It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you accept that this NASA photo shows buildings on Mars? Video.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Jeff Rense placed this video on YouTube today, Aug. 22 (2016). The video features a NASA photo showing what looks almost clearly a "community" of buildings. Visible are shapes we can recognize: windows/doors, steps. I know nature can construct recognizable shapes such as pyramids, but the scene looks manufactured. It could also be due to pareidolia, making sense out of chaos. Anyways, there is no narration but if you watch the whole video you may appreciate the music.

Perhaps the more knowleldgeable members can do some research to verify the photo a NASA product and can sharper copies be available. I don't know how to read NASA's notations for photo numbers or missions. But calling day "sol" sound like phooey to me. Day is day. We don't call our days sol.

Take a look and voice your opinions.

"Clear Evidence of Buildings on Mars - not Pixelization" - Jeff Rense - Published on Aug 22, 2016

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

I have never seen that many straight lines and right angles produced by nature before--that is just bizarre!

Reminds me so much of Hopi pueblos

Can't wait to see what the pundits have to say. Thanks for posting!

edit on 22-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

If someone were to show me that image without any context, I would say it looks like a lay-down yard at a Port facility - I can even make out stacked risers (pipe).

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I have never seen that many straight lines and right angles produced by nature before

Really?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

That would be magnificent to see on a large scale on an alien world. Beautiful.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The video you have looks very much like this image from this quite old ATS thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the consensus (among those who don't believe it is buildings) is that these straight lines and boxes are jpeg compression artefacts from zooming in very closely on the image.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Video artifacts, here seen in color.

edit on 22-8-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hate to be a buzzkill but it looks like pixelation to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Ah yes, the old MikeS threads opened the door to some of the best debates this site has hosted. Zorgon was a key player as well. Memory lane never looked better...

JP Skipper tried to push this as well, and though he was mistaken in his analysis IMO, it still shined a much needed light on the topic.

Cheers for the flashback cuck...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Definitely interesting. No way to say for sure whether or not it's pixelation. (To me anyways)

Anyone else see many different "faces". Much like those we see in African Inca/Maya art? Some appear humanoid, others... Not so much.

I'm not saying this is proof of anything. But if legit, quite intriguing.

Thought provoking nonetheless!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Double
edit on 23-8-2016 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
'Sol' is the correct astronomical term for a martian day. It is just over 24 hours if I remember correctly.
Sorry, I think the other guys nailed it (pixelation)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Triple!?!
edit on 23-8-2016 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Now , all we need is Phage to step in with his all-time favorite response:
ITS A ROCK
That would really be old school then.(although I do remember him one time puzzled)
Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless
"Clear Evidence of Buildings on Mars - not Pixelization" - Jeff Rense - Published on Aug 22, 2016

Youtube video with addded music = scam.

Why doesn't he list the original NASA photo's?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
just a tip for you all: pixelization caused by compression can only occur at compression block edges - those blocks are usually square, and the edges are ALWAYS horizontal and vertical.

ALWAYS.

one can argue that the photo could be subjected to a transform, but in such case all the lines would still be parallel or would cross at a single point. when there are irregularities when it comes to the angles, something smells.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Do you accept that this NASA photo shows buildings on Mars?

When I'm not told when the photos were taken, by what and which location they are showing?

No.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This would be the original image (highly enhanced) used for the pics in the OP : esamultimedia.esa.int...

Also note that this is not a photo, per say, it's I believe "photo" put on a computer generated terrain.
edit on 23-8-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

The video you have looks very much like this image from this quite old ATS thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the consensus (among those who don't believe it is buildings) is that these straight lines and boxes are jpeg compression artefacts from zooming in very closely on the image.

You are right about the photo in the video being the same as that in the 2007 thread. I matched the thread closeups.

I did a search here for "buildings on Mars" and nothing came up, including that old thread. If I had continued to look at the search results I might have found it.

Perhaps if a Mod reads our comments they might disable the thread. I am disappointed in Rense posting this now as if it was news. I am more disappointed in myself for duping an existing thread when I'm always pointing that out.

But I have to add that while it might be impossible for buildings on Mars, or an "alien" city, I disagree with those that say they're artifacts from over-pixelation, or that they're natural, or that they are "jpeg compression artefacts from zooming in very closely on the image.", etc. Too many details.

From mikesingh at the thread:

These images were taken by the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) on board ESA’s Mars Express spacecraft from an altitude of approx 273 Km.

Thanks for finding that thread. Wish I had!

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To add text.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

whys it say no pixellation it looks like pixelation to me but im no expert

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join