number of troops there. All occupations that rely on force fail. It is only a temporary answer to otherwise being civilized.

In fact, just the opposite with highly visible actions but low arrests were what turned NYC around.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Police actions went up in NYC but arrests and convictions went down. In just about every city in the US today we've taken the opposite approach and convictions are through the roof. There are so many people waiting for trials in the US right now that we can't process them all even if we tried, so they instead coerce guilty convictions without ever hearing the evidence.

NYC was all about broken windows policing and community involvement.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Force can never permanently control any situation. Look at how unstable Iraq was despite the number of troops there. All occupations that rely on force fail. It is only a temporary answer to otherwise being civilized.

In fact, just the opposite with highly visible actions but low arrests were what turned NYC around.

I would give this 20 stars if I could. I am always gobsmacked at the multitude who promote increasing aggression when if you read history, you know that this has NEVER worked in the past, but makes no difference, because, testosterone rules and makes the gorillas feel better in the short term. SMH.

Just like what's happening in the Phillipines right now. Some numbnut is killing all the drug dealers, and thinks that is going to end the problem. Will it deter them? Sure, for a couple of months, but you can't kill EVERYBODY, and you can't just keep killing and killing. People will wake up sooner or later and realize that today it's the drug dealers, and tomorrow, it's THEM.

Again, stop the rampant corruption that is the Chicago machine, and you will improve the quality of life in Chicago by 1000%. But until that happens, it's all window dressing...Retraining cops? Yeah, sure that would work, if it started from day ONE of a cop's life. But we all know that ain't gonna happen. And what's the point of training/retraining cops when the cops bosses are corrupt up to their eyeballs?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Are you aware that the movie Robocop is a satire?

Robocop is also Jesus, from the authors words (and he's since gone on to write numerous books on Jesus). The film was a satire of American culture, but the main character was Jesus... so the film is basically "Jesus reacts to America"

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

And some people say that this was how ISIS was created!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I already know why they fight for ISIS and Al Qaeda, it's because they are brainwashed, it's because they are stupid and it's because they are easily made into patsies and pawns.

Comparing Europeans wanting to remain sovereign to ISIS soldiers is really pushing it. That's the most specious connection I've heard yet, they're nothing alike. Nothing they say is similar.

Sure, but I don't see a lot of real Middle Eastern Muslims wearing bling bling.. Either way, you're more than likely biased against the Western way of life. It sort of comes with the territory.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So, what is your point? Trump talked #? He does that every day.

Interesting thread.. move to the boring board.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So, what is your point? Trump talked #? He does that every day.

Interesting thread.. move to the boring board.

More like Trump flat out lied and fabricated some BS story and went public with it on Bill O'reily's show.

So I guess my point is that Trump is full of sh*t.

Seem pretty clear to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

I already know why they fight for ISIS and Al Qaeda, it's because they are brainwashed, it's because they are stupid and it's because they are easily made into patsies and pawns.

Comparing Europeans wanting to remain sovereign to ISIS soldiers is really pushing it. That's the most specious connection I've heard yet, they're nothing alike. Nothing they say is similar.

Actually you're wrong here, too. Not only are many of these terrorist groups directly lashing out at the Western presence in their lands, but they directly state this themselves. Did you ever look into Boko Haram like I suggested? ETA: And I'm sure you've looked into the heavy presence of former Iraqi military leadership in ISIS, right? Or articles like THIS, which interview actual imprisoned ISIS members & they explain their reasons for joining?

Do you even know why Osama Bin Laden fell from grace in Saudi Arabia? It's because he wanted his troops to protect Saudi Arabia & fight off Saddam in what became the Gulf War. He specifically said that if the Saudi royal family allowed Americans into the country, we'd stay there permanently. The Saudi royals chose Western military support instead of his troops, he got pissed & started mouthing off, and so they exiled him. In fact, his troops' attack on the USS Cole was a direct attempt to scare us out of the region (as were the Al Qaeda attacks on US embassies before 9/11).

Sure, but I don't see a lot of real Middle Eastern Muslims wearing bling bling.. Either way, you're more than likely biased against the Western way of life. It sort of comes with the territory.

Then clearly you don't know a lot of Muslims, much less Middle Eastern ones lol. I've met quite a few whose watches alone were worth more than my entire wardrobe. Just another one of your uninformed answers, I see.
edit on 26-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join